2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Are you waiting because upper levels are cheaper? I can’t remember what I bought last time, they were supposed to be cheaper seats but still cost $$$ 😭 How long did you have to wait for upper seats to become available?

I have world 2020 accessories, wondering if there’s a market online … might partially pay a few dollars for my ticket?
Doubt it, they gave us lots of the swag each time we volunteered so lots around. I hope to be volunteering again. Depending on schedules and accommodations

pat c

2 people in a room level p2 tix is $3600, now if the hotel is about $200 to $250 per night........that puts level 2 tix at about $1900. I hope my math is wrong. Wait for May to see what the actual damage is.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

2 people in a room level p2 tix is $3600, now if the hotel is about $200 to $250 per night........that puts level 2 tix at about $1900. I hope my math is wrong. Wait for May to see what the actual damage is.
The tours always charge more than if you just bought the ticket and hotel on your own, though.

peibeck

Simply looking
Is CXA Adventures something that took over for Dash Tours? The website look is so similar to what Dash's web page looked like.

I used them twice when I did Worlds in Vancouver and D.C. Great seats, but ungodly expensive!!!

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Is CXA Adventures something that took over for Dash Tours? The website look is so similar to what Dash's web page looked like.

I used them twice when I did Worlds in Vancouver and D.C. Great seats, but ungodly expensive!!!
I've never heard of them. I am going with my usual, long-established group.

Sylvia

TBD

Skate Canada will present the athletes who will act as ambassadors for these World Championships. This will take place on Thursday, May 25 at the Atrium 1000 starting at 10:00 a.m. The media is invited to this press announcement which will reveal the names of ambassadors as well as offer details regarding ticket sales.

On this occasion several athletes will join the ambassadors for a few laps around the ice to discuss the importance of this event. Among them will be Canadian champions Maxime Deschamps, Laurence Fournier Beaudry, Nikolaj Soerensen, and members of the world champion synchronized skating team, Les Suprêmes. Representatives from the City of Montreal and other levels of government will be present, as well as partners in the organization of the World Championships.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
(from the quoted article)
"It is the second time Montreal has welcomed the championships, the last time being in 1932, which was also the very first time Canada presented the event."

About time for a repeat.

Won by icons Schaefer 🇦🇹 , Henie 🇳🇴 and The Brunets 🇫🇷!

Right after their wins at the Lake Placid Olympics.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

jkl

Am I correct that row AA is the front row? Will anyone clue me in on what letters are row 4-7 and then rows 8-14? Thanks friends!

Debbie S

Am I correct that row AA is the front row? Will anyone clue me in on what letters are row 4-7 and then rows 8-14? Thanks friends!
It looks like AA-FF and then A. So A would be the 7th row.

If you are on desktop, you can play around with the sliding price range tab. It looks like the most expensive tix (low rows, center sections) are around $1300 USD. Next category is $985 USD and starts in row N, center sections. Next is around $600 USD for end sections and the cheaper tix are the 200 level. It's probably more specific than that but that's what I could determine w/o a code.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
As mentioned in replies to other questions - Row A appears to be the 7th row. The first 6 rows are the double letters, ie. the most expensive seats.

Last edited:

Chellersm

Thanks Debbie S, that's really helpful!

I can't decide where I'm going to try to sit. Two seats in the middle and close to the ice are a bit above my price range. But, we went to Four Continents this year and had single event tickets so we sat in various parts of the Broadmoor Arena. It was interesting to see which areas we enjoyed - I didn't mind the end sections most of the time, although it seemed very far away when a skater would do something interesting at the far end!

Anyway, I've been trying to evaluate areas using this site, and am finding it helpful: https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Centre+Bell/

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Using the link @skatingguy provided, all one needs to do is view the seat map ‘Switch to Map’ and it shows the rows. A is 7 rows back, after FF, as mentioned. But from that map you could get a good idea of where you want to sit.

screech

Not sure if I'm missing something or just can't tell, but anyone know if the K&C will be around section 107 or section 119?
I ask because I'm one of the odd ones who prefers sitting on the short side (you get the whole rink view from your seat without having to turn your head), but don't want to have the bright K&C lights right next to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information