Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

Ka3sha

I watched FD on Russian TV with TAT's commentary today :TT1:
She usually isn't a fan of Madi/Zach, but today was praising them, especially Madison:
- You have to look at her feet, all her movements come from her knees.
- They gain speed quickly and effortlessly, you don't notice it.
- That was very unexpected, very emotional skate
- They don't have very difficult lifts or difficult positions - not because he's weak or she's a bit plump - no, they just don't need such lifts. They do everything in style, they chose R&J and they don't need to do an acrobatic lift or unaesthetic position. And their speed... like wind
- Their SS are just brilliant. They have progressed a lot, they are skating like masters; they do not pay too much attention to the steps now: clean choctaws, turns - it goes without saying. They are using these elements as words to tell their story
:)

Last edited:

Bigbird

She usually isn't a fan of Madi/Zach, but today was praising them, especially Madison:
- You have to look on her feet, all her movements come from her knees.
- They don't have very difficult lifts or difficult positions - not because he's weak or she's a bit plump - no, they just don't need such lifts. They do everything in style, they chose R&J and they don't need to do an acrobatic lift or unaesthetic position. And their speed... like wind
- Their SS are just brilliant. They have progressed a lot, they are skating like masters; they do not pay too much attention to the steps now: clean choctaws, turns - it goes without saying. They are using these elements as words to tell their story
Their programs are both so gorgeous. Their skating skills are sublime. Please bring it for the entire season. :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
- You have to look at her feet, all her movements come from her knees.

Oh TAT :TT1: don't ever change - I wish I could be a bit plump like Madi :rofl:

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I liked the FD at Skate America. I feel much better about it. It had my attention all the way through. I could feel the emotion they were putting into it. The concept and program may be a bit bland, but the performance quality is still shining through, so I think they’ll still be favorites for silver this year at worlds!

aftershocks

Banned Member
Madi & Zach made some wonderful changes to their R&J FD. I figured they would go back to the drawing board after debuting at International Classic this summer. Look how gorgeous the FD is now with the changes they've made. It's much more their aesthetic and vibe. Even the RD is looking smoother and more dynamic.

It goes to show that creating new programs is a process that can happen differently every season. H/D were a bit drained after the Olympics and it took awhile to decide what direction to go in. And once they did, it took awhile longer to tweak and perfect their ideas. Hub/Don are so boss! It's fun seeing their interaction with Patch in the kiss 'n cry too! :D

for this FD to work on the level their last two FDs did, it needs a total rework.

:p Madi/Zach and their coaches, M-F, Romain, and Patch kinda know what they are doing, eh. Without any help from us fans methinks... :encore: :kickass:

yurokis40

I liked the FD at Skate America. I feel much better about it. It had my attention all the way through. I could feel the emotion they were putting into it. The concept and program may be a bit bland, but the performance quality is still shining through, so I think they’ll still be favorites for silver this year at worlds!
Don't know about that they are strong technically , but that FD pales in comparison to say Gilles and Poirier's or Stepanova bukin or Weaver and Poje I even preffered the Italians fd.

Bigbird

Don't know about that they are strong technically , but that FD pales in comparison to say Gilles and Poirier's or Stepanova bukin or Weaver and Poje I even preffered the Italians fd.

Yeah. It's a matter of differing tastes. While I really like Gilles and Poirier's FD S/B's does nothing for me because Alexandra doesn't know how to use her knees. So it doesn't have the softness it needs to have at times. It just feels busy. However, their style goes over well for the RD.

VGThuy

I think the most important thing is that Zach and Madi have the technical goods to stay medal contenders and even push for higher. Whatever I thought of their FD, it's clear that they just have that skating skills and power to not be ignored and to be rewarded. It was clear their skating was the class of the field at Skate America, and I loved G/F's performances.

yurokis40

Honestly I find this material beneath there abilities, the song is so chessy and saccharine I just can't, this year's worlds won't be easy for the north americans, no CDN or US judge a lot of eastern Europeans on the panel. They really needed a can't miss fd.

Bigbird

Honestly I find this material beneath there abilities, the song is so chessy and saccharine I just can't, this year's worlds won't be easy for the north americans, no CDN or US judge a lot of eastern Europeans on the panel. They really needed a can't miss fd.

Worse than what SinKats put out in 2016? Come on, give the guys a fair shake, pretty please?

yurokis40

Like I said they are very strong technically I give them props, but Weaver and Poje and Gilles and Poirier have career defining programs this year,i just don't think romeo and Juliette will cut it at worlds.

Bigbird

Like I said they are very strong technically I give them props, but Weaver and Poje and Gilles and Poirier have career defining programs this year,i just don't think romeo and Juliette will cut it at worlds.

Nah, I am absolutely bored to tears of W/P's FD.

D

Deleted member 74551

Unless Zach falls three times I doubt come Worlds they’ll have much to worry about from W/P, who’ll have enough on their hands just trying to be Canadian #1

yurokis40

Unless Zach falls three times I doubt come Worlds they’ll have much to worry about from W/P, who’ll have enough on their hands just trying to be Canadian #1
Not so sure this year they have Shpilband, Camerlengo and Morozov all working for them, I sensed a new lightness in their skating, btw Zach is actually prone to making silly mistakes not impossible.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
@yurokis40 , can you take your prognostications and false prophecy elsewhere? Perhaps the Dance Hall thread where it would be more appropriate?

muffinplus

I enjoyed W/P's performance at Autumn Classic, but if we are calling H/D program saccharine, the song W/P skated too is quite overwrought, and the program is nothing new (they had some nice lifts though). I don't think W/P are in the same league technically as H/D to challenge them.

VGThuy

@yurokis40 , can you take your prognostications and false prophecy elsewhere? Perhaps the Dance Hall thread where it would be more appropriate?

yurokis40 always shows up in the beginning of the GP season to talk up Canadian teams and talk down on any team that can challenge the Canadian team of the season. Then it disappears when its predictions doesn't come to fruition and comes back the next season. yurokis40 dropped Weaver/Poje after the 2015-2016 season once V/M announced their come back.

laviemn

The increased power, speed, and emotion from US Classic has made a world of difference for their programs. It just shows that having their level of both skating skills and performance abilities goes a long way in overcoming an unpopular music choice. And they improved the storytelling enough that her death was not abrupt this time. I like the changes they made, though I wish they kept working on that new rotational lift instead of switching it out.

On a shallow note, I prefer this RD dress, and I love how Madison styled herself for both programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information