7/20-21: Paul Wylie Clinic at PSC&HS (Ardmore, PA)

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Paul Wylie's clinic is coming back to Philly! Being held at PSCHS this year instead of Wissahickon. I've done this for the past 3 years and it is great; well worth it.

----------------------------------

Where: Philadelphia Skating Club and Humane Society (220 Holland Avenue, Ardmore, PA 19003)

A 2-day on and off-ice clinic led by 1992 Olympic Silver Medalist, World Professional Figure Skating Champion, US Figure Skating Hall of Famer and PSA Master Rated Coach, PAUL WYLIE.

Paul is known for his exquisite artistry, sharp and controlled footwork and proven jump and spin technique. This clinic will focus on helping skaters to improve their body positions, spin entries, edges, jump and spin technique and skating performance.

Skaters wishing to request a private lesson with Paul, please contact PSCHS Skating Director Regina Barr (regina at pschs.org)—space is limited.

Sample Clinic Topics
  • Competition Preparation and Warm Up Techniques
  • Off-Ice Jump Class
  • On-Ice Skills-Footwork
  • Edges and Edge Jumps
  • Spin Entries
  • Basic Positions
  • Centering and Speed
  • Toe Jumps
  • Combination Jumps
  • Flying Spins and Difficult Variations
  • Components and Choreography
  • Mental Preparedness
  • Passion & Presentation
Clinic Brochure (PDF)

Youth Clinic ($180 per skater)

Friday, July 20, 2018
11:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Includes 2 On and Off-Ice Sessions

Saturday, July 21, 2018
10:00 AM - 4:15 PM
Includes 3 On and Off-Ice Sessions + Keynote Snack Reception with Paul Wylie
  • All levels Basic 6 through Senior FS; skaters will be grouped according to level.
  • Clinic is capped at 60 skaters: There will be 2 leveled groups of 30 skaters alternating on and off the ice. Each group will then be broken into smaller groups of similar levels.
  • Individual schedules will be emailed the week of July 2nd.
REGISTER FOR YOUTH CLINIC

Adult Clinic ($110 per skater)

Friday, July 20, 2018
5:00 - 8:00 PM
Includes 1 On and off-ice sessions + Keynote cocktail reception, 7-8PM

Saturday, July 21, 2018
9:00 - 11:30 AM
Includes 2 On and off-ice sessions
  • All levels Basic 6 through Senior FS; skaters will be grouped according to level.
  • Clinic is capped at 25 skaters.
  • Individual schedules will be emailed the week of July 2nd.
REGISTER FOR ADULT CLINIC

scooter

We did his clinic this weekend in NY. He was fantastic. I also scored the kid a private lesson to have him tune her program, which was this morning. Loved him.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
I've been keeping my eye out for this one. Sadly, Skate Wilmington is that week, and I don't know what day(s) my event will be held on, so I can't sign up for Paul now. :(

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
I still wish I could sign up for the clinic. I am :wuzrobbed Alas. Regardless, I'm going to sign up for the competition, wait for my day/time to be announced... and then check to see if there are still any spots left in Paul's clinic. Which there will not be, but why not try?

concorde

I've been keeping my eye out for this one. Sadly, Skate Wilmington is that week, and I don't know what day(s) my event will be held on, so I can't sign up for Paul now. :(
There is a contact point listed in the notice. If you call email her, she will tell you what days your event(s) will be.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Shame they missed taping the adult clinic, which was a lot of fun (as always), but I’m glad to see they got some nice footage on the session before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information