Alysa Liu cheer/fan thread

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Just uploaded on “the official Korean account of the Olympic Games” - Alysa’s gala performance to ITZY’s “Loco”! https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaoKNb5jgol/
It was a joy watching Alysa having a blast at the Olympic games! And I especially enjoyed her Itzy "Loco" exhibition program! Many thanks must go to Jean-Luc for his on the spot choreo, Olivia Smart for loaning Alysa the dress, and to everyone who helped her put this now quite popular number together! And speaking of choreo, imo, with a bit of tweaking around, I believe that Alysa could work this number into a competitive SP! Minus the butt spin of course! :D

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
It was a joy watching Alysa having a blast at the Olympic games! And I especially enjoyed her Itzy "Loco" exhibition program! Many thanks must go to Jean-Luc for his on the spot choreo, Olivia Smart for loaning Alysa the dress, and to everyone who helped her put this now quite popular number together! And speaking of choreo, imo, with a bit of tweaking around, I believe that Alysa could work this number into a competitive SP! Minus the butt spin of course! :D
OMG! Could that kid be any cuter? It was like watching old time figure skating. Loved it.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I'm late to Alysa fandom but I'm all in now. Well starting at the Olys. Love Alysa's personality and spirit. Really loved both her programs here. Hooray for skating to classics. The Tchaikovsky is a gem and she skated it wonderfully yesterday.

Way to go, Alysa!

aml78

She is such a talent! So proud of her. Definitely the future of US womens skating, especialy as she has already gone through most of puberty and survived it intact.
Unfortunately I don’t think she’s the future. I think she’s done. She’s been vocal about how the Olympics this year were her goal. She hasn’t seemed happy in the sport for some time. She has no coaching team at this point and wants to go to college. Given she seems to crave a more normal life my guess is she will want a traditional college experience. Maybe she will compete another year. Hopefully her results this year gave her love and motivation back.

giselle23

Unfortunately I don’t think she’s the future. I think she’s done. She’s been vocal about how the Olympics this year were her goal. She hasn’t seemed happy in the sport for some time. She has no coaching team at this point and wants to go to college. Given she seems to crave a more normal life my guess is she will want a traditional college experience. Maybe she will compete another year. Hopefully her results this year have her love and motivation back.
That's kind of a downer view for the cheer thread. I read she does not plan to go to college next year. She said she didn't get her applications in time. She also said she's happy with her Bay area coach, Philip.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I'm so proud of Alysa for winning a well deserved bronze at Worlds! She was terrific at the Olympics too! As a fan, I am saddened by Alysa's decision to retire so very young. But if Alysa is happy, that is all that is important! Part of my urgency to see her on the Stars On Ice tour is that I'm not sure she'll tour again! Same reason with Nathan! I wasn't blessed with seeing either on competitive ice, but I was determined to see them perform - and last night at the Hertz Arena I was not disappointed! All of my best wishes for Alysa in all of her future endeavors! 💖💖💖⛸⛸

aml78

Alysa deleted everything off of her Instagram and is no longer following anyone. I admire that she never really played the game and tried to build her brand but I also always worry about her and her mental health. I hope she got enjoyment out of her career and that she finds joy and peace in whatever comes next.

mtnskater

Alysa is still very young. She has a long way to go to adulthood and will have many more experiences along the way that will shape her life. Social media is not necessarily healthy. I’m glad we had no such thing when I was 16. I hope she has a wonderful future, whatever it holds.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information