2021 NFL Thread

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I feel like Sunday was topsy-turvy: The Jags defeat the Bills, the Broncos shut out the Cowboys in Dallas, the Titans absolutely clobbering the Rams in LA and without Henry?? Kind of a shocking day to say the least.

Mahomes only looked like Mahomes on the last play of the game. The Chiefs are struggling but the Packers struggled more without Aaron.
Maybe the rest of the league is catching on to how the Chiefs and Mahomes play the way that they caught on to how the 49ers dominated with Colin Kaepernick several years ago?

And my Saints lost on the final play with 2 seconds to go to the Falcons... :wuzrobbed

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Maybe the rest of the league is catching on to how the Chiefs and Mahomes play the way that they caught on to how the 49ers dominated with Colin Kaepernick several years ago?

And my Saints lost on the final play with 2 seconds to go to the Falcons... :wuzrobbed
I was listening to a radio show yesterday where they were talking about that very thing. Saying that Mahomes and the offense really haven't changed and grown - and others can better defend them now. I am "no technic" so can't assess the reality of that myself. However it seems to make sense.

When the Jaguars beat the Bills.....better grab your winter gear because I think hell is freezing over! :lol:

Are the Bears leading the league in penalties now? Count on the Bears to establish a leading record in something LOL! At least Justin Fields shows flashes of exciting stuff. It should be fun to watch him develop. Penalties surely beat them last night. I know there were a couple of questionable calls - that happens. So many of the rest of the penalties were just lack of dicipline.

Cachoo

I was listening to a radio show yesterday where they were talking about that very thing. Saying that Mahomes and the offense really haven't changed and grown - and others can better defend them now. I am "no technic" so can't assess the reality of that myself. However it seems to make sense.

When the Jaguars beat the Bills.....better grab your winter gear because I think hell is freezing over! :lol:

Are the Bears leading the league in penalties now? Count on the Bears to establish a leading record in something LOL! At least Justin Fields shows flashes of exciting stuff. It should be fun to watch him develop. Penalties surely beat them last night. I know there were a couple of questionable calls - that happens. So many of the rest of the penalties were just lack of dicipline.
After many years the Bears have a franchise quarterback. He is exciting to watch. I could not believe some of the penalties last night.
Defenses are getting smarter about defending Mahomes. They consistently double team his best receivers. That makes a difference. But Mahomes is still uncomfortable in the pocket. You don’t want him to lose the way he can create plays as you are urging him to more traditional quarterback practices.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I feel like Sunday was topsy-turvy: The Jags defeat the Bills, the Broncos shut out the Cowboys in Dallas, the Titans absolutely clobbering the Rams in LA and without Henry?? Kind of a shocking day to say the least.

Mahomes only looked like Mahomes on the last play of the game. The Chiefs are struggling but the Packers struggled more without Aaron.
Add to that the Cardinals beat the 49rs in SF, without their starting QB (Murray) key receiver (Hopkins) and another key player AJ Green). They are 8-1 now. Who would have predicted this?

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Week 11 - the cRaZy unexpected results continue!!!! 😜😜😜

Im just hoping that Team Brady has their act together tonight. Beacause I have totally given up on the Bears. I have been feeling sympathy for Detroit - it’s got to be frustrating being the only winless team. But good news for them - the Bears are coming!!! :lol:

I had almost decided that Tennessee would be my back up to the backup team to root for if the Bucs fall off (I like Vrabel). Then look what happened yesterday. :drama: I’m beginning to think I really might have some sort of jinxing power that I was previously unaware of! :p

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Week 11 - the cRaZy unexpected results continue!!!! 😜😜😜

Im just hoping that Team Brady has their act together tonight. Beacause I have totally given up on the Bears. I have been feeling sympathy for Detroit - it’s got to be frustrating being the only winless team. But good news for them - the Bears are coming!!! :lol:

I had almost decided that Tennessee would be my back up to the backup team to root for if the Bucs fall off (I like Vrabel). Then look what happened yesterday. :drama: I’m beginning to think I really might have some sort of jinxing power that I was previously unaware of! :p
Oh, do please go ahead and jinx the Evil Empire South aka TB.

Debbie S

I used to think I had jinxing power over U.S. pairs teams (every pair I became a fan of fizzled). But then a coach at my rink pointed out that all U.S. pairs teams fizzle.

Sorry about the loss the Ravens handed the Bears, but with the Bengals winning yesterday, we couldn't afford another loss. ;)

Doggygirl

Banned Member
I used to think I had jinxing power over U.S. pairs teams (every pair I became a fan of fizzled). But then a coach at my rink pointed out that all U.S. pairs teams fizzle.

Sad, but good point! :lol:
Sorry about the loss the Ravens handed the Bears, but with the Bengals winning yesterday, we couldn't afford another loss. ;)
I’ve totally given up on the Bears, so go Ravens! I love watching Lamar Jackson play. It’s too bad he was not in the game yesterday ( hope he is OK!). The Bears would have lost by a million points and Nagy would have been fired on the spot, which most think needs to happen anyway.

So…. GO BUCS! (let the jinxing begin! :lol: )

Doggygirl

Banned Member
LOL - someone with more jinxing juju than I have must have been rooting for the Giants last night. :lol:

And....Nagy is fired mid-season. I guess this is the first time in Bears history for a mid-season head coach termination.

ETA: Interesting - the Nagy news was reported in the local Patch, but I'm not seeing it yet on national news. So who knows... The Patch reported quoted an un-named source who said Nagy was informed on Monday that the Thursday Lions game will be his last. Not sure if that's the smartest way to go about a termination....but what has been "smart" about the Bears management this year? (or some would say, any year??)

ETA2: Now CBS Sports is reporting it, however they are referencing the reporter from the Patch. So still not 100% convinced.
ETA3: I wonder if Mark Konkol's sources are as good as the sources here at FSU????? :p :lol:

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Bears / Nagy latest:

Tuesday late morning press conference: Nagy denies the rumors - says he is staying focused on the next game.
Tuesday afternoon: Nagy supposedly has a meeting with TPTB, then cancels the rest of his meetings for the afternoon / evening.
No word at all from TPTB on Tuesday to clarify the situation.
Wednesday: McCaskey (owner) finally meets with team to say that the rumors are false - that Nagy is NOT being terminated on Thursday. (what took him so long, if the report was false?????)

Things still seem a bit cRaZy in Dodge....

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Well Brady didn't like losing last night.

Walked up to Saints coach at one time and reportedly said eff you. Then after he threw an interception threw a surface pro tablet, shattering it.
I can understand his frustration, but I never like to see bad sportsmanship. There just is no excuse - these are grown men. Go home and throw something if you need to.

Fiero425

I can understand his frustration, but I never like to see bad sportsmanship. There just is no excuse - these are grown men. Go home and throw something if you need to.

I couldn't have enjoyed the game more than if the score was even more lopsided! I get so tired of "The GOAT" talk with Brady! The team wins with him, but if they lose, it's everyone else's fault! Skip Bayless slurps him up and down every single day! :confused: :eek::p

Debbie S

Harbaugh clearly didn't learn his lesson 2 weeks ago. Again, the Ravens lose by 1 point by choosing (and failing) to go for 2 rather than kick the extra point to tie and go to OT.

And with half the starters injured and the other half on YKW reserve (only slightly exaggerating), the next few weeks don't look good. :(

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I couldn't have enjoyed the game more than if the score was even more lopsided! I get so tired of "The GOAT" talk with Brady! The team wins with him, but if they lose, it's everyone else's fault! Skip Bayless slurps him up and down every single day! :confused: :eek::p
Sorry for the double post, but how tremendous that the final score was 9 -0, with #9 Drew Brees on the pregame commentary team for NBC. :D First shutout for a team TB was quarterbacking since 2006, and happens to keep a Drew Brees NFL record intact.

And happy holidays to us all!!!!

Fiero425

Harbaugh clearly didn't learn his lesson 2 weeks ago. Again, the Ravens lose by 1 point by choosing (and failing) to go for 2 rather than kick the extra point to tie and go to OT.

And with half the starters injured and the other half on YKW reserve (only slightly exaggerating), the next few weeks don't look good. :(

Which is why he's been going for 2 so desperately to get it over with! Still in 8th place! Most of the commentating I've seen on ESPN and Fox Sports has been in favor of "going for it!" The team needs to get their div. wins up! Cincy's killing it on the road! They deserve being the leader of the North! Slowly the AFC has become a little average with more super teams in the NFC! I grew up with the SB winners coming from the NFC, but the AFC had more super teams like Buffalo back in the day, Indy, Denver, KC, & NE; even Jacksonville with Brunnel! :40beers: :D:scream::):)

Fiero425

Dr. Angelou was spot on - "When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." This sure AF ain't the first time with this one.
There are no saints out there! I've always thought Brady a fraud, but nothing's stuck to him so far; even with all the scandals while back in NE! :confused: :scream::barrel:wall:

Fiero425

Well Brady didn't like losing last night.

Walked up to Saints coach at one time and reportedly said eff you. Then after he threw an interception threw a surface pro tablet, shattering it.

Even that "toss" went wayward and missed the mark! :p:scream::40beers:;) :duh::judge:

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I love that I"m not the only one in this thread not enthralled by Tom Brady!!

(that said, Go Cowboys!)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Antonio Brown :eek::scream::yikes:😡
Something new today?

Honestly-his vaccination thing was probably worse than Rodgers. But three game suspension vs a relatively small fine seems a bit OTT

Then a melt down for not being allowed to play compared to the golden God throwing a piece of equipment. Fired vs a "don't do that again or we may have to fine you, maybe"

Methinks there's a bit of white guy privilege here.

Cachoo

Something new today?

Honestly-his vaccination thing was probably worse than Rodgers. But three game suspension vs a relatively small fine seems a bit OTT

Then a melt down for not being allowed to play compared to the golden God throwing a piece of equipment. Fired vs a "don't do that again or we may have to fine you, maybe"

Methinks there's a bit of white guy privilege here.
Well his striptease and quitting the team during the game was off the charts. I don't think I've ever witnessed that in the NFL. He clearly needs help.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Well his striptease and quitting the team during the game was off the charts. I don't think I've ever witnessed that in the NFL. He clearly needs help.
I thought there was something beyond Sunday's event.

Yes I agree that he has problems, but I still look to so disparities in how the quarterbacks were treated

Cachoo

I thought there was something beyond Sunday's event.

Yes I agree that he has problems, but I still look to so disparities in how the quarterbacks were treated
I guess it wasn't really that surprising. I'd worry more if it was someone else besides Antonio. He has a history of treating people badly and so I can't feel that concerned for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information