Amazon Thank My Driver ($5 gift for the driver)

barbk

Amazon is running a promotion right now where (until the amount they've allocated is exhausted) you can search "Thank my driver" and Amazon will give your most recent Amazon delivery person a $5 bonus. It worked easily when I just did it.

IvoryIris

The one who broke both of my large ceramic flower pots sitting on the sidewalk while backing down my driveway? We weren’t home, so he won’t acknowledge the damage. I don’t think he will be receiving a five dollar gift from me.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So with how many drivers there are, what are the chances any particular driver gets more than $5? $10 max. Happy Holidays, Amazon Drivers! 🤮

Judy

Amazon is running a promotion right now where (until the amount they've allocated is exhausted) you can search "Thank my driver" and Amazon will give your most recent Amazon delivery person a $5 bonus. It worked easily when I just did it.
American Amazon?

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I'm a pretty big fan of not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.
I'm a bigger fan of not tipping a corporation and trusting them to give it to the right person.

ETA: OK someone I know on FB posted about this and I saw that this promo is getting customers to click a button and the $5 is a bonus for the driver from Amazon, not a tip from the customer.

I still think it stinks. Amazon makes gazillions. JUST GIVE YOUR DRIVERS AN END OF YEAR BONUS. This popularity contest is nothing but a marketing ploy to make customers think they are doing something good while most likely skipping out on $thousands (if not more) in bonuses because it will be tied to customers acting.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Our amazon drivers have to find a place to park on busy arterials and then shlep hampers full of stuff into our package room and then figure out a place to put all of the stuff for ~180 apartments, most of which are occupied by young tech workers who seem to do 99.9% of their non-food shopping on amazon.

So whichever person got $5 out of it because one of my packages was in the pile, they more than deserved it.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The Amazon drivers who deliver my packages have an easy stop. No wrangling for parking, no going up and down stairs.
Amazon always asks me to rate the drivers - I don't see them. The packages are delivered to the desk person.

Yes Amazon needs to pay a living wage and not expect me to subsidize their merger pay. Plus I'm suspicious that it actually goes to the driver and not into the CEO's coffers

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
They’re not asking customers to pay for this, just to claim it for their driver. They set aside a maximum amount of their own funds. If the drivers don’t get the money, that money would stay in the CEO’s coffers, not add to it.

I used to rate the drivers, but the leave things in our package room, and I was afraid that if I didn’t not select “went above and beyond,” for example, which I wouldn’t have witnessed, that this would count against them.

There was a huge, separate legal issue where Amazon was telling people on the Whole Foods site that all of the money went to their drivers. This was technically true, but what they were doing was setting a dollar amount below their hourly guaranteed rate, and reimbursing themselves with the tip money up to the guaranteed rate/hour, and only giving the amount over the rate to the drivers. They got busted, and now, supposedly, pay their advertised minimum rate and give all of the tip money to the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information