Australian skating news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Also, there's no nationwide curriculum as primary and secondary education is run by the individual states, so even if it existed in one state it might not in another.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Link to the "Harley & Katia documentary" GSD thread:

ISA has announced their 2023 4CC and Junior Worlds teams (document is linked from the High Performance page under "International Nominations, Assignments and Rankings"): https://www.isa.org.au/_files/ugd/b5945d_86642aa670e745e3a078591d9a57ef6d.pdf

4 Continents Team
Women
Victoria Alcantara
Vlada Vasiliev

Men
Darian Kaptich

Pairs
Anastasia Golubeva/Hektor Giotopoulos Moore

Dance
Holly Harris/Jason Chan
India Nette/Eron Westwood

Jr Worlds 2023
Women
Vlada Vasiliev
(Sub: Sienna Kaczmarczyk)
Pairs

Listed on the 2022-2023 International Assignments spreadsheet:

World University Games (Jan 13-15, 2023, Lake Placid NY):
Woman: Romy Grogan
Man: Callum Bradshaw
So, no Chernyshova/Windsor. :(

Orm Irian

Is it part of a universal curriculum in Australia where students are taught budgeting, banking, what interest is, contract basics, and other financial information that people need if they're on their own and is helpful even if they're not? I don't think that many young people know these things, unless they were taught financial literacy by someone they know or through a local, special program.
A certain (small) amount of financial literacy used to be taught, but it was done by predatory banks in order to hook kids as customers young and set them up to start using credit cards the instant they were eligible, and they've lately been kicked out of schools. What will replace them is yet to be decided on - whether by individual schools or by state and territory Departments of Education.

aussieSKATES

Link to the "Harley & Katia documentary" GSD thread:

ISA has announced their 2023 4CC and Junior Worlds teams (document is linked from the High Performance page under "International Nominations, Assignments and Rankings"): https://www.isa.org.au/_files/ugd/b5945d_86642aa670e745e3a078591d9a57ef6d.pdf

4 Continents Team
Women
Victoria Alcantara
Vlada Vasiliev

Men
Darian Kaptich

Pairs

Dance
Holly Harris/Jason Chan
India Nette/Eron Westwood

Jr Worlds 2023
Women
Vlada Vasiliev
(Sub: Sienna Kaczmarczyk)
Pairs

Listed on the 2022-2023 International Assignments spreadsheet:

World University Games (Jan 13-15, 2023, Lake Placid NY):
Woman: Romy Grogan
Man: Callum Bradshaw
We were wondering which skaters and teams would be representing New Zealand at the same events?
We're guessing that Jocelyn Hong, Douglas Gerber, and Charlotte Lafond-Fournier / Richard Kang In Kam will go to Four Continents, and Dwayne Li will be selected for Junior Worlds.

Karen-W

We were wondering which skaters and teams would be representing New Zealand at the same events?
We're guessing that Jocelyn Hong, Douglas Gerber, and Charlotte Lafond-Fournier / Richard Kang In Kam will go to Four Continents, and Dwayne Li will be selected for Junior Worlds.
The three you named for 4CCs are the only ones with the TES mins, so that's my guess too.

Hedwig

Antique member
Just watched it. No reason given „it wasn’t meant to be“ and that he wants to go on skating so anyone looking for a pairs partner send him a DM.
What about Minerva Haase?

Karen-W

Just watched it. No reason given „it wasn’t meant to be“ and that he wants to go on skating so anyone looking for a pairs partner send him a DM.
What about Minerva Haase?
She's rumored to be partnered with Nikita Volodin, I believe.

I'm sure there are plenty of talented pairs women who would appreciate the opportunity to partner with and experienced male pairs skater like Harley.

Dobre

I'm sure there are plenty of talented pairs women who would appreciate the opportunity to partner with and experienced male pairs skater like Harley.
Not so easy right now, as Bidar demonstrated when he went to Canada.

Elite pairs has lost a number of talented ladies that were climbing the pairs ranks in various countries (Canada & the U.S. not excepted). Seems like there are more guys with experience floating around the international ranks right now than experienced ladies.

Of course, a lot of teams are at a very developmental stage right now.

ice crystal

Not so easy right now, as Bidar demonstrated when he went to Canada.

Elite pairs has lost a number of talented ladies that were climbing the pairs ranks in various countries (Canada & the U.S. not excepted). Seems like there are more guys with experience floating around the international ranks right now than experienced ladies.

Of course, a lot of teams are at a very developmental stage right now.
Bidar is 1.76m. That would limit his options significantly. Being almost 10cm taller, Harley will hopefully be fine. :)

sus2850

I was a bit worried by the pre-anouncement where Harley wrote something about presenting arguments, did someone catch that as his story?

Trillian

Considering Harley’s idolisation of Andrew Tate (re his twitter) and the fact that he defended Aljona teaming up with TJ Nyman…yeah I’m gonna hope another woman doesn’t partner him to be honest.

Edit: Actually, never mind.

I will just concur that I think a huge Andrew Tate fan is unlikely to have a strong basis for developing a healthy relationship with a skating partner.

Last edited:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Well, Harley is clearly looking for another partner.

Him being a fan of Andrew Tate makes me sick to my stomach though.
Considering Harley’s idolisation of Andrew Tate (re his twitter) and the fact that he defended Aljona teaming up with TJ Nyman…yeah I’m gonna hope another woman doesn’t partner him to be honest.
A little bit off topic here.

I had no idea who Andrew Tate was, until I Googled this Twitter smackdown he received from Greta Thunberg. Just when I thought I couldn't love her more, her reply to his nonsense behaviour was brilliant.

greenapple

I also had to google this person (Tate) and was shocked. Hope he and his brother are jailed if they really did what they are accused of.
I saw a news story earlier today that he and his brother are going to be living in a Romanian jail for the next 30 days while the police continue their investigation.

I think Windsor will have a very hard time finding a new partner. News travels fast in skating circles.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I was a bit worried by the pre-anouncement where Harley wrote something about presenting arguments, did someone catch that as his story?
Yes, I shared said story with a few other members of FSU when he first posted. Certainly sounded like there was some big news/drama he had, and seemed eager to share. And then it was just a simple break up post.

ninjapirate

He should try show skating (which if my instagram is any indication is having a bit of a revival). I fear that pursuing the Olympics is just going to leave him and whoever he ends up partnering with embittered.

hanca

Values her privacy
I think Windsor will have a very hard time finding a new partner. News travels fast in skating circles.
I think you are a bit optimistic or naive. If someone like Fajfr can continue coaching, why would Windsor have a hard time finding a partner?

greenapple

I think you are a bit optimistic or naive. If someone like Fajfr can continue coaching, why would Windsor have a hard time finding a partner?
Neither. You are mixing apples with oranges. One situation has zero to do with the other.

Trillian

Neither. You are mixing apples with oranges. One situation has zero to do with the other.

I wouldn’t use the Fajfr comparison in particular, but I am inclined to agree he will be able to find another partner. He may not have as many options as he would if he wasn’t giving an enthusiastic thumbs up to violence against women on social media, but high level pairs partners are limited and there’s usually someone willing to give it a shot. Especially if he’s looking in Russia - I’m sure there are girls who would see it as one of the few paths they have to compete internationally right now.

All I’m aware that’s widely known at this point is that Harley is a fan of some misogynistic attitudes. Male pairs skaters have been given a pass for much, much worse behavior in the past, and unfortunately, I have a hard time imagining the sport has changed that much.

Hedwig

Antique member
All I’m aware that’s widely known at this point is that Harley is a fan of some misogynistic attitudes.
I did not know. Are there other proofs then him following a misogynistic a$$hole? That is already quite a lot but since I never followed him before I do not know if he said anything like this or liked any posts that point to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information