2022 Nationals in Nashville

acraven

It seems a good idea to create a new thread focused on next year's Nationals in Nashville for this ticket update. Event dates are January 3 - 9, 2022 -- early because it's an Olympic year.

An email went out to members of Friends of Figure Skating today with this information included:

"I know many of you are looking ahead to 2022 in Nashville...but tickets will not be on sale any time soon. Please be patient and expect news in early spring..."

Last edited:

Carolla5501

I admit I looked at hotels, but right now the prices were SKY HIGH. I expect it's not even realistic pricing so I will just give it a while.

Debbie S

I admit I looked at hotels, but right now the prices were SKY HIGH. I expect it's not even realistic pricing so I will just give it a while.
In my experience browsing Nats hotel rates, typically rates far in advance are much higher than they ultimately turn out to be...it seems like the jump occurs as soon as they open up a new calendar year.

acraven

The dates of the event have been known for a very long time, so we're not going to catch a hotel manager who's oblivious to the situation.

I'm not a rent-an-apartment person, but for those who are, there are options in the "Gulch" listed on booking.com. I assume there are more on Airbnb. The area is less than a mile from the arena.

There's a Whole Foods west of the arena at 12th and Broadway.

Carolla5501

The dates of the event have been known for a very long time, so we're not going to catch a hotel manager who's oblivious to the situation.

I'm not a rent-an-apartment person, but for those who are, there are options in the "Gulch" listed on booking.com. I assume there are more on Airbnb. The area is less than a mile from the arena.

There's a Whole Foods west of the arena at 12th and Broadway.

I think the hotel rates on Marriott for that time are just "pie in the sky"
Trust me on January 2nd no one is paying $500 a night for the Courtyard :) Nor are they paying that for Tuesday December 28th :) Marriott just has "placeholders" in there for 12 months out right now IMHO.

And as if to prove my point, I just checked again and the Courtyard is now $200 for the dates of Nationals.

(Plus the hotels always think "it's going to bring in TONS of guests and we can get top dollar because they believe the USFS hype only to discover "opps, not that many people are coming. The big unknown is the Titans schedule. That could make championship weekend costly. )

Tinami Amori

I once went to an event at Bridgestone Arena/Nashvile, and for some reason all hotels were more expensive than what i expected. I found this hotel to be the most reasonable. Dury Plaza Nashville.

ross_hy

Pre-YKW, Nashville had the highest hotel rates in the country. The tourism was booming so much that there wasn't enough downtown hotels to keep up with demand. Luckily, there is a big development across the street from the arena that should give some decently affordable food options, including a food hall.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I’m thinking about going (depending on what is going on). I think I’m glad it’s close enough to home that friends live there.

If people don’t care about being in downtown and will have a car to drive, check out towards the airport or in some of the outer suburbs/outskirts of Nashville. The drives in/out are not bad from the arena.

Carolla5501

Don't get too excited about that $200 rate at the Courtyard. That's for a non-refundable reservation and excludes taxes. If you want a reservation you can cancel, the full cost with taxes is $303/night.
$212 with the AAA card

But I actually lived there for 20 years. And one of my friends is planning to go with me if we can get tickets so I’ll probably just stay at her place anyway

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I look forward to watching all of 2022 Nationals on Peacock! (Saving my travel funds to see rare ballets in Europe, that aren’t streamed or filmed.) That said, I hope that fans who wish to attend skating competitions live will have that option...that the world will be back to normal.

Last edited:

acraven

Does anyone know which side of the arena the main entrance is on? Early in the week they are likely to have only one entrance open, and I'd like to take that into account when evaluating hotel locations. I see references on the Bridgestone Arena website to a "main entrance" and a "SoBro entrance", but no map showing where those are. I assume "SoBro" is shorthand for South of Broadway, but I need more help than that.

For future reference, I found this information on the website: "Empty, clear plastic water bottles up to 32 oz. are permitted into Bridgestone Arena." There's also this: "For 2021, Bridgestone Arena will not allow bags for events. The No Bag Policy will also expedite guest entry." However, we've encountered that rule in other cities, and it has nearly always been possible to get a small bag into the arena during Nationals.

toddlj

Assuming the situation is somewhat normal then with indoor events, I'll definitely be going! My sister-in-law lives there and it's a long drive from Chicago but it can be done in a day.

Debbie S

There's also this: "For 2021, Bridgestone Arena will not allow bags for events. The No Bag Policy will also expedite guest entry." However, we've encountered that rule in other cities, and it has nearly always been possible to get a small bag into the arena during Nationals.
There's a link just below that to "bag guidelines" and it says clear bags (12 x 12 x 6) are allowed, which is also NFL policy. Maybe the "no bags" means standard purses?

acraven

Thanks, Carolla.

I guess that means the clear bags are an exception. I suppose one of these years I'm going to have a problem, but it hasn't happened yet.

beebee

On Booking.com I found a good deal for the Fairlane Hotel. At first, it was $818 + tax for six nights but when I logged into my account it went down to $717 + tax. And that wasn’t even the lowest room rate. Rate is fully refundable if cancelled two days before arrival.

I also liked the fact that immediately after completing the reservation on Booking.com I received a confirmation email directly from the hotel (not that I’ve ever had any issues with bookings made on Booking.com)

acraven

That's a good rate by downtown-Nashville standards, based on what I've seen over the last two days. I use booking.com all the time in Europe and have found it reliable. It takes a commission from the hotels for passing your reservation to them; it doesn't have its own inventory of rooms. However, hotels often list only some of their rooms with booking.com, so it's a good idea to check the hotel's website as well, to see if there's a different or better option there. Major US chains usually offer AAA and AARP/Senior discounts, and I've never seen those listed on booking.com. On the other hand, there are sometimes bargains on booking.com when a hotel is sitting on too much inventory.

You must be very careful about cancelation policies, no matter where you book. Many hotels offer a variety of cancelation options on booking.com, and it is easy to inadvertently book a non-refundable rate.

Carolla5501

By the way a friend just told me that fifth Avenue is now Rep John Lewis way or something like that so you may see it both ways

beebee

That's a good rate by downtown-Nashville standards, based on what I've seen over the last two days. I use booking.com all the time in Europe and have found it reliable. It takes a commission from the hotels for passing your reservation to them; it doesn't have its own inventory of rooms. However, hotels often list only some of their rooms with booking.com, so it's a good idea to check the hotel's website as well, to see if there's a different or better option there. Major US chains usually offer AAA and AARP/Senior discounts, and I've never seen those listed on booking.com. On the other hand, there are sometimes bargains on booking.com when a hotel is sitting on too much inventory.

You must be very careful about cancelation policies, no matter where you book. Many hotels offer a variety of cancelation options on booking.com, and it is easy to inadvertently book a non-refundable rate.
The official hotel website rates are higher but still not bad compared to other downtown hotels.

beebee

What is the official hotel?
Bad choice of words on my part. I meant the official website of the Fairlane Hotel.

I don’t know the skaters hotel. Maybe it’s the Hilton next to the arena, but that’s only a guess.

Catherine M

Our little group has decided to take a chance to book an Airbnb in the downtown area as we wanted to be within walking distance and choices in our price range are limited in that area. So the reservation has been made and now just have to see where the world will be in January of 2022.

This will be my second US nationals in Nashville-hello younger me and 1997 but have been back for other events since. Such a great city to explore and I hope all will be well and we can all have a great time.

Carolla5501

Just a note, I checked Marriott hotel reservations for this event a few days ago. Some of the hotels have already started dropping. The Renaissance, which is very close to the arena, has now dropped into the 170 range for a fully refundable room, not cheap but much better than the $300 rate they were asking when I looked last. The Renaissance also has the advantage of being right across the street from the library parking lot, which is one of the less expensive parking options in downtown Nashville for those you driving

WanderlustTO

I've never attended a US National championship - and, while I've been to many areas of the US, Nashville is somewhere I have never visited and would really like to.

I'm very happy for the championship news - a great excuse for me to see a US championship event and visit a city i've long been interested in but never had the pleasure to visit!!!

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Just a note, I checked Marriott hotel reservations for this event a few days ago. Some of the hotels have already started dropping. The Renaissance, which is very close to the arena, has now dropped into the 170 range for a fully refundable room, not cheap but much better than the $300 rate they were asking when I looked last. The Renaissance also has the advantage of being right across the street from the library parking lot, which is one of the less expensive parking options in downtown Nashville for those you driving
I think the 170 rate is only if you stay 5 nights. I checked for my sister who might come in just for the weekend and it’s still over 300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information