Cipres accused of sexual misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOnTheWind

Thank you. I really don't know how that SS organization works so not having enough people to work the cases makes it clearer to understand.

I'm sure staffing is an issue too because they have stressed that as an issue but often the public won't see actions that have been taken because of the nature of a proper investigation. It can look like nothing is being done but there is plenty going on behind the scenes. I worked on a fraud case once and there were a lot of privacy issues that had to be considered as well as legal before anything could be made public or reported.

ETA:

Because they are not a true enforcement agency. These kind of investigation should be done by trained a law enforcement officials. I’m fortunate we are doing is allowing this bizarre organization to do them.

If you look at the jobs posted they have to have the proper licenses and certifications to be investigators. It's not like they are a bunch of amateurs pretending at spy games.

Last edited:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I completely agree about men needing to be decent. Even decent men can be accused...hence the extra careful. Think of a man teaching pairs lifts and demonstrating where the hands go. Having a second adult there is important in this day and age.

When someone is accused of sexual misconduct when teaching a lift, then you might have a case for such statements.

Until then, I am not sure why people keep bringing up these "What ifs" when they aren't even remotely related to what is actually alleged in these cases.

Who besides that weirdo in Congress thinks it is good idea to send people pictures of your penis?

Are you truly unaware that this is a fairly common thing?

skatfan

Four months with such high profile skaters..........that is poor management. Everyone is under staffed. Work smarter.

You're obviously trying to critique something you know nothing about. Safe Sport is very understaffed and these investigations need to be thorough. A four month delay to start where the abused skaters are not currently at risk is fine.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

UMMM yes! and thank G-d! You are saying that sending pictures of a hairy dick is common? Not in my universe. Who would want to send that and who would want to get that?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
You're obviously trying to critique something you know nothing about. Safe Sport is very understaffed and these investigations need to be thorough. A four month delay to start where the abused skaters are not currently at risk is fine.

Understaffed is not an excuse for not doing your job. Is Safe Sport a mandatory reporter?

hanca

Values her privacy
To be fair to AxelAnnie, I have been unaware that that this is supposed to be a common thing. No one has ever sent that to me, and none of my friends ever mentioned having that sent to them... I guess it depends a lot who your friends and acquaintances are. I can’t imagine that a complete stranger would send you that, because how would the stranger get your email address...

Lacey

It's not just safesport and a ban that's in play here. Cipres could be criminally charged. The minor child's parents don't have to press charges. The police can do that on their own and have apparently already spoken with the family. While Safesport may not have any jurisdiction as it were over Cipres, but the courts do.

Yes. I was wondering if it could just be SafeSport with control, but the US judicial and court system should also be involved, perhaps first.

Last edited:

Vagabond

To be fair to AxelAnnie, I have been unaware that that this is supposed to be a common thing. No one has ever sent that to me, and none of my friends ever mentioned having that sent to them... I guess it depends a lot who your friends and acquaintances are.
I know we all have different life experiences, hanca. But the poster in question could have done a modicum of research before posting.
I can’t imagine that a complete stranger would send you that, because how would the stranger get your email address...
The same way spammers do.

mag

because how would the stranger get your email address...

In my experience, people under 30 do not use email. They message using one of the dozens of social media apps available. I made a comment about email to my dd the other day and by her expression you would have thought I was suggesting she buy a stamp. With social media is way easier to contact people through a simple online search.

starrynight

I think it happens a lot with online dating too. You are chatting to someone and then suddenly they drop into your inbox.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I'm very sorry, Lanie. You must feel so betrayed.

Not really, no. Just shocked people I believed were decent when I had interacted with them quite a lot turn out to be pretty horrible, if these allegations are true. It is like people say--you really don't know someone, do you? We've all been saying that here.

I would feel betrayed were it my own child a victim of this senseless arrogance, covering up a crime and bullying a child. (Betrayed and also I would knock their teeth out.)

re: dick pics I didn't know it was so prevalent either. I've, thankfully, never received one. Why people think this is something sexy or a good idea is...beyond me.

starrynight

So maybe it is pretty common for those who do online dating, but not very common in other day-to-day life.

I think there’s a pretty prevalent ‘send nudes’ culture out there. And plenty of people accept it as the new normal.

So much so that it’s become part of the school course work in some places to educate kids of the dangers, risks and consequences of it.

BrightSkates

Flop era commenced
Can we link here? If so, I can send a screencap. Also, I’m warning you because the info came up in VM fan wars. It was literally just a brief comment that Morgan hooks up with underage girls. That wasn’t really in the accusations I read, so, it will probably get worse.
Oh wow....... I know Morgan is dating Lola Esbrat for at least a couple of months now. They look serious. She is age 22.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0cxU5RIl_1/?igshid=kimnald0r909
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzoHrcxoomh/?igshid=10alrkpzqpzrj
https://www.instagram.com/p/B388pn-o5gi/?igshid=rqgsgvzf6br7

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
So maybe it is pretty common for those who do online dating, but not very common in other day-to-day life.
I suspect it is far more common in day-to-day life of many teens and 20-somethings, especially if they are in a relationship with someone and sexually active. My 27-yr old niece has certainly made allusions about this sort of thing occurring in her friends circle. Now, that's not the same as random strangers nor did any of that involve 28-yr olds sending them to 13 yr olds, but at least one of her friends started dating her husband when she was 14 and he is at least 3-4 years older than her, so, yeah... I can't say I am surprised that lots of guys send dick pics to other people.

Perky Shae Lynn

I can't help but think of the age of the alleged victim - 13. I have grandchildren around that age and to think of what this young woman has had to go through is heartbreaking and it has only just begun. If trusted adults actually did threaten her with repercussions if she were to report this, they should have the book thrown at them.
I feel the same. My oldest child is around the same age. Not a young lady, not a young woman - a CHILD. As a parent, I can only imagine how profoundly traumatizing this situation has been (and will continue to be) for the family.

peibeck

Simply looking
Yes, Brennan tweeted this:
"A few thoughts on this statement: They have not yet been contacted by SafeSport because SS has just begun its investigation. They will be contacted in due time. As for saying there are no claims against them, there are most definitely claims against them."

This whole thing is beyond dreadful, and it could be possible that Zimmerman/Fontana/Dispenze/Cipres were caught off guard because they didn't know a report had been made to SafeSport until hearing about this article. (Obviously this is speculation on my part, which I own fully, and I agree with @rfisher in saying it is unusual they had a publicist and not a lawyer was responding to this claim about them, but it could also be because this truly was news to them and that is how they quickly reacted.)

And as disturbing as I find all of their alleged behavior, I find is also troubling that an investigation which is in its earliest stages (apparently) is being leaked to the press. After what happened with John Coughlin after his investigation went public, I'm inclined to be more cautious in venting the pent up emotions I feel. Brennan may be 100% correct in everything she wrote in this article, but in matters like this I'd prefer it be handled through law enforcement as much as an organization like SafeSport out of an abundance of caution before passing full udgement based on a 500 word article in USA Today. This is not to say, I don't believe the victim. Rarely are allegations like this made falsely. But I do believe having this play out in the public eye is not necessarily the best thing for a minor child, and if the unintended results end up in further tragedy, like they did with the Coughlin case, then no one is spared in the conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information