Elizabet Tursynbaeva cheer/support thread

Sylvia

TBD
I just realized 2019 World silver medalist Elizabet Tursynbaeva and the first female singles skater to land a quadruple jump (Salchow) at the World Championships (article/clip here: https://fansided.com/2019/03/22/wor...eva-becomes-first-female-skater-to-land-quad/ ) doesn't have her own fan thread here.

@Ka3sha first posted about Tursynbaeva's injury news in the "From Russia with love" thread.

Zakon.kz has an article based on the Instagram post yesterday of Elizabet's mother, Padishahan Sultanalieva (machine translation below): https://www.zakon.kz/4983979-elizabet-tursynbaeva-poluchila-travmu.html
I am very sad. Elizabet is injured. For two weeks now we’ve been looking for the right way to heal. May God give strength and courage to Liza. I’m always with you, sweetheart. I cry silently from hopelessness. One god and I know how much I went through in the world of figure skating. The most sad, this is not the first or last injury. If I knew where it would fall, I would lay straws, but, unfortunately, no one knows. Hang on, honey, I love you.
I hope Elizabet will be able to find the proper medical treatment soon and be able to heal fully and well.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting this positive news from the From Russia with love thread (Shanghai Trophy invitational is October 3-5):
Elizaveta Tursynbaeva, per her father's interview, has recovered, and will be attending Shanghai Trophy event.
the article google-translates ok. in a nut-shell:
  • she is training. on the sept. 29th they will depart to China and remain there until oct. 6th.
  • per her father, the injury she had did not prevent her from training, she was getting treatment at the same time.
  • she will attend Skate America, plans to come to USA.
  • father repeats: we never stopped training, just slowed down a bit. training was never interrupted.
  • Elizaveta did not feel "broken" in this situation. The same condition happened few times before, last year, just before Youth Olympics in 2016, etc. It's not pleasant, especially when it's just before the start of season, but Elizaveta is a strong person and has good support from fans and coach Tutberidze.
  • the rumors about "Kazhakh federation is looking for a new coach for Liza" are completely false. father has no idea why "some want to spread such rumors", because they will remain permanent in Tutberidze's group.
  • they completely trust Tutberidze, stay in constant contact about everything, she is tops.
  • the goal is Olympics 2022, but current aim is to prepare and do well in GP, 4CC and Worlds.
  • can't/will not name names who her main rivals are - "we need to reach out own maximums".
  • main goal is to fully regain her condition, not thinking of "gold" in addition to medals earned.

Last edited:

puglover

Wasn't she injured as well before the Olympics? I thought I had heard somewhere from an announcer that her skates there were great considering her recent struggles with injury. I hope this is not a chronic, reoccurring injury.

Sylvia

TBD
Recent posts on Elizabet's IG (machine translations to English included):

Oct. 24:

Dear friends! I invite you to the ice performances of Ilya Averbukh in which I will participate: the fairy tale "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King" and the musical "CARMEN".
December 16 and 17 in Almaty Arena.

Oct. 25:

As soon as the consequences of the injury due to which I had to decline to participate in the Grand Prix, and I fully recover, will pass, I will begin rehearsing my roles in the Carmen show and the fairy tale The Nutcracker and the Mouse King. It is a great honor for me to work under the leadership of Ilya Averbukh in a team with eminent skaters Roman Kostomarov, Margarita Drobyazko, Povilas Vanagas and Oksana Domnina. Become a part of a large team of almost 80 people. It’s special joy for me that my first performance of this format will take place in Almaty.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Her first performance since Shanghai Trophy in early October Turns out this performance was from April 2019 (Ilia Averbukh's Ice Age show called "15 years of success"):

This article was published 3 weeks ago (November 7):
Excerpt:
Tursynbaeva skipped several big tournaments due to an injury and came to Almaty for treatment.
The figure skater revealed that it was the National Olympic Committee that proposed Elizabet to undergo treatment in Almaty.
The athlete admits that she already sees results of the two-week treatment during the training sessions and plans to take part in an ice show in December [refer to post above for details].

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Elizavet's latest IG post thanks everyone who voted for her:

Referring to this national award:
Tursynbaeva's Award Ceremony short video (Best Athlete of the Year in Winter Sports).

Sylvia

TBD
Elizabet shared 2 skating clips from the show:
Machine translation:
It was unforgettable! Thank you very much Almaty for such a warm welcome, I really enjoyed speaking to you! And of course, many thanks to @averbukhofficial for the invitation to the whole team for such an atmosphere and for helping me to join this show! This was the first time for me. Therefore, I was very pleased to feel part of this grand show!

olympic

What exactly is her competitive status this season? TSL in their Russian Nationals recap were speculating that she was out for the season....

Sylvia

TBD
Elizabet finally got her main IG account back from the hacker! (she thanked her supporters for their help):

What exactly is her competitive status this season?
Dunno yet. We'll see if she competes at 4CC.

olympic

Strange situation for Tursy, though. She made big gains with Team Eteri, but they have their hands full w/ both the Senior and Junior Russian Wunderkinder

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Machine translated excerpt:
Answering a question on Instagram about whether she will have competitions this season, Tursynbaeva wrote: “Most likely not.” To a clarifying question about when to wait for her to return to the ice, the skater said that "probably next season."
This her IG post in which she replied to the 2 questions in Russian & English:

kittyjake5

Nice interview. She has many talents. Glad to hear she has been spending time on her music. I have never heard her play but have read that she is an accomplished musician.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Kathryn2001

I have seen no updates on Elizabet Tursynbayeva since this thread ending over a year ago.
Does anyone have any updated information her? I am kind of assuming her injuries haven't healed and maybe she is moving on away from competition. Anyone know??

Sylvia

TBD
I have seen no updates on Elizabet Tursynbayeva since this thread ending over a year ago.
Does anyone have any updated information her?
@Kathryn2001 the videos linked in my posts #24 & #25 above in November 2020 show her attending classes at university, training off ice and skating in Moscow.

Copying over from the From Russia With Love #39 thread today:
Elizaveta Tursynbaeva, 2 video clips of some kind of a programme; she is at a rink in Kazhahstan. The 2nd clip's caption is "just like that" (or "for no reason").
The first clip is Lady Gaga's "Million Reasons" and the second one is to "Skinny Love" (by Birdy?).
Elizabet posts on her Instagram account quite often these days, including story clips: https://www.instagram.com/elizabetkz/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information