Elizaveta Tuktamysheva Cheer Thread

starrynight

It's quite interesting the way that Russian ladies fandom works. It's not even about Russia anymore - rather it's fandom of the Tutberidze training centre. Skaters like Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva etc might as well be Americans or Canadians as far as the fandom process of Russian ladies skating works at the moment.

Japanfan

It's quite interesting the way that Russian ladies fandom works. It's not even about Russia anymore - rather it's fandom of the Tutberidze training centre. Skaters like Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva etc might as well be Americans or Canadians as far as the fandom process of Russian ladies skating works at the moment.

Not for me. I love Tuk Tuk, but don't care for Med or Zags. The last Russian skater I ubered was Slute, and I did enjoy Lip for the bit of time in which she competed.

Ka3sha

antmanb

Does anyone know why she doesn't do the 3S?

Has she ever done the 3S? I guess with one triple missing the layout makes sense using the maximum number of triples and 2A but it seems weird that she can pull off 3As with ease but then not attempt the 3S.

LoopCombo

Does anyone know why she doesn't do the 3S?

Has she ever done the 3S? I guess with one triple missing the layout makes sense using the maximum number of triples and 2A but it seems weird that she can pull off 3As with ease but then not attempt the 3S.
Could the reason be related to her previous back injury, or some other lingering injury?

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
+
as she ever done the 3S? I guess with one triple missing the layout makes sense using the maximum number of triples and 2A but it seems weird that she can pull off 3As with ease but then not attempt the 3S.

This is the first season Tuk hasn't done the salchow. She'd usually do a 3S+2A+seq the past couple years. In fact, she landed all 8 triples at the World Team Trophy LP in April.

I'm assuming the salchow is missing this season because she's repeating the 3A and 3Lz, and she isn't confident doing an euler-salchow combination.

Her current jump layout is:
3A+2T
3A
3Lz+2A+SEQ
3F
2A+3T+2T
3Lz
3Lo
base jump TES: 51.52

Ideally she'd replace the lutz-axel sequence (which I despise!) with 3Lz+1Eu+3S, but AFAIK she's never done an euler-salchow combo before. Her PCS definitely has a ceiling, so every point of TES does count. ;)

If we update the jump layout to:
3A+2T
3A
3Lz+1Eu+3S
3F
2A+3T
3Lz
3Lo
base jump TES: 53.43

So adding the salchow nets her 1.91 more base value over her current layout, which isn't insignificant, but not quite as much as I would have guessed.

LoopCombo

+

This is the first season Tuk hasn't done the salchow. She'd usually do a 3S+2A+seq the past couple years. In fact, she landed all 8 triples at the World Team Trophy LP in April.

I'm assuming the salchow is missing this season because she's repeating the 3A and 3Lz, and she isn't confident doing an euler-salchow combination.

Her current jump layout is:
3A+2T
3A
3Lz+2A+SEQ
3F
2A+3T+2T
3Lz
3Lo
base jump TES: 51.52

Ideally she'd replace the lutz-axel sequence (which I despise!) with 3Lz+1Eu+3S, but AFAIK she's never done an euler-salchow combo before. Her PCS definitely has a ceiling, so every point of TES does count. ;)

3A+2T
3A
3Lz+1Eu+3S
3F
2A+3T
3Lz
3Lo

So adding the salchow nets her 1.91 more base value over her current layout, which isn't insignificant, but not quite as much as I would have guessed.
Thanks very much, @alchemy void! 1.91 is also less than I thought a different layout would add to her base value.

antmanb

3A+2T
3A
3Lz+1Eu+3S
3F
2A+3T
3Lz
3Lo

Thanks for the information. I wonder, given how strong her lutz is, whether she could do 3Lz+3T and maybe try the -Eu-3S on the back of the 2A? Or even go back to the 3S-2A SEQ (even though that gets her fewer points becuase of the SEQ penalty).

Was it the loop she hasn't done in previous seasons? I seem to recall that she was down a triple in a lot of competitions when she had the 3As.

bardtoob

Who does that in competition? I have only seen one female do it in practice.

. . . Although I think with Mishin by her side, Liza is probably capable of out jumping anybody.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Last edited:

antmanb

Good question, it's definitely not very common in ladies.

Off the top of my head, the only one I can remember is Pogorilaya in 2016-2017

ETA: Radionova in 16-17, as well.

Can't think of anyone else at the moment. It would be nice to add the salchow back in and gain 1.91 base value, but she might be better served by working on adding more speed and ice coverage for more PCS. :shuffle:

I feel like most of the Russian juniors do either 3Lz or 3F with EU-3S on the end (Trusova does 3Lz, Kanysheva did 3F last year, Tarakanova 3F, Scherbakova 3F)

Did Sotskova do 3Lz-EU-3S? Maybe the first jump was a flip actually.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Ari Zakarian has posted a closer up view (believe he was the original source of the clip linked above):

Hopefully we'll see this landed in competition next week at at Golden Spin of Zagreb!

ETA link to Coach Mishin's comment: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ove-35-winter-2019.106406/page-5#post-5695131

Looks clean to me.

Sylvia

TBD
Liza didn't attempt the 4T in her Golden Spin FS today but landed at least one in practice in Zagreb (not sure where original source credit goes to; ditto for the IGTV fan cam video of her SP):

GOLD Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 221.15 1 1

SP: 72.86 41.58 32.28 8.05 7.70 8.20 8.10 8.30 1.00 [late start deduction] #20

FS: 148.29 80.93 67.36 8.35 8.05 8.60 8.45 8.65 0.00 #23 (of 24)
Jumps landed: 3A+2T (+1.44), 3A, 3Lz, 3F, 2A+3T+2T, 3Lz+2A+SEQ, 3Lo.
All Level 4 spins & L3 footwork.

Jonas

Liza's 4toe attempts are just GORGE!! Effortless and just great speed and flow from entry to landing! I'd say they deserve higher GoE than any of the quad attempts that either Trusova or Scherbakova try. I do hope that Tukt tries one at Russian Nationals. She's really got nothing to lose really -- in fact, frankly she'll almost need to upgrade to have any prayer for Euros and/or Worlds because she's already "behind" Team Tuberidze's stable.

I think she can easily try this layout in some order:

3A+2T, 4T, 3A, 3Z+2A+SEQ, 3F+3T, 3R, 3S+3T+2T

Your thoughts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information