2023 - 2024 March to the Super Bowl - Rodgers, Allen, Purdy, Burrows, Hurts, Mahomes et all

once_upon

Better off than 2020
If there's any justice, it will be a flop! The elite teams are in the AFC so CBS will clean up covering Mahomes, Burress, Allen, & Jackson for years to come! I'm hoping Brady in particular winds up being a "yawner" as Joe Montana who's boring AF! :rolleyes: :wall::scream:

I haven't heard a Brady "tryout" broadcast. Gronk was fairly good - he will need some coaching, but his voice is so much better than Romo or Chris Collingworth.

Jason Kelce, even though he's got a great deal of podcast, still needs a lot of coaching - and I'm not sure he is ready to leave the eagles organization.

marmalade

Stalking Cizeron's Instagram
Eh - I don’t think he’ll make the play-by-play crew right away, though. Usually, that takes experience for the network to put them there. He most likely be the side desk crew that does the pre-game, halftime, and postgame analysis.
From what I've heard, they plan to put Tom on the #1 play by play team.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Assume Tom's been practicing in private this year?

I kind of like Tony Romo's commentary. He says some really smart stuff at times, but he's also got a does of one of my favorite movie characters of all time, Pepper Brooks from Dodgeball.

I never liked Troy Aikman because he was a Cowboy, but he is a really good commentator. Or maybe it's that he says whatever mr. coco just said, about 10 seconds later. They are on the same wavelength.

Cachoo

Man, Kyle Shanahan is rapidly becoming the GOAT of losing the Super Bowl
That is one thing I do hate about modern media and the absolute ease of communicating online. I too saw all sorts of comments about Shanahan and I thought they were unfair. Andy Reid just picked up his third trophy but for YEARS he had good teams who kept losing the NFC Championship. He made it to the SB once and lost. Shanahan is a brilliant offensive mind but I believe he is still learning. Of course people are not patient. I’d say Purdy and that defense outplayed the Chiefs until midway through the third quarter when Mahomes figured things out and our defense strengthened. Shanahan will get his Superbowl—I am sure of it.

Cachoo

I haven't heard a Brady "tryout" broadcast. Gronk was fairly good - he will need some coaching, but his voice is so much better than Romo or Chris Collingworth.

Jason Kelce, even though he's got a great deal of podcast, still needs a lot of coaching - and I'm not sure he is ready to leave the eagles organization.
First of all seeing footage of Jason in that mask dancing at the SB party made me laugh and wonder how soused he was since he said he rarely dances.
I don’t know if you saw this but it is Andy breaking down Corndog for the reporter Peter King last year while showing how it was used this year.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
That is one thing I do hate about modern media and the absolute ease of communicating online. I too saw all sorts of comments about Shanahan and I thought they were unfair. Andy Reid just picked up his third trophy but for YEARS he had good teams who kept losing the NFC Championship. He made it to the SB once and lost. Shanahan is a brilliant offensive mind but I believe he is still learning. Of course people are not patient. I’d say Purdy and that defense outplayed the Chiefs until midway through the third quarter when Mahomes figured things out and our defense strengthened. Shanahan will get his Superbowl—I am sure of it.
Shanahan is a fantastic coach. He is still young and already arguably has the best coaching tree of all time. It’s more a remark upon the way he has lost those Super Bowls and naturally relative to the expectations of his otherwise extremely strong coaching and offensive coordination. I don’t doubt he’ll win one, he’s just also in the history books for some other reasons too.

Lynn226

When I lived in Kansas City, it seemed the Chiefs were very good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I know teams sometimes lose even after leading most of the way, but the Chiefs had it down to a science. I moved away a couple years after Reid became head coach, so I'll enjoy the good times from afar.

Now, I live in Cincinnati and I'll never be a Bengals fan.

Cachoo

For the most part, I just like football and right now there is a plethora of great QBs, defenses, receivers, tight ends, kickers. I want good games.
I’m looking forward to see what Harbaugh does with the Chargers. Justin Herbert is too good a qb to be sitting on the sidelines during the playoffs. Our little AFC West could be super competitive next year.
I’m relieved both Reid and Travis said they are returning. I hope they can keep Chris Jones. But like Tyreek I have a feeling he will be offered a huge paycheck from another team. And they need to find a way to pay Sneed and McDuffie. Oh—and I want to get one of those “In Spags We Trust” t-shirts. The defense was everything this year.

Fiero425

For the most part, I just like football and right now there is a plethora of great QBs, defenses, receivers, tight ends, kickers. I want good games.

IDK what to do w/ myself now; maybe go check You-Tube Vids of games! So much coming up I couldn't care less about; MLB, March Madness, NBA All-Stars, & NHL All-Stars! Well I do have Novak Djokovic going to Indian Wells in March for the 1st time in years! 🥳

Last edited:

Cachoo

IDK what to do w/ myself now; maybe go check You-Tube Vids of games! So much coming up I couldn't care less about; ML, March Madness, NBA All-Stars, & NHL All-Stars! Well I do have Novak Djokovic going to Indian Wells in March for the 1st time in years! 🥳
I LOVE March Madness but Kansas is a basketball state. The Jayhawks are a big deal here. And of course the tournament opens at the same time as the World Figure Skating Championships. I have taken off work and will be sitting there with the large bowl of popcorn watching morning, noon and night.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I love March Madness. Jayhawks, Bluejays, Iowa men's and Women's (go Caitlin Clark), ISU. Huskers are doing pretty good this year

Yeah, I remember Worlds in Vancouver where I asked the waiter in our restaurant to check Kansas score (I could see the bar TV had the game on)

College baseball (duh College World Series across the street from me)

Volleyball (hello Nebraska and Creighton).

Gymnastics.

Not a NHL or pro baseball or pro basketball.

I do think there is going to be a spring football league.

Cachoo

I love March Madness. Jayhawks, Bluejays, Iowa men's and Women's (go Caitlin Clark), ISU. Huskers are doing pretty good this year

Yeah, I remember Worlds in Vancouver where I asked the waiter in our restaurant to check Kansas score (I could see the bar TV had the game on)

College baseball (duh College World Series across the street from me)

Volleyball (hello Nebraska and Creighton).

Gymnastics.

Not a NHL or pro baseball or pro basketball.

I do think there is going to be a spring football league.
And I am looking forward to the Olympics particularly when it comes to women—they are given as bright a spotlight as the guys for once.

Cachoo

Nice day for the parade...all went well until people were leaving then two idiots decide to start shooting at each other. Do they not care that they are surrounded by people?

Lynn226

Not sure where this goes, but for the time being, a red powder was dumped on the National Archives copy of The Constitution at 2:30 PM:

There is also a National Archives facility at Union Station near where the shooting occurred. I only know this because I used to work at another National Archives facility in the KC area.

My first thought when I saw your post was that facility and not the DC one. I was also asking myself since when does KC have a copy of the Constitution.

Cachoo

I don’t know for sure if they are the shooters but I did see two black teens (I think) handcuffed. And if it was them then their lives are over too. Tragic.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
My friend's son was, obviously as communications, present with the team and the crowd when the shooting occurred.

We had been out for lunch and she was going home to watch the replay of the parade. Her son texted that he was OK and in one of the team's buses going back to the stadium. We had no idea.

He said the team and everyone spent the rest of the afternoon together.

These people have had little to no sleep for the last 3 days. They love KC and they are all shaken up.

The one confirmed death is a DJ reporting for her radio station.

PI statement here - get rid of the damn guns.

Cachoo

Now the season moves into the Combine, free agency and the draft. I find it interesting seeing the movement among players and teams. The salary cap means there will be tough decisions of who stays and who goes. Will Chris Jones return to the Chiefs? Will Tee Higgins remain a Bengal? What will happen to Russell Wilson and on and on and on…

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information