Chris Reed has passed away

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
So tragic, condolences to his family and friends. I couldn't believe it when I read it. He was so young.

kittyjake5

manhn

Their 2010 OD was their masterpiece. I was honoured to see their performance live in Vancouver. My condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

pat c

Way too young. RIP Chris Reed. Condolences to your family and friends.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Very sad to read this. He was so young!

Loved that 2018 FD....but I will always love Cathy and Chris Reed's Addams Family program

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
Such sad news to wake up to. Rest in Peace Chris. And prayers to the Reed family.

He and Kana had one of my favorite freedances ever in their 17/18 season. Might be awhile before I can watch it again.
I said it at the time, re:FD..I saw it live at SA17..Sometimes it is not always the "best skaters" who touch our hearts..

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Cathy & Chris Reed, 2011 Worlds SD to "The Addams Family"

Japanese Ice Dance couldn't come to the place where it is now without Cathy & Chris Reed! They held the national flag for quite a while. What a loss. I really wanted to see Cathy & Chris enjoy teaching Japanese kids ice dancing which he loved so much. He always looked gentle and supportive. I'm sure he could be a nice coach. Wish Cathy will get over this tough time and won't give up the original plan to teach in the new rink.

Dobre

I think Muramoto & Reed's best performance of their Olympic season FD may actually have been at the Olympics in the regular dance event, but of course I cannot find that one on youtube. Here is a fancam of their FD at Worlds, which was also well skated and got them to the the spot right outside the top 10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHJyUqHGjWo

My personal favorite program of theirs is the Latin RD from the same season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lgU5CBBCwM

Last edited:

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Holy sh&t!! That poor family and his friends, my thoughts to them all. May he rest in peace.

Amy L

Very sad. Losing someone suddenly is always tragic, but losing someone young and athletic to a heart attack has got to be a total whirlwind. Condolences to his family and to his girlfriend Kerstin. It's a shame that Japan lost a great asset to ice dance in their country. If Cathy wants to continue the plans they had, I wish her all the luck in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information