2024 US Nats Mens SP - Malinaguena

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Ilia’s flamenco moved me more.

By the way, is Jason repeating last year’s Impossible Dream free skate, as per his bio? Weren’t we supposed to get Tarzan instead?
He mentioned in the SP press conference yesterday that he went back to his old FS because he realized it was too hard to try and compete 2 new programs in a season where he scaled back his competitions ahead of Nats.

zigzig

Ilia - undeniable, great score and happy for him
Naumov - fine but nothing exciting
Jason - generous score, this program left me cold and all those +4 on the jumps feel a bit much
Torg - bizonkers judging with generous GOE on a wonky 3F+3T that should have gotten minus
Cam - should have been higher - would have had him around Naumov's score

The rest of the field was pretty blah. Wish Jimmy would finally have a good skate. And nice to have Danny Samohin's cuteness back even if it was his usual trainwreck. Love Mindra and wish he had actual senior men content.

On My Own

I just backread this thread - were Wagner and Rippon so awful at commentating? I never liked them, but I also just plain wouldn't know looking at how twitter were behaving like they were the best things ever during this.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I just backread this thread - were Wagner and Rippon so awful at commentating? I never liked them, but I also just plain wouldn't know looking at how twitter were behaving like they were the best things ever during this.
They were pretty terrible the first day and wouldn't shut up. They improved over the weekend but it was pretty obvious they're not trained broadcasters and didn't impress me with their research and knowledge the way Tara did back in Sochi when she made her commentating debut.

On My Own

They were pretty terrible the first day and wouldn't shut up. They improved over the weekend but it was pretty obvious they're not trained broadcasters and didn't impress me with their research and knowledge the way Tara did back in Sochi when she made her commentating debut.
I didn't care for Tara, but I did learn nice tidbits about jumps from Johnny, and he gave decent feedback on program quality IMO. I doubt Wagner and Rippon have what it takes to be better than him.

skatfan

They did talk a lot at the beginning. I thought they improved a lot during the broadcasts. They were more honest in some of their assessments. Given that Ashley just had a baby, and they got no breaks for TV commercials, I’d say it was an acceptable start and way better than when Ashley did commentary years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information