2021 US Nationals Junior Pairs

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
They are new? Pretty good despite the two splats. Look much more advanced than earlier pairs.

Sayana_mnk

Serguei Zaitsev (coached Caitlin Fields/Ernie Utah Stevens) is listed as Cooke/Bearinger's coach in the event program - I haven't seen his name at Nationals in a while (still based in Indiana?). Their choreographers are based in Michigan.
Zaitsev coaches at the Detroit Skating Club now.

mjb52

I don't have the skills to know myself if this announcer is getting things right pronunciation wise but it feels like he is really trying, which I think is cool.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Oh, this yellow Belle dress is not good. Too yellow, not enough gold.

Karen-W

Way too many music cuts. And ending with the Ariana Grande/Jon Legend version of B&tB? No. No. No.

sk8nlizard

If they don’t split up or go back to Ukraine, they are The Future. Such polished presentation at such a young age.
They are great pair skaters however, her jumps concern me...her double axel in the short wasn’t even close and this program had a double sal and a double toe. I worry it’s going to be another typical US Pair...beautiful elements and can’t jump...I hope I’m wrong!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Nice program. They went mostly orchestral and didn't go for all the most obvious music cuts from Beauty and the Beast.

Karen-W

Nice program. They went mostly orchestral and didn't go for all the most obvious music cuts from Beauty and the Beast.
Yeah, but Ariana Grande/Jon Legend cover of the original Celine Dion/Peabody Bryson song? That's just all sorts of wrong, lol.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I think these two show a lot of promise too. There were some good elements in there.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
The last lift was simultaneously cool and scary. Still, I liked them. They had good flow, especially once then settled into the program.

Karen-W

I really love her dress. His is a little too on point for Aladdin but I can overlook it given how pretty her dress is.

Sylvia

TBD
FS protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2021/27989/SEGM014.html

GOLD Anastasiia Smirnova, Yarmouth Ice Club / Danil Siianytsia, All Year FSC 1 59.07 1 110.78 169.85
SILVER Isabelle Martins, Chicago FSC / Ryan Bedard, Northern Ice SC 2 52.14 2 95.88 148.02
BRONZE Valentina Plazas, Panthers FSC / Maximiliano Fernandez, Arctic FSC 4 47.04 3 90.22 137.26
PEWTER Catherine Rivers, Knoxville FSC / Timmy Chapman, Central Florida FSC 5 45.97 4 88.04 134.01
5 Sydney Cooke, Elite Edge SC / Keyton Bearinger, Detroit SC 3 48.61 5 82.78 131.39
6 Aleksandra Prudsky, SC of Houston / Daniel Tioumentsev, Dallas FSC 6 43.31 6 76.07 119.38
7 Haley Conrad, Dallas FSC / Kristofer Ogren, Kansas City FSC 8 34.54 7 62.78 97.32
8 Juliette Reed, Skokie Valley SC / Jordan Gillette, Skokie Valley SC 7 35.17 8 59.57 94.74

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information