Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

angi

So happy for them!! My kingdom for a video, too! I did see Z/K on instagram, they were wonderful as well!
You can keep your kingdom though :)

Sylvia

TBD
So happy for them!! My kingdom for a video, too! I did see Z/K on instagram, they were wonderful as well!
I was told C/P’s winning free dance was uploaded on the Croatian skating fed’s Instagram account “but because of the music it is not visible in the USA” - if someone can find a way to share it online (on another platform) for those of us in USA, please do! ETA that @angi has shared the IG link above while I was typing!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I was told C/P’s winning free dance was uploaded on the Croatian skating fed’s Instagram account “but because of the music it is not visible in the USA” - if someone can find a way to share it online (on another platform) for those of us in USA, please do! ETA that @angi has shared the IG link above while I was typing!
I don't know how but here is the link to it on instagram for someone to figure out:

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
I was on that IG account, you can see Z/K and R/A free dances but not CarPom. I can't figure it out either. I pulled up IG on Opera browser, still doesn't work. ETA: I even copied link and tried on IG on Opera. Says video is not available.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I don't know how but here is the link to it on instagram for someone to figure out:
Is there anyone who can DL the video from their IG account and upload it to YT?

litenkyckling

Is there anyone who can DL the video from their IG account and upload it to YT?
I can't I'm afraid - but I can watch the video here in the UK.

On watching - they were really good BUT I think not their best so far. Twizzles were very slightly out of synch (but only a little, and for them thats not too bad!). They didn't get the music hit on the combo lift with his leg like they did in Sheffield but I wonder if that is partly to do with the change in the choreo spinning movement (can't comment on Espoo as the camera work was trash). No changes were made to the choreo here though.

No footage of the RD either so not sure if changes were made there. I think before nationals perhaps they could add more to the RD choreo steps as they aren't getting a huge GOE on them for some reason.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I got it to download but the only place I would upload it is tumblr probably I don't need a youtube strike against me

Karen-W

I got it to download but the only place I would upload it is tumblr probably I don't need a youtube strike against me
Would you? I'd gladly follow any link that isn't geoblocked in the US, lol!

Karen-W

I think what's really important, heading into Nationals is not just the 191+ score that CarPon got here, but that they beat ReedAmbru by a slightly larger margin (1.84) than GreenP did at NHK (1.12) - that is the closest we've come to a head-to-head match up between CarPon and GreenP this season, and it's some interesting food for thought for the judges...

Last edited:

litenkyckling

I think what's really important, heading into Nationals is not just the 191+ score that CarPon got here, but that they beat ReedAmbru by a slightly larger margin (1.84) than GreenP did at NHK (1.12) - that is the closest we've come to a head-to-head match up between CarPon and ReedAmbru this season, and it's some interesting food for thought for the judges...
Plus they had that deduction!

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
The combo one right near the end of the program.
Thanks. They get 12 seconds for that, don't they? I counted six on the first part so when they go into the rotation, it's too long? Seems easy to fix if they take out a rotation...

sap5

Yeah, they really need to fix the timing on that lift before Nationals. If they lose to GreenP by less than a point... :lynch:
I will be surprised if C/P lose to Gr/P by less than a point. At this point, I'm expecting a much wider gap.

sap5

Why are you in the CarPon cheer thread?

I'm sure that most GreenP fans are expecting a much wider gap. Sort of like how last season they expected them to beat HawBak for the 3rd Olympic spot. :shuffle:
Because I'm a fan of C/P.

I can celebrate their accomplishments this season while also commenting that some fan expectations seem unrealistic.

chameleonster

I'm very happy with their win here-first international gold in three years! But what I'm most happy about is the consistency and improvement. Their PCS and GOE are slowly but steadily rising, and they've gone clean three comps in a row. They've had some bobbles of course, but nothing major. I don't feel like I need to start praying every time they go into the twizzles. And now THEY can also feel so much more confident.

While I agree that G/Pa are the favorites for the bronze, I don't think it's farfetched to think that C/P can at least keep it close. Earlier this season G/Pa were losing to the Taschlers but cleaned up after some weeks of practice and looked much stronger. C/P beat the Taschlers on their first try after a late start with Anthony recovering from injury, and have six weeks to look even better. It's possible we're getting a little over excited because it's been so long since they've looked this good, but I think if they continue to skate clean they'll get strong scores even if they don't get the bronze.

litenkyckling

Plus - it’s nationals and anything can happen. Gr/P have had a lower base value at most of their events compared to C/P at this point so they haven’t exactly had a shining showing so far.

sap5

I'm very happy with their win here-first international gold in three years! But what I'm most happy about is the consistency and improvement. Their PCS and GOE are slowly but steadily rising, and they've gone clean three comps in a row. They've had some bobbles of course, but nothing major. I don't feel like I need to start praying every time they go into the twizzles. And now THEY can also feel so much more confident.

While I agree that G/Pa are the favorites for the bronze, I don't think it's farfetched to think that C/P can at least keep it close. Earlier this season G/Pa were losing to the Taschlers but cleaned up after some weeks of practice and looked much stronger. C/P beat the Taschlers on their first try after a late start with Anthony recovering from injury, and have six weeks to look even better. It's possible we're getting a little over excited because it's been so long since they've looked this good, but I think if they continue to skate clean they'll get strong scores even if they don't get the bronze.
Agree. What C/P have already accomplished this season is amazing. But they need more time. If they can get a strong 4th place (or better) the judges will give them that time. If Anthony can spend next summer improving his skating skills the way Christina did this summer there are some great possibilities here.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Is it a foregone conclusion that Gre/Par are going to win bronze over Car/Pom?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Is it a foregone conclusion that Gre/Par are going to win bronze over Car/Pom?
Depends on who you ask hahaha. I'd say the odds are in Green/Parsons favor, but also we haven't seen them compete against each other. Hoping for an epic Charlie White/Madison Hubbell staredown backstage (while Scott is confused).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information