Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

semogal

Wow, thanks everyone for finding and sharing those clips! A wonderful start to my day. I am so pleased that these skating opportunities continue to come their way.

literaryfreak

The Orpheus and Eurydice number is exquisite! I took an opera class in college, because figure skating introduced me to opera music, and L'Orfeo was the first one we looked at. So seeing D/W skate to this myth made me smile. I love love the way they use the scarf. I hope they find a way to reuse this number elsewhere somehow. I also really like how Charlie's shirt ripples in the wind as they skate, adds to the drama. Charlie's Perseus number is pretty cool too.

mollymgr

Great to see them back on the Rockefeller Rink again. That has become a tradition of sorts. :)

I totally agree with the Orpheus and Eurydice number being amazing. The set made it look so authentic because towards the end as Meryl is skating backwards, it gives the viewer the feeling that she is going back into the underworld.:wuzrobbed They have grown so much as performers.:swoon:
This program finally gives me my fix of seeing D/W portraying these legendary characters without the pressure of competition. I thought that would never happen after their FD in Sochi.

OTOH, I was getting so distracted by the fashion designing fail of the Eros costume, I was trying to drown it out by focusing on Bocelli's singing.:drama: I think it is voidy.:p
I loved the entire show and I hope we get a nice HD version when it comes out in December. The Helen of Troy group number was cool too.

Charlie said a "No" today when asked if they were going to Pyeongchang on the facebook live thing. But they are doing SOI.

Last edited:

semogal

Don't have time today to watch the clips. Did they announce a due date for baby White?

Barbara Manatee

A short interview with the Olympic Channel.They got a lot of guff for dragging out their decision, but it meant they could make it and have no regrets, so :revenge::violin:the h8rz. Spoiler alert: they aren't planning a comeback in 2019, either.

It's incredible being able to take our sport and turn it into art, and we're very lucky to be able to do that, and we enjoy it very much.
:encore:

justtojoke

Meryl : "I think the door is pretty closed":lol:. I love how content they seem to be and also how they keep striving to be role models in everything they do. It's inspiring. Thanks for posting that.

Barbara Manatee

Time to put in another bid, Detroit!

justtojoke, I love your newest avatar. I'm ready for Meryl and Charlie to dial back on their signature moves, but I could watch that slide all day, every day. So romantic. :smokin:

Last edited:

mollymgr

I am loving the Olympic Channel!!! They showed the FD too! And it was glorious:encore:The way DW competed and skated...made you sit back in your seat. It was nice to see that again,I got stressed all over again:lol:
The Olympic Channel is all kinds of awesome!!! I'm so happy that this has so much potential to finally allow more skating coverage.

Here is D/W's recorded chat from today from Classroom Champions. Charlie needs a table lamp.:slinkaway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_EZfsBIk8

New CNN SI interview. Nothing that we haven't heard before.
https://www.si.com/olympics/2017/10/13/2018-winter-olympics-meryl-davis-charlie-white-retirement
(Editor's Note: The following interview was lightly edited and condensed)...??? so that's where all the good stuff went.:lol:

Last edited:

Flip Jump

Baby boy White’s due date was Oct. 3 at least that was what the baby registry said. So I’m pretty sure the baby is here. Gramma Jackie is keeping it quite

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information