2023/24 Canadian Women: News & Updates

danafan

Canadian ladies über

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Ruiter had a good skate at YOG short program and will skate in the final group in the free. Just shy of her season best score from Autumn Classic. Still just shy of the 32 TES though (yes I know it's junior rules and doesn't count for worlds minimums). She was under on the triple toe in the combo which as very costly. Best scenario is she improves her season best in the free and gives herself a better chance at getting two grand prix assignments next year.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Sigh...Ruiter did not have a great freeskate. Hopefully she'll do better at junior worlds. Honestly I see no reason at this point to have her squeeze a senior international in to get her minimums prior to worlds.

Good luck to Schizas, Miclette and Dupuis at 4CC. Fingers crossed Miclette and/or Dupuis get their missing minimums so we can at least list a sub for worlds....

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
It's been a while but pre-injury and covid I recall being quite impressed with Kaiya. But did she always have this rotation issue on her jumps and her spins haven't really improved either?

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
It's been a while but pre-injury and covid I recall being quite impressed with Kaiya. But did she always have this rotation issue on her jumps and her spins haven't really improved either?
Growth spurts plus injuries - she has a good coaching team so glad they are taking their time and being patient allowing her to grow into her new body. I am sure by next year she will be more settled for senior - another reason why a good idea to stay as a Junior for YOG and Worlds.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Well Maddie showed us yet again why she is the only and obvious choice for worlds and she has it in her to get top ten at Worlds if she can check her nerves.
Even though the usual nay sayers Kaiya’s team made the right decision to do junior for the rest of the season and YOG. (Same naysayer going on about Fiona Bombardier last year).
Good showing by Sara-Maude as well.

kalamalka

Lia Cho of Alberta (last years pre-novice champion and Canada Winter Games silver medalist) won the Novice Women's SP at the Skate Canada Novice/Pre-Novice Challenge today by a whopping 16 points. 54.70 (4 points bonus) with a 3Z/3T and 3F (slight negative GOE, her only minus). She's only 11 so not eligible for JGP for a while.

DE93

Lia Cho of Alberta (last years pre-novice champion and Canada Winter Games silver medalist) won the Novice Women's SP at the Skate Canada Novice/Pre-Novice Challenge today by a whopping 16 points. 54.70 (4 points bonus) with a 3Z/3T and 3F (slight negative GOE, her only minus). She's only 11 so not eligible for JGP for a while.
It was an amazing skate. She’s very charismatic!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Daleman is back on the ice, she says six weeks ahead of schedule.

honey

This is very, very impressive from Lia Cho, winning Novice nationals. She a huge talent for Canada, though at 11, she is a very long way away from senior competition obviously. I hope everyone involved is playing the long game here and that she can be given the time and space to develop at a pace that works for her.

Who knows what the future years will bring her, but I’m impressed with the power in her jumps for such a little tot. The technique is reasonable and the base of her skating is strong. Lots of potential.

https://youtu.be/5ytj067R1xY?si=v3_OeSZd5m6qrr9y

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information