2023-2024 Rhythm dance

skategal

Bunny mama

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team

Primorskaya

How many choreographers will look to The Americans soundtrack for their music choices, I wonder.
Love that series, Keri Russel is perfect. She actually reminds me of Gordeeva a bit, which immensely helped me buy her as a Russian. And music-wise it's great. They had me at "Tusk", although that's 70s I think. Anyway, perfect for a topical "Cold War" theme! :ROFLMAO:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
All I want is a "Weird Al" Yankovic dance, may be to Eat to and Like a Surgeon
Hey all you need is the Weird Al movie to justify the use of the music from the soundtrack.

For anyone dissing on 80's music should watch a few of the docos around about it. Not so much the mainstream US stuff except for the punk and alternative scenes, but definitely the UK music scene was quite groundbreaking in terms of future influence. And I cannot talk enough about Australian music from the 80s. I saw so many great bands back then.

Former Lurve Goddess

Hey all you need is the Weird Al movie to justify the use of the music from the soundtrack.

For anyone dissing on 80's music should watch a few of the docos around about it. Not so much the mainstream US stuff except for the punk and alternative scenes, but definitely the UK music scene was quite groundbreaking in terms of future influence. And I cannot talk enough about Australian music from the 80s. I saw so many great bands back then.
Goanna were pretty cool.

screech

The Americans is DH’s and my joint favorite TV series ever. There are others that only one of us loves but that one we agree on.

And the music was only exceeded by the period clothes and all those wigs Keri wore.
I remember one episode where they literally spent at least 5 minutes digging a hole. And it was still engaging. That takes a brilliant show to pull off.
I was so disappointed that they never once busted out a wig resembling Keri's Felicity-era curls during the show's run, but IIRC I read somewhere that she consciously avoided that.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I remember one episode where they literally spent at least 5 minutes digging a hole. And it was still engaging. That takes a brilliant show to pull off.
I was so disappointed that they never once busted out a wig resembling Keri's Felicity-era curls during the show's run, but IIRC I read somewhere that she consciously avoided that.
They were digging up the corpse of a fellow spy who’d been poisoned by his own biological-warfare invention, to cut a chunk out of him and save the germ.

That’s pretty unforgettable. :scream:

Primorskaya

80's theme confirmed! And it seems it was definitely chosen as a crowd-pleaser. I beg to differ about audiences automatically preferring Street or Latin to waltzes, but no-one at ISU is asking for my opinion :drama:
Still wondering what "80s" means in terms of rhythm, it can mean so many different things from power ballads to pop, I don't know what they'll be looking for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information