2022 Canadian Stars on Ice Tour

Teenes

Yeah, that is definitely not the complete tour schedule. I don't know the complete tour schedule, but my understanding is that there are several more shows yet to be announced. FYI, the Sydney and Brandon shows are on sale already. The Sudbury and London shows go on sale this Friday.

Teenes

Abbotsford, BC on Dec. 16 has been added, with tickets available on Thursday (there's a presale for Abbotsford Centre Backstage Pass members starting Wednesday).

barbarafan

Abbotsford, BC on Dec. 16 has been added, with tickets available on Thursday (there's a presale for Abbotsford Centre Backstage Pass members starting Wednesday).
Is Keegan Messing on the tour?

seabm7

The current list of cities to be visited:

Dec 1 Thur - St. John's, NL
Dec 3 Sat - Sydney, NS
Dec 4 Sun - Truro, NS

Dec 6 Tue - Peterborough, ON
Dec 10 Sat - Sudbury, ON
Dec 11 Sun - London, ON

Dec 13 Tue - Brandon, MB
Dec 16 Fri - Abbotsford, BC
Dec 18 Sun - Cranbrook, BC

ETD:
Another show added - Dec. 14 in Moose Jaw, SK
Tickets on sale on October 7th per: https://twitter.com/Kurtfiles/status/1577463217148014593

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Sorry if I have missed this somewhere in the earlier discussion, but is this "holiday tour" in place of the tour that usually runs in late Spring? Or is that tour going to run as well?

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Sorry if I have missed this somewhere in the earlier discussion, but is this "holiday tour" in place of the tour that usually runs in late Spring? Or is that tour going to run as well?
They are just promoting this as a "Holiday Tour" and it involves only not currently competing skaters. I would hope they would still have the usual tour next year.

seabm7

The tour schedule as of October 10.

Dec 3 Sat - Sydney, NS
Dec 4 Sun - Truro, NS

Dec 10 Sat - Sudbury, ON
Dec 11 Sun - London, ON

Dec 13 Tue - Brandon, MB
Dec 14 Wed - Moose Jaw, SK

Dec 17 Sat - Penticton, BC

Teenes

Yes, that's the complete tour schedule for the holiday tour (11 cities), and yes it's a separate tour from the regular spring tour. Pretty sure the full cast is Kurt Browning, Elvis Stojko, Jeff Buttle, Elladj Balde, Nam Nguyen, Mariah Bell, Alissa Czisny, Satoko Miyahara, Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro, and Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje.

The website no longer says "more holiday shows to be announced" and also says "Watch for Spring 2023 Tour Schedule and Ticket Presale Info coming later this year." They've also removed the "more skaters to be announced" from the Skaters page.

I asked IMG, and there are no plans to broadcast the holiday tour, in case anyone was wondering.

cgh_11

Purchased tickets to Moose Jaw. Super excited to be going to my first skating event/show in 3 years! Question though....did other venues have an $18 surcharge for a $73 ticket? 20+% surcharge seems excessive. Is this a common thing now?

skatingguy

decently
Purchased tickets to Moose Jaw. Super excited to be going to my first skating event/show in 3 years! Question though....did other venues have an $18 surcharge for a $73 ticket? 20+% surcharge seems excessive. Is this a common thing now?
Ticketmaster by chance? Yes, surcharges of 20% or more have become common for live events.

cgh_11

Ticketmaster by chance? Yes, surcharges of 20% or more have become common for live events.
Something called sasktix.ca. Well I was desperate to see a skating show, but maybe won't take my 3 kids along next time. Guessing even if I drove to Moose Jaw and paid at the box office (do those even exist?) , the customer service representative would be using same software and I'd pay the $18 anyway... maybe even a little extra for the reps time.

skatingguy

decently
Something called sasktix.ca. Well I was desperate to see a skating show, but maybe won't take my 3 kids along next time. Guessing even if I drove to Moose Jaw and paid at the box office (do those even exist?) , the customer service representative would be using same software and I'd pay the $18 anyway... maybe even a little extra for the reps time.
Yes, a quick google search tells me that sasktix is the ticketing agency for all venues in Moose Jaw.

Sylvia

TBD
The tour schedule as of October 10.

Dec 3 Sat - Sydney, NS
Dec 4 Sun - Truro, NS

Dec 10 Sat - Sudbury, ON
Dec 11 Sun - London, ON

Dec 13 Tue - Brandon, MB
Dec 14 Wed - Moose Jaw, SK

Dec 17 Sat - Penticton, BC
If anyone has attended, or will attend, one of these CSOI holiday shows feel free to share any impressions here. :)

Teenes

I'm attending one of the last shows and will be happy to share impressions. There are a few videos if you dig around on Instagram. It seems Kaitlyn Weaver choreographed a girls' number she's quite proud of.

In the meantime, Jeff Buttle unfortunately is out of the tour due to injury. Kaetlyn Osmond has been added to 9 of the stops - she's only missing Sudbury and London.

Jay42

Between the click of the light

Sylvia

TBD
Kaitlyn Weaver has shared a practice video of the women's group number she choreographed for the holiday tour: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmDrW6DD3gl/
To the girls who tell their stories every night, who help tell the stories of so many women around the world, and who help tell my story - i love you, and thank you.
And again, a thousand times, to @starsonice for giving me the opportunity to create a piece under this historical umbrella —
My deepest gratitude.
Here is our most recent practice video. Stay tuned for more, and thank you for your support!
⛸️: @kirsten_mt @lissastarr @55satoko @mariahsk8rbell @ka2sh
🎶: “Light of a Clear Blue Morning” by the Wailin’ Jennys
🎥: @apoje
#womensupportingwomen #figureskating #starsonice

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information