2024 Eurovision - Let’s Go Malmö!

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Am listening to the songs now as they have all been released.

Croatia (Baby Lasagna :lol: ), Belgium and France are the ones standing out so far. Am only two-thirds of the way through so far.

I think it is going to be a hard to call year until the rehearsals.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Add Sweden and Ukraine to the ones that really stood out. Unusually for me am drawn more to the male vocalists this year..

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I just saw Joker Out who represented Slovenia last year.

These boys are SOMETHING! Go and see them if you have the chance! They are amazing as a live band.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I hope the live performances hold up to the official videos as last year I was a little disappointed in a few.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
50 years ago today since ABBA won Eurovision in Brighton.

BBC4 will be showing the 1974 contest in full tomorrow evening.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved

Sylvia

TBD
April 28:
Peacock’s coverage of the Eurovision Song Contest 2024 will not feature any commentary for the first time.
Johnny Weir who commentated on the Eurovision Song Contest in 2022 and 2023 for Peacock, has revealed he will not be commentating this year. In a post on social media, he stated that Peacock will be broadcasting the 68th Eurovision Song Contest live without any commentary. This is the first commentary-free broadcast since Netflix held the rights in 2019.

Finnice

Helsinki Cathedral will have an Eurovision Mass May 11 18.00 Finnish time, before the competition starts.
My friend Aki will predict, and musician Petri Laaksonen will perform.
I will go with Aki's husband ans some FS friends. It will be something unique.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Short snippets of the performances in Semi 1:

Haven't paid much attention this year but based on that video it looks like Ireland has a strong shot at making the finals. Portugal and Ukraine also stood out based on those 30 second clips. Haven't heard any of the songs in full yet and I know the the odds for a win for Croatia are really strong but didn't register with me in the above.

Will be interesting to see them in full on the night to see if my first impressions hold.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
so Croatian National Television has asked the board that runs ARENA Zagreb (where recent synchro worlds were held) not to book concerts for April and part of May next year.

I guess they are taking the buzz seriously and maybe after 35 years, Eurovision comes back to Zagreb.
Here is how it looked like in 1990 in Lisinski hall, this is @allezfred fav
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksPXBLCwaL4

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
so Croatian National Television has asked the board that runs ARENA Zagreb (where recent synchro worlds were held) not to book concerts for April and part of May next year.

I guess they are taking the buzz seriously and maybe after 35 years, Eurovision comes back to Zagreb.
Here is how it looked like in 1990 in Lisinski hall, this is @allezfred fav
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksPXBLCwaL4
Every time I pass the Lisinski Hall when I am in Zagreb I get goosebumps and think of Eurocat. 🐈

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So I am currently seeing #crownthewitch trending and from the clips I am seeing Ireland is getting all my votes tomorrow. Ireland doing what we failed to do this year and send something unique and provocative. Thank you. Can't wait to see this in full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information