2022 Canadian Stars on Ice Tour

seabm7

Continuing from https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/stars-on-ice-2021-north-american-tour.108313/post-6184173

Kurt Browning
Elvis Stojko
Kaetlyn Osmond
Jeffrey Buttle
Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje
Alissa Czisny (her photo at the bottom of the news)
Elladj Baldé
Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier
Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro

Tour locations are the same as the originally planned 2021 fall tour cities, but the order is slightly different. Mirai Nagasu went to the US tour cast. Duhamel is waiting for her 2nd baby.

APR 29, 2022 HALIFAX, NS / SCOTIABANK CENTRE

MAY 1, 2022 OTTAWA, ON / CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE

MAY 4, 2022 LAVAL, QC / PLACE BELL

MAY 6, 2022 TORONTO, ON / SCOTIABANK ARENA

MAY 7, 2022 HAMILTON, ON / FIRSTONTARIO CENTRE

MAY 8, 2022 LONDON, ON / BUDWEISER GARDENS

MAY 12, 2022 WINNIPEG, MB / CANADA LIFE CENTRE

MAY 14, 2022 CALGARY, AB / SCOTIABANK SADDLEDOME

MAY 15, 2022 EDMONTON, AB / ROGERS PLACE

MAY 18, 2022 KELOWNA, BC / PROSPERA PLACE

MAY 19, 2022 VANCOUVER, BC / ROGERS ARENA

MAY 21, 2022 VICTORIA, BC / SAVE-ON-FOODS MEMORIAL CENTRE

Last edited:

screech

I hope Maddie gets to do a few stops. Many skaters have said in the past that doing shows like SOI really help them with the performance aspect of their skating. So it would be great to see her do guest spots in southern Ontario, at least.
And I agree, it would be great to see Keegan on the tour. He's made for show skating! And won't do the same slow, 'emotive' performances that almost everyone else will do.

Skate Talker

hope Maddie gets to do a few stops. Many skaters have said in the past that doing shows like SOI really help them with the performance aspect of their skating.
I always felt that touring with CSOI is what added the final pieces to the puzzle for Joannie Rochette. It definitely helped her become more of a performer and learn how to land those jumps on demand time after time.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Also re Megan forgot to add - one of the main reasons I bought a ticket for CSOI was to see Megan and Dylan who planned to skate together. SOI basically said to her you can skate with whoever you want and we'll put you in the show. She did train a bit with Dylan, and they did a short piece in a Christmas show, but in the end I guess that didn't pan out either 😢

ETA so she decided to have another baby instead!

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Have a ticket for sale for CSOI, Vancouver, May 19th
On ice, very close to the centre - Section 106ICE, Row A, Seat 10.
The line-up:
Kurt, Elvis, Jeff Buttle, Kaetlyn, Elladj!, Weaver/Poje, KMT/Marinaro, Gilles/Poirier, Alissa Czisny.
PM me if interested.

greenapple

Also re Megan forgot to add - one of the main reasons I bought a ticket for CSOI was to see Megan and Dylan who planned to skate together. SOI basically said to her you can skate with whoever you want and we'll put you in the show. She did train a bit with Dylan, and they did a short piece in a Christmas show, but in the end I guess that didn't pan out either 😢

ETA so she decided to have another baby instead!
Actually SOI did not tell her she could skate with whoever she pleased. She submitted names of potential partners and SOI agreed to Dylan. According to Duhamel, this baby was not planned.

WanderlustTO

What's Gabby Daleman doing these days? Is she not currently skating or are there other reasons she's not involved in this?

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Well we don’t know that at all. I am really happy for them.
I agree, I'm curious if they ever had a discussion. I know they talked about doing some shows after the Olympics, but then the pandemic hit, and that threw a wrench in everyone's plans.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Well we don’t know that at all. I am really happy for them.
I agree, I'm curious if they ever had a discussion. I know they talked about doing some shows after the Olympics, but then the pandemic hit, and that threw a wrench in everyone's plans.
Everything I've read would indicate that yes they had an agreement to have a pro career together, and had bookings lined up. Yes there was a discussion. Megan said so. Are you saying she's a liar? Of course they planned a pro career together - they had a 10-year partnership with world championship and Oly medals, and could reasonably expect to get all the opportunities of the elite of the elite. Of course the pandemic screwed things up. Doesn't change the fact the Eric went behind her back and practised with Vanessa - for two months! with the intention of doing shows together - before he had the courtesy to tell Megan. And then kind of dismissed it as well she has a family now. Did you follow how incredibly quickly she got back into shape to skate again after Zoey was born? I did. She was ready to go again when the pandemic hit.
And this 2nd child, I imagine she and Bruno are happy about it, but it was not planned.

Judy

Everything I've read would indicate that yes they had an agreement to have a pro career together, and had bookings lined up. Yes there was a discussion. Megan said so. Are you saying she's a liar? Of course they planned a pro career together - they had a 10-year partnership with world championship and Oly medals, and could reasonably expect to get all the opportunities of the elite of the elite. Of course the pandemic screwed things up. Doesn't change the fact the Eric went behind her back and practised with Vanessa - for two months! with the intention of doing shows together - before he had the courtesy to tell Megan. And then kind of dismissed it as well she has a family now. Did you follow how incredibly quickly she got back into shape to skate again after Zoey was born? I did. She was ready to go again when the pandemic hit.
And this 2nd child, I imagine she and Bruno are happy about it, but it was not planned.
I never called her a liar lol. I’m not going to guess if their new baby was planned or not. That’s their business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information