California fires

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Praying for you, as well.
Thank you so much. It has rained a lot.....although that helped put out the fire, we just have to pray that it doesn't cause any mud slides. The mud slides give you no warning. Jeff Bridges, in SoCal, in the middle of the night, heard something that sounded like a train outside his bedroom. Knowing he was not near any trains, he looked out saw the mud, and wrote SOS in huge letters on a bed sheet and secured it to the roof of his house. The rescue helicopter saw it, and he (and his wife, I think) climbed up and were rescued.

Camp Fire The death toll is now at 85 with 249 missing.
The fire has scorched 153,335 acres and destroyed 13,972 residences, 528 commercial buildings and 4,293 other buildings, according to Cal Fire.

It is going to take a long time for CA to recover.............and so many people lost their homes, their keepsakes, their possessions, their cars, places of employment.........I wouldn't even know where to start.

Peaches LaTour

Bridges lives in Santa Barbara, right? So has there been a recent mudslide there or are you talking about the horrific mudslide in Santa Barbara after the Thomas fire of last year?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was in central CA, where we had almost nonstop rain for 10 days. I was thinking that the rain would help the firefighters. I was very far from the fire, but I was hoping that there would be rain where the fire was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information