Best ladies' costumes this season

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! šŸ˜
1. ALL things Carolina Kostner (minus hideous lime green thingamabob) dont even get me started on the crotch horrible fit

2. Alexa Knierim Free Program (GORG)

3. Kaetlyn SP

4. Savchenko Free Program

5. Kaetlyn Free Program

6. Ashley Wagner, LLL

7. Loena Hendrickxs, Madonna- Frozen

8. Madi Chock, Olympic version Short Dance

Last edited:

Orm Irian

The amazing headband of Aiza Mambekova.

And the outfit that went with it. Actually, both her outfits were really striking.

I did like Mirai Nagasu's SP costume, and also Laurine Lecavelier's cowl-draped costume for her Summer of 1942 SP. The soft pink really suited her. And the first, non-blingy version of her Marilyn frock for the ill-fated FS was actually really nice and helped to take the edge off the program in a way - it was surprisingly innocent for a look based on the infamous Seven Year Itch dress.

Mad for Skating

Some great variety here! I love it!

I'm wondering why people seem to be so against Zagitova's tutus. I found them very becoming and suitable for the music chosen.

I didn't have a problem with the red one - it was on my list of favorites this year. The black and white one was okay too, but if you're gonna do a Swan Lake tutu, you can't compete with Elena Ilinykh's from Sochi.

aml78

Ashley Wagnerā€™s Nationals SP and LP dresses were beautiful.

I love Kaetlyns SP dress because it really pulls together the character and therefore the whole program.

Sotskovaā€™s dress was also a thing of beauty and the simplicity of Alexa Ks Olympic LP dress was nice as well.

Bellanca

A grand slam for the ladies in red: Alina, Mirai, and Gabby. Unique red dresses that compliment and flatter their features and dark hair.

Maria Sotskova wins gold for her silver ensemble. Beautiful.

Satoko, (always) pretty in pink.

Carolina and Kaetlyn - because both women could wear a burlap bag and make it work.

Japanfan

The first one that comes to my mind is Ivett Toth's AC/DC costume. Outside of a skating competition it would look rather basic, but surrounded by soooooooo many pretty little dresses with pretty beading and stuff it just looks refreshing.

ITA. And the program itself was so refreshing given in comparison to the types of programs that ladies commonly do.

DreamSkates

I'm wondering why people seem to be so against Zagitova's tutus. I found them very becoming and suitable for the music chosen.
She certainly stood out in the crowd of other dresses. I didn't get why she had 2 of the basically same thing in different colors. I guess it was to...stand out in the crowd.

Mad for Skating

Wonderful choice of photos.

I loved seeing Medvedeva's FS dress juxtaposed with Keira Knightley as Anna Karenina.

I always love when skaters do a good job copying costumes from the movies. Evgenia really did a great job of pulling off the look and converting the dress into something suitable for skating.

Bobrova and Soloviev also did a great job copying Anna Karenina costumes when they skated to it back in the 2015-16 season (she went with the red dress from the movie).

kwanatic

I always love when skaters do a good job copying costumes from the movies. Evgenia really did a great job of pulling off the look and converting the dress into something suitable for skating.

Bobrova and Soloviev also did a great job copying Anna Karenina costumes when they skated to it back in the 2015-16 season (she went with the red dress from the movie).

I think Ashley Wagner takes the cake with her Satine dress from 2016.:love:

kwanatic

I am not a huge fan of that dress or the previous red one. I did like the look of the new one she wore at SA last fall.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ashl...#imgdii=Z2IRuJWiCWnrEM:&imgrc=yL0SpEjO-OtrPM:

That one was pretty but I'd put it 2nd behind the white one, with the red one coming in last.

I guess I liked the white one b/c the details on the front were so pretty (and similar to the dress from the movie) plus her hair actually matched the dress.:lol: Those little red accents on the dress complemented her hair quite nicely ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information