Bachelorette Season 14---or Becca's Revenge tour

Catherine M

I'm actually pretty excited about Becca's season of the Bachelorette to begin next Monday as it looks like Fleiss did a great job of casting wrong reason guys sprinkled in with a couple of JP Rosenbaum types ie guys with real jobs:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelo...orette-2018-cast-revealed-becca-kufrin-season

Hopefully it will be a fun season with lots of man tears, poor fashion choices and great auditions for season 5 of Paradise.

And speaking of Paradise, after THREE years, Jared finally gave in and he and Ashley I are now officially a couple:

https://people.com/tv/bachelor-ashley-iaconetti-jared-haibon-dating/

I'm not going to lie, I went "awww" when I saw the news pop up on my Twitter feed. Now I'll go hang my head in shame.

Winnipeg

Does anyone know if the bachelors are screened financially before they go on the show?

Catherine M

Does anyone know if the bachelors are screened financially before they go on the show?

Fleiss could care less if you have money in a bank; he's looking for trainwrecks that will make for good TV. Well he does allow a couple of "good" guys through just to give the Bachelorette a chance of following Trista/Ryan Ashley/JP, and Des/Chris to the altar.

Catherine M

ABC has a problem with the front runner Garrett being a sexist bigot:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...7d9e4b0fdb2aa5342b6?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

I knew about the instagram likes before Huffington post broke the story so I watched last night with a frown every time he was on screen.

But I'll continue to watch as Jordan's narration should be a hoot, Colton looks like he has big head syndrome and a shit ton of them are there for the wrong reasons.

And Fleiss better give grocery store Joe a ticket to paradise

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I was not happy when Joe the grocer got sent home lol -he was adorable and dorky! Plus, I mean, hello- food! He couldn't get a rose but chicken suit and Pensive Gentleman did.

just tuned in

I was not happy when Joe the grocer got sent home lol -he was adorable and dorky! Plus, I mean, hello- food! He couldn't get a rose but chicken suit and Pensive Gentleman did.
I liked chicken suit. Joe da Grocer was a nice guy. In the TH when he was kicking himself for talking about watermelons I thought of Baby from Dirty Dancing: "I carried a watermelon?"

Catherine M

Chris Harrison was singing Grocer Joe's praises last night on twitter so it looks like he's getting a ticket to Paradise, which starts filming this weekend.

Hopefully one of Arie's girls was paying attention to the love and will couple up with him on night one so we get to see more of him.

Rob

Beach Bum
Garrett has the smarmy Jake Pavelka thing going on. Ick.
Isn’t Colton the guy who dated Aly Raisman? Red carpeter.
I liked Joe Gro too. Too bad.
The pensive model is so producer pick. Double ick.
I think I like Clay.
All that Cologne would drive me nuts.
Yay she kept the guy with the eyes! Christen.

TheGirlCanSkate

So many dumb quotes...the last has us in giggles: Next thing you know.... the pot is singing and it's time to pour some tea. -Jordan

Reactions: Rob

Winnipeg

Fleiss could care less if you have money in a bank; he's looking for trainwrecks that will make for good TV. Well he does allow a couple of "good" guys through just to give the Bachelorette a chance of following Trista/Ryan Ashley/JP, and Des/Chris to the altar.

Then why would anyone put themselves through that risking getting a real loser?

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg

The losers always have to reveal themselves, its in their contract. No real risk of winding up with the designated losers. The only problem is if a designated "quality" guy ends up with some hidden skeletons, but then that's possible in real life too.

Catherine M

Cause many of them feel like the odds are FOR them in not getting a loser; just look at the last 7 Bachelorettes:

Ashley--married to JP, her final 1 with 2 kids
Emily--did pick a loser
Des--Married to Chris, her final 1 with a 1 kid
Andi--did pick a loser
Kaitlyn--been with Shawn, her final 1 for 3 years now
JoJo--been with Jordan, her final 1 for 2 years
Rachel--been with Bryan, her final 1 for a year now

And if you do end of picking a loser, your Instragram account followers will keep you rich (Emily) or you just write a tell all book (Andi).

Winnipeg

:cool:

I can see why the grocery owner was ditched although he seems nice.

But,,,,,,,the chicken guy?? Really!? :rofl::yikes:

The model sure seems egotistical. :rolleyes::drama::drama::drama:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Was this on last night? The tv was on at my house but the sound was off and it seemed like it was showing this particular show. A guy won some sort of wedding themed challenge and then another dude threw his picture from the challenge out the window?

Anyway, I liked that dude. He seemed cute and sincere.

Catherine M

Anyway, I liked that dude. He seemed cute and sincere.

Which one, the winner or the one that did the picture throwing? If its the winner, Lincoln, :yikes:as just google "Lincoln bachelorette bathroom habits" and see what comes up.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
It was the winner. He was so enthusiastic about that competition and crushed when that other dude threw out his picture.

I can deal without learning about his bathroom habits. I don't have to marry him so they are irrelevant to me. :lol:

just tuned in

Maybe it's better to watch with the sound off then. :lol:
If you watch with the sound off you will miss some great editing choices, like when the guys jumped down off the crisco stairway onto the black puffy mats, it was accompanied with sound effects from The Bionic Man.

Catherine M

So did anyone watch last night?

Sorry that Clay decided to leave but he's at the end of his NFL career so if he wants another shot at making a team, he needs to be healthy. I see from twitter he is well and looking for a team to sign with. Guess we won't be seeing him in Paradise though.

Chicken David wanted to make sure he got lots of airtime so I guess that's why his feud with Jordan is going strong. Jason and Wills trying not to laugh on the group date was the best thing about this episode. That and me learning a new word: professionalism or whatever Jordan was claiming about his modeling career. Sorry David busted his face so badly. He's lucky that he's going to be able to come back.

The whole Tia/Colton timeline is very confusing and now she's insisting that it was her that contacted Colton first via DM on Instagram. That's not what her BFF Raven has been yakking about online the past few weeks, claiming that it was Colton that contacted Tia when he thought she would be the next bachelorette. Whatever. rest of my thoughts in spoiler tag:

the fact that Tia comes back at final 4 rose ceremony to profess to Becca that her feelings for Colton are still there shows to me that Tia is still pissed that she didn't get the bachlorette gig and was going to make sure she was part of the story board this season. So goodbye Colton and hello Mexico as right now Tia & Colton are reading from their Fleiss approved script for their love story to continue with a big ole Neal Lane sparkler in a few weeks.

edited to add I still dislike Garrett. A lot.

Catherine M

MY DVR did not pick it up! What gives?

Kristen Baldwin of EW does a pretty good recap if you want to read about what you missed:

https://ew.com/recap/the-bachelorette-season-14-episode-3/

Basically it was David vs Jordan, setting up for a 2 on 1 date later in the season, David falling off the top bunk bed and having to be rushed to the hospital (he had a severe concussion along with a broken nose) which caused Jordan much happiness, and sweet NFL'er Clay breaking his wrist on the football date and self evicting. Oh she went on a one on one date with Chris and neither knew who Richard Marxx was and that made me feel old.

just tuned in

The one-on-one dates are terrible so far: (1) the nightmarish specter of Becca's ex and accoutrements, and (2) being serenaded by a has been, and then having to write love poetry to someone you've recently met-- and being judged on your ability to do that. Two horrible dates.

The best things about this episode were Jason and Wills trying not to crack up, and the shiva trays that Becca brought in for her besties. The most ridiculous thing was Jordan and his nail polish. I think he still had it on while he was installing the guard rail. Not to give too much credit, though, I am sure production did 99% of that.

Rob

Beach Bum
I watched it on the ABC app.
Jordan’s “ professionality is my face” tirade was priceless, then “we all know chickens can’t fly.” Lol!
Alas, I wish Clay had lasted longer so he could be the Bachelor. I think he was my fave.

Tinami Amori

I am not watching Bachelorette anymore (too much PC and social engineering lately), but my friend does, and she follows each contestant on social media.. My friend believes that Adim Lincoln (based on his social media fotos) was/is in a relationship with the same woman (from 2014 to at least the taping of the show).... here is one foto.
https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/28/89/98/211.jpg

:D and now some Nigerian women immigrants are laughing on social media, saying "stupid white chicks, we told you about Nigerian men long time ago, they put down women, cheat, lie, sleep with you and never marry, and get violent"...... :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysF7qgKFAM4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6bNSVW1oM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG7179jBgYc

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information