2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

ChristineB

I heard some scary stuff about Ticketmaster tickets not arriving in the mail (I live in the US), so I asked if they could switch to mobile tickets instead. Ticketmaster accommodated, and it seems like all tickets sold during the general sale on Thursday had this option. Even the mobile tickets have issues of duplication, not listing things correctly, etc. I have an inquiry open to investigate further.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I heard some scary stuff about Ticketmaster tickets not arriving in the mail (I live in the US), so I asked if they could switch to mobile tickets instead. Ticketmaster accommodated, and it seems like all tickets sold during the general sale on Thursday had this option. Even the mobile tickets have issues of duplication, not listing things correctly, etc. I have an inquiry open to investigate further.

Ticketmaster is absolutely crap at responding to customer questions, as in, they just ignore almost all of them. I assume the tickets will work for the sessions they're issued for. I'd follow whatever's posted on the event website - the event itself, not Ticketmaster's site - and assume that is the correct version of the timetable.

ChristineB

Ticketmaster is absolutely crap at responding to customer questions, as in, they just ignore almost all of them. I assume the tickets will work for the sessions they're issued for. I'd follow whatever's posted on the event website - the event itself, not Ticketmaster's site - and assume that is the correct version of the timetable.
They are just a mess all around! From purchasing to sending tickets to getting the info right. This Worlds experience was so stressful, I almost gave up on trying!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
They are just a mess all around! From purchasing to sending tickets to getting the info right. This Worlds experience was so stressful, I almost gave up on trying!

I can't think of a time that I bought tickets from TM when I didn't have a problem with the order. They are the absolute worst. If they didn't have a monopoly on ticket sales at most of the major venues in North America, and didn't have deals with most of the major event promoters, they would have been out of business a long time ago.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Just a reminder in case you are still looking for a hotel for Worlds 2024, I have a hotel group at the Marriott Chateau Champlain very close to the Bell Centre (and can also be accessed underground). If you are interested in a room for the event, please go to www.vivavacation.ca/figureskating for details.
I was very glad to use your discounted rate!

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
If anyone outside Canada is looking at volunteering, they aren't seeking international volunteers at this time (I applied, they wanted to do the background check, but it's for Canadian citizens only right now), but I'd go ahead and apply anyway for when they are!

SandraMGfan

I did apply, and just got the confirmation my application was received to wait for next steps. I’ll see what they say!

[If anyone outside Canada is looking at volunteering, they aren't seeking international volunteers at this time (I applied, they wanted to do the background check, but it's for Canadian citizens only right now), but I'd go ahead and apply anyway for when they are!]

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I did apply, and just got the confirmation my application was received to wait for next steps. I’ll see what they say!

[If anyone outside Canada is looking at volunteering, they aren't seeking international volunteers at this time (I applied, they wanted to do the background check, but it's for Canadian citizens only right now), but I'd go ahead and apply anyway for when they are!]
Same. They just can't do a background check as when you go ahead to enter your information, you can't enter anything outside Canada as an address and location. Skate Canada told me in an email reply they just aren't seeking non-Canadian volunteers right now. So hopefully they'll keep in touch with us!

skipaway

Got my tickets also. are the “dummy” tickets for practice? I have a Monday and Tuesday ticket but the rest seen to be for the events themselves.

ChristineB

Got my tickets also. are the “dummy” tickets for practice? I have a Monday and Tuesday ticket but the rest seen to be for the events themselves.
That's my assumption. My tickets arrived yesterday and I also have "dummy" tickets for the first two days before the events start.
I also have mobile tickets, but most of them are labeled incorrectly.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
That's my assumption. My tickets arrived yesterday and I also have "dummy" tickets for the first two days before the events start.
I also have mobile tickets, but most of them are labeled incorrectly.
I don’t think the dummy tickets are to be used for anything. There are separate Monday and Tuesday tickets for those practice days.

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
After seeing a post from Skate Canada yesterday about "last chance" to buy all event tickets for Worlds, I decided to stop thinking about it and finally buy one. I was going to wait another month to purchase, but it seems like they may be switching over to day passes soon. Am I recalling correctly that that was done for 2020 as well? I'm also grateful that I was able to get a single aisle seat. I was shocked that ticketmaster let me do that, but I also took it as a sign that I should go ahead and make this trip happen for myself. I am so excited to see another World Championships in person after 11 years. 2013 Worlds was the last comp my mom and I attended before she passed away that December. She had the time of her life and I'll always cherish those memories.

uandmfan

Does anyone know where we can find the schedule with times? Like what time does the pairs short start? Consider some single event tickets but timing matters!! Lol

ice coverage

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Quoted post removed - it was in the wrong thread 😊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information