Big Brother (US) Season 20!

love skating

Clueless American
I'm so pleased to see level 6 is crumbling, I actually liked Rachel the most of the level 6 bunch but now she's gone crazy on the block and may find herself out before jury. I might like Kaycee if she wasn't such a Tyler minion. Anyway, all the "alliances" are sorta in a reshuffling mode. I just would like to see Tyler exposed for once, and JC too. Maybe if they were on the block together they could expose each other. At any rate, still finding this season quite enjoyable.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Rachel was my favorite up until Friday when she went off the rails. The girl has talked herself onto the block and now possibly out the door by her own alliance members (and I don't blame them because her mouth is a liability). If she had just chilled out Level 6 may have been able to escape this week without losing a member. They could've easily thrown JC under the bus with all the information they know about his votes, and he would've been the #1 target.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I know it’s always been similar but the scheduling is pretty awful. Sunday episode only covers what happens in the span of the end of Thursday night after eviction/HOH and then early Friday morning. The Wednesday episode covers post-nominations Friday, the POV comp Saturday, and then the POV meeting mid-day Sunday. That means the live Thursday episode, which should cover when all the real scheming would/should really begin, has to fit mid-Sunday up until Thursday eviction in the span of about 20 minutes of airtime, if that.

Since in this day and age most people choose to watch feeds or follow what’s going on aside from the broadcasts, I really wouldn’t mind seeing nominations and POV being aired in one episode, or at least in a episode and a half rather than dragging it so long. Almost everyone knows what’s going to happen on the Wednesday episode, anyways. I realize when noms/POV aren’t happening that there are days of virtually nothing, but this year the group seems to be scheming all the time. And we don’t get to see most of it.

Last edited:

tony

So after seeing the episode tonight, I'm loving that JC knew very well that the blame would be all over the place for the mystery vote, but as far as I can tell, the guilt was never suggested to be on him. Tyler, yes. Then Scotty, yes. Then Rachel. Then back to Scotty. And it would have been amazing if JC's move ended up being Tyler's (who I think is getting through the game the best) demise, but he once again got out of it. But it really is amazing that someone on Bayleigh's own 'side' is really seeming to get the blame.

Bayleigh's about 90% there in playing the game. I want to like her now, and she makes some great points and is aggressive, but then says something that shuts her back down and makes me annoyed. Anyways, I would've kept quiet about the power app, saw how this week went and maybe even next week, and then really scoped out who was playing both sides or not staying true to what they told her.

TanithandBenFan

I was fine with Bayleigh until she got major HOH-itis this week, and now I can't listen to her speak anymore. She just loves to hear herself talk and demand that everyone bow down to her, don't question her, and pledge their undying loyalty. :rolleyes: She talks so much that she spills way too much information to people she shouldn't be spilling to.

Fessy is really dumb as rocks (and a pig of a man, but that's a discussion for another day). I hope he gets screwed over by his loyalty to JC at some point, and he learns that JC has been playing him all along.

smurfy

Luv JC's vote that is causing drama. The fallout is hilarious.
JC is moving up in my mind. So far he and Tyler are playing. Some of the others??

Bayleigh is getting so annoying. Based on last nights episode ( the HOH conversations) and the controversial one with JC - she is not a good listener. She has to keep restating her point of view without acknowledging what the other person has said.

Fessy sure is playing with lots of the girls.

Tony - I so agree with the scheduling. They should have Sunday episode on Sat,
Then Wed episode on Sunday. And then another episode on Wed pm.
Or at least - Thurs episode should be 30 minutes longer.

I am spending less time than other seasons reading stuff online. I am not sure if it is the season or am I getting a little bored in general with the show. It is always the same dumb junior high stuff.

tony

JC is stirring up some more hilarious drama, but I think he really needs to be worried about Bayleigh coming back next week and using her power to renominate, where he could be the target.

And I really can’t stand Bayleigh now, for all the reasons already mentioned. She’s constantly whiny and makes all these dirty faces at anyone when it comes to anything regarding the game and how it doesn’t benefit her. She’s also told at least half of the houseguests at this point that ‘I will literally kill you’ if they don’t do what she wants. I think she’s in for a tough awakening a la Raven last season.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Was that the most awkward exit interview ever? Didn’t make Rachel look good at all, I bet she’ll regret it once she summers down and watches the tape of her storming off and her interview with Julie.

TanithandBenFan

Was that the most awkward exit interview ever? Didn’t make Rachel look good at all, I bet she’ll regret it once she summers down and watches the tape of her storming off and her interview with Julie.

I thought she handled it the best she could considering she was just blindsided by the people who supposedly had her back. She had a right to be angry. I felt so bad for her when she saw Angela's goodbye message. There was no reason for Angela (who is a stone cold beyotch) to make it personal. I think Rachel gained even more fans last night.

I continue to live for Fessy's confused face after every eviction. :rofl:

Catherine M

Angela is just :eek:

As I just can't get over how stone cold mean she is. I think she thought she'd be the only beautiful girl in the house and when she got there, she couldn't stand that there were others just as beautiful.

No idea how this week will go with Grodner's twist but wouldn't be surprised to see one of Bayleigh, Scottie or Fessy go.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Angela is just :eek:

As I just can't get over how stone cold mean she is. I think she thought she'd be the only beautiful girl in the house and when she got there, she couldn't stand that there were others just as beautiful.

No idea how this week will go with Grodner's twist but wouldn't be surprised to see one of Bayleigh, Scottie or Fessy go.

Angela's message to Rachel was just horrible. Wow.

I roll my eyes every time Bayleigh is on the screen. She's insufferable. And enough with the "literally."

tony

I understand why Angela was mad at Rachel, but it really was for the wrong reason/because Rachel WAS telling the truth based on the information that she got. Tyler tried to plant the seed of asking whether Angela would be next to go up if the veto was used, Bayleigh said yes, and then Bayleigh either misinterpreted or stirred the pot by telling Rachel that Tyler was the one who suggested it. And then of course Angela didn’t believe it because Rachel was being hysterical by that point.

Bayleigh reacted really well. I thought she’d be freaking out and yelling at everyone, but it’s possible since her power was revealed to the whole house that she’s thinking she will just use it this week on the two people most likely to have screwed her over. Tyler is already trying to suggest he didn’t flip his vote from what I read following the show last night, but there’s almost no way to lie and get away with it at this point. Good thing he still has his own power.

I don’t know how I feel about the new Twist. I have a feeling it was not planned and the powers that be are really trying to protect someone— probably Tyler. They already know who the fan favorites are and since Sam really tanked in her HOH week, it leaves Tyler alone at the top. But I’ll be interested to know if the people who won a power app can also win this new thing.

Anyways, this has to be right up there as one of the most exciting pre-jury seasons ever.

ETA- I guess Bayleigh did think Rockstar flipped her vote and snapped at her. The girl is crazy and has no understanding of the game, and Tyler is a genius somehow.

smurfy

I watched online on Facebook - Off the Block - show with Marissa Jaret Winkour (sorry if I got her name wrong) and Ross the Intern. It is on Fridays and has the evicted house guest.
Ross was on vacation and there was Frankie Grande. He did not annoy me as much as I thought.
Ross and Marissa are funny together, but I can never watch the whole half hour.
It was good to see Rachel. She seems to get it. They showed her a clip of Bay telling Rachel of her app, then Rachel telling - was it Angela - and then Tyler being told. Just too funny.
I think Rachel is really hurt by Angela - she thought she was her final 2.
She seems nice. Angela is a piece of work.
Marissa and Frankie are enjoying what Brett does. He is not nice, but love the fallout.

Rockstar and Scottie are nom. The smart thing would be to backdoor Bay and get rid of her power.
Tyler is cruising along quite well.

TanithandBenFan

The new Hacker twist just resulted in Scottie coming off the block and Tyler going up. :eek: The Hacker has the power to change one nom, pick a veto player AND cancel one vote. That is entirely too much power for one person. Why do they feel the need to throw these twists in when it was already such an entertaining season.

tony

The new Hacker twist just resulted in Scottie coming off the block and Tyler going up. :eek: The Hacker has the power to change one nom, pick a veto player AND cancel one vote. That is entirely too much power for one person. Why do they feel the need to throw these twists in when it was already such an entertaining season.

Yeah. That’s a ton of power and I don’t get why it seems like it was thrown in late when it wasn’t needed. Last year maybe, but not this year.

Reports are that Hayleigh is the one who got it. Tyler has his own power to not be evicted up until the top 8 vote, right? Now he can test everyone and see where allegiances are if he remains on the block after veto.

At least whoever won it is on to Tyler and now he’s really going to have to rethink his strategy and commit to a side/make his side clear.

TanithandBenFan

Yeah. That’s a ton of power and I don’t get why it seems like it was thrown in late when it wasn’t needed. Last year maybe, but not this year.

Reports are that Hayleigh is the one who got it. Tyler has his own power to not be evicted up until the top 8 vote, right? Now he can test everyone and see where allegiances are if he remains on the block after veto.

At least whoever won it is on to Tyler and now he’s really going to have to rethink his strategy and commit to a side/make his side clear.

Tyler's cloud power could be used prior to the regular nomination ceremony or the veto ceremony to keep himself off the block, but I don't think he was able to use it before this new twist nomination. He can't use it once he's nominated.

tony

Tyler's cloud power could be used prior to the regular nomination ceremony or the veto ceremony to keep himself off the block, but I don't think he was able to use it before this new twist nomination. He can't use it once he's nominated.

Wow. So many twists and intricacies. This really may backfire on him!

Catherine M

Grodner got all cute with this hacker twist and its blowing up in her face as her beloved Tyler is now up and couldn't use his power to save himself. So she's probably scrambling to come up with a veto that only he can win.

tony

Bayleigh now has to be one of my least favorite players of this game to ever be in the house. She is not a nice person and everything has to be about her. She doesn't understand that part of the game is to try and backstab and lie to people and she just blows up every single time and even after her HOH was over, she's still trying to boss people around.

JC continues to play right in the middle and he straight-up knows that Fessy is an awful game player so he's pulling him along which I think is hilarious. I think we are building up to a Tyler vs. JC showdown.

What I don't understand is how at this point Bayleigh, Rockstar, Hayleigh, and Fessy can't see where the lines are drawn. The four hang out and scheme all the time, speak about the 'other side' without really figuring out that many of them were together from the beginning, and then they are somehow shocked when the votes go down opposing them. They first are trying to push Scotty out and now Rockstar was getting accused of changing her vote by Bayleigh. It's not that difficult, figure out that your group is your group and everyone else is against you.

Other thought from so far tonight: maybe it's a really good thing that Angela didn't get ANY airtime this season before last week. Her popularity rating is going to tank after tonight.

Hayleigh's delayed reaction to her replacement nominee was golden!

Last edited:

love skating

Clueless American
Every year for some reason I latch onto the underdogs and they end up not making it. Not sure if I just have lousy taste in BB people or if I root for them once they are on the losing side of things and the odds are against them. This year so far I'm rooting for Haleigh and Scottie - sadly things aren't looking good for them. As for level 4 -I wish I could like them but I detest Angela and Brett. Kaycee and Tyler are at least bearable. Sam was likeable but then she had to say things like "guys can't help themselves" AND she would rather craft something then play the game. "Just let me know which way to vote Tyler" is her playing the game...sigh. JC is hilarious but also incredibly disrespectful to both the other houseguests and to production. I do find his game fascinating and wonder if at some point it will be a JC vs Tyler standoff. Will be interesting to see how things play out at the end.

TanithandBenFan

I'm so glad I work at home on Mondays so I can have the live feeds up tomorrow. The post-veto ceremony action is going to be INSANE. It will be so sweet to see Bayleigh realize that she is not the queen and she must grovel to everyone to keep her in the house.

I usually root for the underdogs too, but I love Tyler's gameplay, and other than the way they treated Rachel, I enjoy how Level 6 work together. They trust each other, have calm strategic meetings, and each member plays a role. Foutte/The Hive are so clueless and so quick to turn on each other that I could never get on board with them. Also, I don't care for the personalities of most of their members. I'm glad Scottie has jumped ship from them.

jamesy

delightful
It’s hard for me to consider FOUTTE as any kind of underdog. They’ve won a lot of comps and picked up a lot of power but they are just too clueless to use it effectively.

love skating

Clueless American
True, that side had its chances. The main problem with Foutte was Kaitlyn flipped week one and two, so they were sunk from the getgo. I liked Bay until her HoH. I won't be too upset to see her go, but I dread the level 4 gloating. On a side note, I enjoyed the hacker comp. Really interesting to see them compete at the same time in isolation... something different for a change.

Catherine M

Other thought from so far tonight: maybe it's a really good thing that Angela didn't get ANY airtime this season before last week. Her popularity rating is going to tank after tonight.

I just binged watched MTV's "Ex on the Beach" over the weekend and the Angela on that show was soooooooo crazy so at least this Angela isn't running around screaming at people.

It will be interesting to see what she says at the veto ceremony as Bayleigh's blind side is going to be epic. Like someone said on Previously TV, too bad Swaggy C can't talk his fake in laws in hiring a plane and skywriting "You in danger, girl".

One more thing I wanted to add. Thursday starts the NFL preseason (there are 13 games on the schedule) so check your local CBS listing to see if you will be getting Big Brother live or if it is being moved to a sister station or delayed to like 2am in the morning. Here in New Orleans, the Saints games are on the local FOX station but in Baton Rouge the games are on CBS.

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Like someone said on Previously TV, too bad Swaggy C can't talk his fake in laws in hiring a plane and skywriting "You in danger, girl".

He's too busy defending her terroristic behavior on twitter. As annoying as Swaggy is, I feel so bad for him or anyone who ends up with Bayleigh. She is a holy terror. I find her completely disgusting to watch and I hope she self-evicts because nobody there deserves her. The way she was coming at Rockstar was so detestable, and the acidity of the full conversation wasn't nearly captured by the show. She also makes Haleigh meaner in re: Fessy.

As for Angela, her popularity in the polls is steadily rising. She is handling this HOH magnificently.

TanithandBenFan

Baby Swayleigh watch is still on, which could be an interesting twist if Bayleigh finds out she's pregnant while in the jury house. Would they keep her in sequester? What happens if she wants to leave? I thought the scare was over because I hadn't heard her talk about it with Haleigh recently, but Haleigh brought it up again yesterday.

tony

Baby Swayleigh watch is still on, which could be an interesting twist if Bayleigh finds out she's pregnant while in the jury house. Would they keep her in sequester? What happens if she wants to leave? I thought the scare was over because I hadn't heard her talk about it with Haleigh recently, but Haleigh brought it up again yesterday.

Didn’t even know this was a thing. How hilarious. There really is a little bit of everything happening this year. One of the best seasons since 10, I think. Now only if they would invite Renny and her cackling back.

Also didn’t know Angela was on another show before this. I suppose her popularity will go up seeing how absolutely no one likes Bayleigh at this point.

smurfy

This season is getting good.
Hayleigh - I love what she did with her Hacking Nom. If they ever find out it was her - she avoided putting a target on herself by Level 4. And helps confirm that Scottie is the suspected Hacker. And she is figuring out Tyler and the threat he is. Are they doing the Hacker again? If so, it would be hilarious if Scottie won, and everyone thought he wasn't as he won last time. The twists this year are having some awesome results.

Angela won veto. Sounds like her backdoor plan for Bayleigh is going to happen. So will she take down Tyler or Rockstar?? If RS- she should make a deal - I will only take you off the block if you vote for Bay.
Tyler more likely would vote out Bay. I just hope Bay is gone - she is so full of herself and deserves a good blindside.
I had read on jokers about the Swayleigh baby a few weeks ago.

What I love about this seasons blindsides are the reactions by the remaining folks. - especially Fotte. For a group that has won some comps, they have not controlled things well.
Sam - just does not get his game. But since she is a lone wolf, she is not anyone's target yet. Her plan for giving the Hacker to her - she may have truly meant it.
Kaycee - seems well liked and not on anyone's radar.

tony

Kaycee is hiding behind Tyler’s dirty work and she’s aware of everything he is doing. But now that Hayleigh is on to Tyler (and I’m sure others are gonna start putting it together as well), she might have to start playing the game a bit more.

Sam and JC have each other and Sam has Tyler/Kaycee while JC has Fessi in little sub-alliances. We don’t ever see much of it on TV but I suspect Sam and JC have some kind of agreement of understanding to help each other out. When Sam said JC was her best friend in the house, it seemed out of place because we don’t see much of them interacting besides when she was a robot way back when.

tony

Bayleigh is now complaining that her reputation is going to be ruined because of the show and because of all of the drama and yesterday she said she can't wait to get away from all of the 'crazy white people'. She also started to tell Sam that the reason the producers casted her is because they wanted to fill the 'sassy and aggressive black girl' narrative but the feeds cut out as she was saying it.

The girl is so clueless about herself. I'm sure she's seen several previous seasons. She knows you aren't likely to get far in the game unless you are doing some scheming behind the scenes. And when the cards are stacked against you, you have to adjust or come up with your own plan (unless you're the female cast of season 10- then you just scream at each other immediately). She's wanted everything to go her way from the beginning and she IS overly aggressive and demanding in getting all of her points across.

And come on girl. One of the first things you said in your intro was that you didn't understand how you won Miss Congeniality because you didn't like anyone else (or something along those lines). She knows who she is and she thought it was going to work for her. Now that it's blown up in her face and she knows her game is over, she's taking it out on everyone else as if they caused her to be this way.

ETA- I hope CBS realizes now that no one is going to care about the Bayleigh and Swaggy showmance. They are clearly the two most disliked people of the season and they don't need to be on any further seasons/The Amazing Race/whatever else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information