Ashley Wagner's Reddit AMA

VGThuy

Love this answer:

Q: You are living my dream -- I couldn't ice skate at all but would pretend to be an ice skater as a kid. Who was your idol? Like who did you watch and say, I wanna do that?

A: MICHELLE KWAN (prayer hands for days I don't know how to do that on my computer) She is KWEEN and we are not worthy of her. She does her change edge spiral and I lose my mind every time. Sorry I just got overwhelmingly excited but thats what Michelle does to me!

She noted before that Tara is what made her want to get into skating and go to the Olympics and that Kwan was the skater she grew to love. Love that she appreciates the classics.

VGThuy

Regarding Gracie and Ashley's relationship:

Gracie and I are actually good friends now! It took us a while to get there but I think we are both super strong willed type A personality ladies so once we realized we are actually the same person it was easy for us to let our guard down around each other. Polina is a lot younger than I am but I adore her.

As for your age. I get on the ice and most of the women I compete against were not even born when I started skating, how is that for feeling super old? You just have to really only think about yourself, that you love to do this and the rest seriously does not matter.

I love this answer more than I would have ever imagined.

ETA: Saw that Peggy Fleming's son Todd asked her a question, but I think she already left by then.

giselle23

I missed this. I wanted to ask her if she would ever want to be the Bachelorette. I think she would be perfect!

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Also her response about Kwan was :D it was so... "I've prepared this answer well in advance after years of people telling me how inferior I am to the Kween. Quit comparing me to the Kween. I get it I will never be Michelle Kwan and she's freaking incredible!!! I have prepared this answer to combat all of the comparisons to what I'll never be, and you will never bring me down again. She is my everything." :kickass: :respec: at least that's what I got out of it.

I just love her, every time she says something new I'm reminded of why. None of the other ladies are as comfortable as her at consistently being themselves.

Sylvia

TBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information