Boring Facts About You

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Well, I listened to Amy. I'm afraid I don't quite have or sound like the examples of her southern accents. My accent isn't as defined as "Well, I do declare! Fiddley Diddley Dee, you all!" And my southern accent isn't anything like Paula Deen's, thank goodness!!

Several years ago, I contacted Paula Deen when she still had her show with Food Network. I told her that the way she pronounced Pecan was incorrect, and if she ever came to Louisiana and pronounced it "Pee-can", people where I lived in Louisiana would think she was referring to a "slop jar".

I also explained that if she would look up Pecan in the Merriam Webster Dictionary that she would find the correct pronunciation is "pe-CAHN". It had to do with the French pronunciation that began in the 1700's. She never did respond to the email I sent her. I had a feeling she wouldn't because she always tried to correct anyone on her show that pronounced it "pe-CAHN". She insisted that it was "pee-can".

Okay. Enough about Paula Deen because it really is boring that I actually contacted her about the correct way to pronounce Pecan! :rofl:

Simone411

The boring thing about me is that I look things up to try to settle disputes. :D

pecan vs. pecan
Oh my word!! Reading that nearly gave me a headache! :yikes:

I'll just stick with pronouncing it pe-CAHN because I really will think of a slop jar if I pronounce it pee-can! Paula Deen can say pee-can until the cow jumps over the moon, pigs grow wings and fly and hell literally freezes over! If she wishes to eat "Slop Jar" pie, that's her business! :rofl:

Sarrie

I have two daughters and two cats.
I've worked for the same company for 19yrs.
I love scented candles.
I'm a soccer mom who drives a mini van and also has one of those canvas wagon things to tow their junk around in altho mine is used more for pow wows than soccer.

skateboy

Two boring (or maybe just weird) things about me:

1) When I see address numbers on houses or businesses, I almost always quickly add up the numbers to form an individual digit (example: 1542 = 1 + 5 + 4 + 2 = 12; 1+ 2 = 3). It actually annoys me, but it's a habit I find difficult to break.

2) The shirts in my closet are arranged (from left to right) according to the ROY G. BIV "colors of the rainbow" sequence.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I've never been drunk in my life.

Is that a boring fact about me, or a fact that makes me boring?
I've rethought my boring fact. I'm now going with the fact that I don't drink. What could be more boring than that?

We can be boring all together then.

Though I will have the occasional drink - maybe once a year - I've never been drunk. I just despise not being in control of my faculties. Anaesthesia and strong painkillers are bad enough as it is, why would I do it to myself voluntarily?

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
When I'm positive, I somewhat feel familiar with odd numbers. When I'm down, I somewhat feel familiar with even numbers.

Cachoo

I can’t put 30 or 60 seconds on the microwave - it has to be 29 or 59. I like odd numbers in everything.
My clothes are hung according to colour as well, altho 80% is black.

With the microwave I'll often stop at double numbers 11, 22, 33....it is so strange.

Susan1

Two boring (or maybe just weird) things about me:

1) When I see address numbers on houses or businesses, I almost always quickly add up the numbers to form an individual digit (example: 1542 = 1 + 5 + 4 + 2 = 12; 1+ 2 = 3). It actually annoys me, but it's a habit I find difficult to break.

2) The shirts in my closet are arranged (from left to right) according to the ROY G. BIV "colors of the rainbow" sequence.
Maybe we are just neurotic? Any psych people here????

1 - I've always seen words and grouped letters to make them even. I've never told anybody this. Just off the top of my head - constitution. I look at it and think con sti tut ion. If it's a word that doesn't come out even, I'll add an "s" so it does. Or two words that don't come out even, I'll add the space so it does. I'll even do it when I am driving - street or store name. What is that?

2 - I've always done everything grouped by colors of the rainbow. (Crayons, markers, post-its. I went around one time and traded manila folders for someone's different colored folder so I could put them in one of those stacked folder racks in order plus tan and black.) My tops are just grouped by color because I don't wear anything green or yellow. If a t-shirt has blue and black, it goes at one end of the blue next to the end of the black. Solids together, prints together. I used to put the pool balls in the rack by rainbow colors, each solid and stripe together. People at other tables would smile.

ETA - Swear on a stack of bibles, I just walked away thinking the number thing is a compulsion and thought com pul sion - 3,3 and 4 = 10, so compu lsion. Swear to God!

gkelly

With the microwave I'll often stop at double numbers 11, 22, 33....it is so strange.

I do this so I don't have to move my fingers to different keys on the microwave keypad if I can help it. E.g., if I want to zap something for 1 minute I'll key 1:11, for 4-5 minutes I'll key 4:44, etc.

When that method doesn't produce an appropriate number of seconds, I'll use keys in a straight line on the keypad. E.g., 1:23 or 1:47, or 1:59 if I want approximately 2 minutes but think 2:22 would be too much.

Simone411

Over for me.

I won't go to my mailbox on any Friday the 13th. Before there were physical addresses in my town, the addresses were based on rural routes.

My address used to be Route 4, Box 13X. My address was changed to a physical address when we finally had 911. I even worked for E-911 as an EMD from 2005 to 2010.

In 2009, there were actually two months that had Friday the 13th. On Friday, February 13th 2009, I was at home. I somehow managed to trip over my rowing machine. When I tripped, the left side of my face close to my temple landed into the wall. My face first hit a 3 foot ceramic Indian statue busting it up, and then I landed into the wall.

Nothing was broken like my jaw, but it looked like someone had beaten the crap out of me. I had a black eye, dark purplish bruises close to my temple and on my cheek.

On Friday, March 13th 2009, the tip of a tornado snapped a giant pine tree in two causing the top half to land on my metal utility building. I was just thankful that it wasn't my giant oak tree landing on my home.

Because of this, I refuse to even check my mail especially with the history of my address being Route 4 Box 13X.

Is there anyone else here that dreads Friday the 13th like I do?

gkelly

In 2009, there were actually two months that had Friday the 13th.

Actually, there were three. In years when February 13 and March 13 fall on Fridays, so does November 13. I hope that one was uneventful for you.

Or in Leap Years, like this year, it can be March and November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information