2021 World Team Trophy Pairs SP & FS - No Time for Boikova, 'Cause We Are the Champions

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
They are the champions, sure they are and skated like that! Love them but not that much the Queen program

Hope better program for next season, I know Moskvina will come with some artistic challenge for them

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I was about to face-palm Not-Mark again but he quickly corrected his "first season on the international scene" to say "second season".

rfisher

Let the skating begin
They are the champions, sure they are and skated like that! Love them but not that much the Queen program

Hope better program for next season, I know Moskvina will come with some artistic challenge for them
She's got a real dilemma picking 4 programs for her teams, either of which could be on the Olympic podium. Going to be very interesting to see what she decides on for both of them.

Braulio

She's got a real dilemma picking 4 programs for her teams, either of which could be on the Olympic podium. Going to be very interesting to see what she decides on for both of them.

It could work for any of them to try to make a version of their own in a style similar of Mishkutenok/Dmitriev

Lilia A

Just as I suspected, the Canadians got an illegal element deduction. Too many turns on a lift? I thought so, but I'll have to re-watch.

Sylvia

TBD
FS protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2021/wtt2021/data0305.pdf

Pl.NameNationTSSTESPCSSSTRPECOINDed.StN.Team
Point
1Anastasia MISHINA
Aleksandr GALLIAMOV
rus.gif
RUS
151.5979.4372.168.958.959.009.209.000.00#612
2Alexa KNIERIM
Brandon FRAZIER
usa.gif
USA
133.6368.8364.808.207.908.008.208.200.00#311
3Riku MIURA
Ryuichi KIHARA
jpn.gif
JPN
130.8366.1164.728.207.858.158.208.050.00#410
4Nicole DELLA MONICA
Matteo GUARISE
ita.gif
ITA
128.2463.9264.328.207.807.958.208.050.00#59
5Cleo HAMON
Denys STREKALIN
fra.gif
FRA
104.8151.7354.086.856.606.657.006.701.00#28
6Lori-Ann MATTE
Thierry FERLAND
can.gif
CAN
101.8351.6752.166.656.356.356.706.552.00#17

Team Standings after Pairs FS:

RUS 103
USA 94
JPN 88
FRA 64
ITA 62
CAN 49

If JPN places 3rd/4th (19 points) and USA 5th/6th (15 points) in the Ladies FS, then silver/bronze would be:
USA 109
JPN 107

Braulio

mjb52

Bold of you to assume Simon knows how to pronounce any of the not-English names correctly

How is he with the French? He sounds like he's trying to show off his fancy (I assume) British education on those but no idea if it is actually correct.

mackiecat

That Canadian flag is much.

And by "much", I also have to ask... Who makes the choice to pack a huge flag that takes up a lot of space in your luggage for a trans-continental trip?
on Instagram, Nam said it takes up very little room. The pole collapses and the flag fold up quite small. Less room than the moose head. Normally Keegan brings it ( it belongs to him) but a Nam brought it this time.

yeslek

I don’t only because I think they have smaller throws (though still good) and she seems to struggle a lot more with sbs jumps. However, they have more of a connection for sure and are currently more engaging! I should add, I don’t know how old M/K are so they might have more long term potential because they will probably be around longer than K/F, unless K/F decide to stick around til 2026.
Yeah it’s easier to land small throws and jumps. Once they start making the throws bigger teams start to lose consistency

Colonel Green

And this is a 133 from the first group without any reputation built up yet.
While Alexa and Brandon don't have a reputation as a pair yet, they're both well-known individually from their prior partnerships, so I don't think they suffer from the same kind of reputation gap that up-and-coming teams normally do.

sk8nlizard

While Alexa and Brandon don't have a reputation as a pair yet, they're both well-known individually from their prior partnerships, so I don't think they suffer from the same kind of reputation gap that up-and-coming teams normally do.
I don’t think it hurts them as bad as it would a new team with partners that don’t have reputation from prior partnerships, but I do think they would have seen higher marks if they were in the 2nd warmup group here. Someone who know the rules better than me, why do many teams get L3 on the twist, is it the girl’s split that’s not achieved? Also, why do K/F consistently get L2 on their death spiral in the long? How are levels counted for that?

yeslek

I don’t think it hurts them as bad as it would a new team with partners that don’t have reputation from prior partnerships, but I do think they would have seen higher marks if they were in the 2nd warmup group here. Someone who know the rules better than me, why do many teams get L3 on the twist, is it the girl’s split that’s not achieved? Also, why do K/F consistently get L2 on their death spiral in the long? How are levels counted for that?
It didn’t look like they got enough revolutions to me on the death spiral from when they got into position. Probably just something they need to work on together but put off since the point value isn’t as high as other elements.

sk8nlizard

It didn’t look like they got enough revolutions to me on the death spiral from when they got into position. Probably just something they need to work on together but put off since the point value isn’t as high as other elements.
So, is it 1 rev for L1, 2 revs L2, 3 Revs L3, 4 for L4 or is there more to it?

Sylvia

TBD
why do many teams get L3 on the twist, is it the girl’s split that’s not achieved?
Yes. K/F had 3Tw4 (7.71 points) in their Worlds FS because the tech. panel counted Alexa's split feature.
Also, why do K/F consistently get L2 on their death spiral in the long?
They had BoDs3 in their Worlds FS.

Link to ISU's Pair Skating Technical Panel Handbook 2020-21: https://isu.org/figure-skating/rule...0-tp-handbook-pair-skating-2020-21-final/file

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information