Canadian Ladies 2017-18 season news & updates

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Autumn Classic is this week-end and it's the season international debut for Osmond, Chartrand and Tamura (Tamura's senior international debut).

There is some conflicting info about the entries for the junior competition. Original assignments were Bulawka, McGaghey, and Dawson. (Same as this PDF: https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2017-Autumn-Classic-International-Junior-Sep-8.pdf).

But the PDF here https://skatecanada.ca/results/2017-ACI/ACI2017_JuniorLadies_SP_Entries.pdf shows Bausback (who is scheduled for JGP in Croatia the week after), Cotop, and McCaghey.

Now Dawson and Bulawka are listed as subs for future JGPs so I wonder if they have changed up some of the assignments?? Time will tell!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
At Nepela trophy - Austman triple sal < splat, triple flip << splat no combo...

honey

Great short from Kaetlyn at Autumn Classic! Combo was a little tight and she stumbled on the footwork a bit (guessing might have cost her a level?), but all around really great performance. 75.21.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Well Alaine scored 55ish after a fluke fall at the beginning of her footwork. Tamura scored 39.something after falling on the lutz and axel and had no combo. With that total score I don't know if she got the 20 TES needed for 4CC/olympics. We'll have to see when the scores are posted.

professordeb

Well Alaine scored 55ish after a fluke fall at the beginning of her footwork. Tamura scored 39.something after falling on the lutz and axel and had no combo. With that total score I don't know if she got the 20 TES needed for 4CC/olympics. We'll have to see when the scores are posted.
I checked out this link and it would seem that Tamura did indeed get over 20

honey

I hope they don't touch the costume. I want the world to see her in that jaunty neck scarf at the Olympics.

I think they did make a couple of choreographic updates, mostly noticeable in the footwork which I'm not sure came off entirely as intended. But she looked pretty damn polished for only starting to work on this program again 2 weeks ago :respec:. I loved this program the first time I saw it and continue to love it.

honey

Was happy to see Kaetlyn put all 7 triples to her feet today (6 beautifully done and 1 with a turn out). She looks very good for this point in the season. And :kickass: for getting up after that belly flop and landing the loop.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Tamura skated poorly but still managed to get the 4CC/Olympics tech minimums in both programs. Her PCS marks in the free were all in the 4s, so not very good. Chartrand was Chartrand....tons of under rotations and -GOE. Still even on her worst day she's the clear #3 at this point.

Too bad they didn't wait for the early senior internationals before assigning the Skate Canada host pick. Pineault looks more prepared for that stage than Austman does at this point. Of course we'll see how the rest of the season goes, but aside from Osmond no one is delivering.

Reactions: mag

Rafter

Tamura skated poorly but still managed to get the 4CC/Olympics tech minimums in both programs. Her PCS marks in the free were all in the 4s, so not very good. Chartrand was Chartrand....tons of under rotations and -GOE. Still even on her worst day she's the clear #3 at this point.

Too bad they didn't wait for the early senior internationals before assigning the Skate Canada host pick. Pineault looks more prepared for that stage than Austman does at this point. Of course we'll see how the rest of the season goes, but aside from Osmond no one is delivering.

PCS in the 4s?? Ouch!! Sounds like she should be back on JGP.

coppertop1

Tamura has a lot on work to do on her skating skills. Her stroking seems laboured. It seems that mabny of McLeod's students have those issues

mag

I think that SC jumped the gun. It would have made sense to wait and see how all the contenders did at their internationals (especially in the SP.) SC had made a big deal out of their requirement for a 3/3 in the short yet they continue to waive that requirement for Austman. Both her PCS and her GOE are also inflated in Canada. Why her team continues to have her do Wild Rose and BC Summer Skate instead of a competition or two in the US in the pre season is beyond me, and why SC allows it again is another mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information