2021 NFL Thread

myhoneyhoney

People say Hubby kinda looks like Brady so I guess I'm rooting for Bucs too.

My Niners have the prettiest QB but yeesh, he gets injured All The Time.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Since this is a figure skating forum after all, can we talk uniforms for a moment? Who on earth is designing the uniforms for NFL teams these days? There are way more bad ones than good ones IMO. Let's start with what the Seahawks were wearing last night. Head to toe neon lime green pajamas. :eek: :yikes: Mr. Doggy commented that it looked like a bunch of giant buggars running around out there! :lol: Rams weren't much better with off-white shirts that looked like they'd been through 100 washes in my hard water.

Tragic I tell you!! :drama: :lol:

The Bears may suck, but at least they look good doing it! :glamor:

Fiero425

Since this is a figure skating forum after all, can we talk uniforms for a moment? Who on earth is designing the uniforms for NFL teams these days? There are way more bad ones than good ones IMO. Let's start with what the Seahawks were wearing last night. Head to toe neon lime green pajamas. :eek: :yikes: Mr. Doggy commented that it looked like a bunch of giant buggars running around out there! :lol: Rams weren't much better with off-white shirts that looked like they'd been through 100 washes in my hard water.

Tragic I tell you!! :drama: :lol:

The Bears may suck, but at least they look good doing it! :glamor:

Speaking of the Bears, there was some controversy that was brewing for Jon Gruden! I kept catching the end of segments saying he had to go, but it wasn't until I just looked to find what it was all about! According to an article, "Jon Gruden resigns as LV Raiders HC - The resignation comes in the wake of a NY Times report that Gruden used misogynistic & anti-gay language in numerous emails over 7-yrs." I'm shocked to $#!t! Some say it was well known, but not to me! I was drooling after the guy back in the days of his being an asst. in Phili! I can't be more disappointed hearing this about him! WOW! :confused::wall::judge:

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Speaking of the Bears, there was some controversy that was brewing for Jon Gruden! I kept catching the end of segments saying he had to go, but it wasn't until I just looked to find what it was all about! According to an article, "Jon Gruden resigns as LV Raiders HC - The resignation comes in the wake of a NY Times report that Gruden used misogynistic & anti-gay language in numerous emails over 7-yrs." I'm shocked to $#!t! Some say it was well known, but not to me! I was drooling after the guy back in the days of his being an asst. in Phili! I can't be more disappointed hearing this about him! WOW! :confused::wall::judge:
And racist language as well, though he protests, of course, that he is not a racist.

caseyedwards

Why should he not be allowed to be a football coach anymore and to have all his accomplishments erased? It’s too far!

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Why should he not be allowed to be a football coach anymore and to have all his accomplishments erased? It’s too far!
As I understand it, the entire email communication has not and will not be released, just the tone. Plus the Washington Football Team/Organization has had some serious charges levied against the climate of the work environment.

I have to believe it is all related. The legal implications may be the reason.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
As I understand it, the entire email communication has not and will not be released, just the tone. Plus the Washington Football Team/Organization has had some serious charges levied against the climate of the work environment.

I have to believe it is all related. The legal implications may be the reason.
Bruce Allen, formerly of the WFT, is the son of former coach George Allen (Sr.) and the brother of former VA Governor and Senator George Allen (Jr.) of racist "macaca" fame. Surely no racism or other loathsome behavior possible in that situation involving the organization of that team whose former racist nickname shall remain unwritten.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Gruden's e-mails were bad enough. And what about the other NFL executives/operatives that RECEIVED these e-mails and apparently thought they were OK? Maybe some of the recipients responded back to Gruden about the offensive nature of his messages. But nothing like that has been mentioned by the people who have reported about the emails. So...I sadly assume Gruden is just one small cog in a much larger wheel - a culture of racism, misogyny and homophobia. Very sad. I hope some positive change can come out of all this.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
ITA @Doggygirl . The NFL came out and said they reviewed the emails and no one else engaged in that language. AS IF! They are being appropriately roasted on Twitter.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
ITA @Doggygirl . The NFL came out and said they reviewed the emails and no one else engaged in that language. AS IF! They are being appropriately roasted on Twitter.

I suspect the outing of Gruden's e-mails is like pulling a loose thread on a sweater. I think the sweater is going to start falling apart. I think more will be revealed. I think "when" rather than "if."

NFL: "there are no other inappropriate emails..."

New York Times: "we'll see about that..."

Brandon Staley (Chargers HC) has thoroughly impressed me with his comments on this, as well as other things in the NFL. For anyone reading here who hasn't heard him speak on various issues, here is a link to get you started. He is definitely worth a listen IMHO! https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/10/14/22725796/jon-gruden-emails-chargers-brandon-staley

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
My Arizona Cardinals are 6-0, after beating the Cleveland Browns 37-14.

ETA - The Cowboys-Patriots game was wild! I switched to out after the Cardinals game ended. I was happy that Dallas won in OT. Dak Prescott was awesome. He brought back the team that made so many mistakes.

Last edited:

Cachoo

Henry Ruggs is in so much trouble but at least he has his life. I can't say the same for the woman (and her dog.) Just a tragic situation...

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Henry Ruggs is in so much trouble but at least he has his life. I can't say the same for the woman (and her dog.) Just a tragic situation...
It is so tragic all the way around. It goes without saying that the woman certainly did not deserve to lose her life. And her loved ones' lives are also changed forever. And I wouldn't want to live in Ruggs' shoes either. I know a woman who is now many years into recovery from alcoholism who killed someone with her car. As she tells it, her time in prison was the easiest of the ways she has paid. She takes full responsibility for her actions, and her life and her loved ones lives were forever changed as well. Just tragedy and loss all the way around. (Please understand I am in no way minimizing loss of life, or comparing the loss of life to a life of extreme guilt and regret. Only saying that everyone in this situation loses in one way or another - and none of it needed to happen. So very, very tragically sad.) :wuzrobbed

Cachoo

It is so tragic all the way around. It goes without saying that the woman certainly did not deserve to lose her life. And her loved ones' lives are also changed forever. And I wouldn't want to live in Ruggs' shoes either. I know a woman who is now many years into recovery from alcoholism who killed someone with her car. As she tells it, her time in prison was the easiest of the ways she has paid. She takes full responsibility for her actions, and her life and her loved ones lives were forever changed as well. Just tragedy and loss all the way around. (Please understand I am in no way minimizing loss of life, or comparing the loss of life to a life of extreme guilt and regret. Only saying that everyone in this situation loses in one way or another - and none of it needed to happen. So very, very tragically sad.) :wuzrobbed
I would least like to be in Rugg's shoes. Prison and a life forever altered for taking a life. And driving 156 mph on a residential street??? (on ANY street.) That poor woman did not have a chance.

Fiero425

I awoke this morning to hear, see, and digest that Aaron Rodgers considered himself immunized from Cov-19, but now found to have LIED to all concerned! He supposedly had some kind of alterative, but it had not been approved to be enough so he and the team are in trouble after his maneuvering around other players and press conferences without a mask! What a douche! Just another reason to have complete disgust with the self-entitled persona of Rodgers! So far he's only to miss game against Kansas City Sunday, but more punitive measures should and will occur! :confused: :rolleyes::wall::blah::argue:

- Aaron Rodgers considered himself ‘immunized’ with vaccine alternative -

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I awoke this morning to hear, see, and digest that Aaron Rodgers considered himself immunized from Cov-19, but now found to have LIED to all concerned! He supposedly had some kind of alterative, but it had not been approved to be enough so he and the team are in trouble after his maneuvering around other players and press conferences without a mask! What a douche! Just another reason to have complete disgust with the self-entitled persona of Rodgers! So far he's only to miss game against Kansas City Sunday, but more punitive measures should and will occur! :confused: :rolleyes::wall::blah::argue:

- Aaron Rodgers considered himself ‘immunized’ with vaccine alternative -
But as I understand it, the backup quarterback also has C0vid, and they are scrambling to determine who will start on Sunday

Cachoo

Every year now either Mahomes or Aaron is injured when they are scheduled to play. I am rather amused watching Aaron twist himself into knots over his latest hullabaloo. He is a brilliant QB. He is also a smug narcissist imho. I am tired of his antics.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I personally think Aaron is tired of football. And I do wonder what the Hollywood lights (wanting jeopardy gig, the new fiance, etc) has played into his behavior.

Fiero425

I personally think Aaron is tired of football. And I do wonder what the Hollywood lights (wanting jeopardy gig, the new fiance, etc) has played into his behavior.

How serious could he be if auditioning for another job he had no hope of getting? He sounded like a real goofball hosting Jeapardy! :confused:

Debbie S

Not getting vaccinated is one thing; lying about it and violating protocols and putting others at risk is another. He/the team should absolutely be fined or whatever consequences the NFL put in place. They fined the Ravens last year, there is precedent.

As for the Ravens, they looked bad today. Asleep in the first half and racking up the penalties at critical moments in OT. Thanks to Tucker (and Le'Veon Bell, who'da thunk it), they pulled out an OT win but if they were playing a top team, they would have been buried by halftime.

I'm not sure what to think about our chances the rest of the season. :fragile:

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Banned Member
@Debbie S Jackson sure is exciting to watch! I was glad they won today. (Bears fan, with Tampa as my backup LOL! Because Bears fans NEED a backup!). I was shocked that MN didn’t go for 2 after their last touchdown. I wonder if someone is losing sleep over that decision tonight. To me, it seemed like a smaller risk to go for 2 than to hope for everything that needs to go your way in OT. But I guess that’s why I’m not a coach! :D

Last edited:

Cachoo

I feel like Sunday was topsy-turvy: The Jags defeat the Bills, the Broncos shut out the Cowboys in Dallas, the Titans absolutely clobbering the Rams in LA and without Henry?? Kind of a shocking day to say the least.

Mahomes only looked like Mahomes on the last play of the game. The Chiefs are struggling but the Packers struggled more without Aaron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information