A performance from the past it just gives you chills. Please post one

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Wow! This is why I love skating! The legend Janet Lynn!!

Just amazing, wow in 1970 they were really packing the arena. I miss actual figure skating now I feel like this sport has now changed its name to ice acrobats

She was from Rockford Illinois? Not too far from where I was raised. I think that’s where the Gilles family is from too including Piper

Platypus

Finally registered after years of lurkdom.

The first program that came to my mind when I saw the title was Jeff Buttle's Nationals performance of Naqoyqatsi. 16 years later it still gives me chills.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This may not be considered 'from the past' but Trusova's LP with five quads was thrilling and chilling.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Moskvina Mishin 1968 Euro LP. Mishin is unrecognizable.

Moskvina does the Biellman spin at the end (though the name Biellman was not there back then, since Denise Biellman was probably not born yet. :) )

Last edited:

3T3T

Some wonderful skates from Russia’s first female world champion

Worlds SP 2000

Worlds Free 1999 🥇🏅A bit of fluff starting of, the skate is at 2.50 mark

Worlds Free 2001

sadya

My "goosebumps"-favorite :"Romeo and Juliet" / Anissina-Peizerat ... I love everything about it! :encore:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Wqpc4xL5Q
Most Romeo/Juliet programs bore me, mostly same music and not very interesting programs. This was one of the few I did enjoy. Thank you for the reminder of this FD. And thanks to everyone in this thread, for the many programs I either never watched or haven't seen in a long time.

bardtoob

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was not their fan but I love this performance of Rodnina Zaitsev to Kalinka. Their speed and power was amazing. I also like their unison, stretch of the bodies. They were athletic skaters, not artistic/lyrical like those before (Protopopovs) or after them (G/G, B/S, and the creative M/D). They were way ahead of others in their era.

bardtoob

Michelle Kwan 1995 Worlds LP

BBC

Eurosport

NBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information