2021-2022 New/Returning TV Shows

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
2021-2022 New/Returning TV Shows Discussion Thread

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday September 19/2021 - Saturday September 25/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...the-new-and-returning-tv-shows?pv=nsp;2566590

Sunday, September 19
Girl Meets Farm Season 9 - Food - 11 a.m.
The 73rd Emmy Awards - CBS - 8 p.m.
MUHAMMAD ALI - PBS - 8 p.m. (Docuseries)
Halloween Wars Season 11 - Food - 9 p.m.
FIASCO - Epix - 10 p.m. (Reality)

Monday, September 20
TEENAGE EUTHANASIA - Adult Swim - 12:01 a.m. (Adult Animation)
Dancing with the Stars Season 30 - ABC - 8 p.m.
911 Season 5 - Fox - 8 p.m.
The Neighborhood Season 4 - CBS - 8 p.m.
The Voice Season 21 - NBC - 8 p.m.
Bob (Hearts) Abishola Season 3 - CBS - 8:30 p.m.
THE BIG LEAP - Fox - 9 p.m. (Dramedy)
NCIS Season 19 - CBS - 9 p.m.
NCIS: HAWAII - CBS - 10 p.m. (Crime Drama)
ORDINARY JOE - NBC - 10 p.m. (Drama)
I Was a Teenage Felon Season 2 - Vice - 10 p.m.

Tuesday, September 21
Love on the Spectrum Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
The Resident Season 5 - Fox - 8 p.m.
FBI Season 4 - CBS - 8 p.m.
The Voice (Time Slot Premiere) - NBC - 8 p.m.
FBI: Most Wanted Season 3 - CBS - 9 p.m.
OUR KIND OF PEOPLE - Fox - (Drama)
FBI: INTERNATIONAL - CBS - 10 p.m. (Crime Drama)
New Amsterdam Season 4 - NBC - 10 p.m.

Wednesday, September 22
JAGUAR - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
LAST CHANCE TRANSPLANT - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
MONSTERS INSIDE: THE 24 FACES OF BILL MILLIGAN - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
STAR WARS VISIONS - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m. (Anime)
Chicago Med Season 7 - NBC - 8 p.m.
The Goldbergs Season 9 - ABC - 8 p.m.
The Masked Singer Season 6 - Fox - 8 p.m.
Survivor Season 41 - CBS - 8 p.m.
THE WONDER YEARS - ABC - 8:30 p.m. (Drama)
ALTER EGO - Fox - 9 p.m. (Singing Competition)
Chicago Fire Season 10 - NBC - 9 p.m.
The Conners Season 4 - ABC - 9 p.m.
DR. MERCY - TLC - 9 p.m. (Reality)
Home Economics Season 2 (Time Slot Premiere) - ABC - 9:31 p.m.
A Million Little Things Season 4 - ABC - 10 p.m.
Chicago P.D. Season 9 - NBC - 10 p.m.

Thursday, September 23
Code 404 Season 2 - Peacock - 3:01 a.m.
Creepshow Season 3 - Shudder - 3:01 a.m.
Doom Patrol Season 3 - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
Law & Order: SVU Season 23 (Two-Hour Premiere) - NBC - 8 p.m.
Law & Order: Organized Crime Season 2 - NBC - 10 p.m.

Friday, September 24
FOUNDATION - Apple TV+ - 12:01 a.m. (Drama)
Blood and Water Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
CURSE OF THE CHIPPENDALES - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
GANGLANDS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
JAILBIRDS NEW ORLEANS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
MIDNIGHT MASS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
VENDETTA: TRUTH, LIES AND THE MAFIA - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Dateline Season 30 - NBC - 9 p.m.

Saturday, September 25
AMC Visionaries: Eli Roth's History of Horror Season 3 - AMC+ - 3:01 a.m.
Trisha's Southern Kitchen Season 17 - Food - 12 p.m.
Deadly Debutante (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
Taking The Reins (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 9 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed.

sk8pics

Big week next week! I have to hurry up and watch all the various Star Trek incarnations I recorded a couple weeks ago on a BBC America marathon.

Cachoo

Well my guilty pleasure is on tonight: God help me....."Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making the Team." I am impressed with what they can do and also flummoxed why trained dancers want to be on a team that pays pennies and holds them to Victorian era standards.

Also the Food Channel's holiday baking contests are in swing. Halloween here we come.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
So excited that most of my shows come back next week (Chicago PD! 💖 The Goldbergs! L&O:SVU and OC!) and I'm actually going to check out Ordinary Joe on Monday night (I'm intrigued enough by the concept and I like the cast). Bummed I have to wait a couple more weeks for NCIS:LA but all things considered, that wait isn't too bad overall. It's definitely weird not to see TIU listed in that group for next week but it will actually be very nice to watch their final season later on without all the annoying interruptions. Bring on the new TV!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

PeterG

American Ninja Warrior Junior already started it's new season on the Peacock streaming service. Since the regular version of ANW just finished, I thought I'd at least have the Junior version to watch for my withdrawal. :lol: But I think last year it was on the Family Network in Canada and now it's only streaming. Blah.

2021-2022 New/Returning TV Shows Discussion Thread

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday September 19/2021 - Saturday September 25/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2569652/2021-fall-tv-premiere-date-schedule-all-the-new-and-returning-tv-shows?pv=nsp;2566590

THE BIG LEAP - Fox - 9 p.m. (Dramedy)

I like the premise of The Big Leap, a comedy drama with a diverse group of people in a dance reality TV program. Not much star power though, with just Scott Foley and Piper Perabo being the cast member whose names I recognize. Hope it's more fun than that show a year or two ago about a high school fighting to keep it's drama department. That one was depressing as heck.

ORDINARY JOE - NBC - 10 p.m. (Drama)

Now this one has some star power. The hunky James Wolk, Natalie Martinez (Under The Dome, The Crossing), Charlie Barnett (Chicago Fire), David Warshofsky (who has been in a million things), Adam Rodriguez (Criminal Minds) and Jack Coleman (the original Dynasty). I like the premise of looking at a man's life after one moment where he could make a number of choices and how his life moves in three different directions based on the choice he made. But it looks like all three timelines involve all the same characters. I would have preferred three different casts for each timeline (with maybe some overlap now and then, depending on each story). But I'm hopeful for this one.

Susan1

Did anybody finish watching Big Sky? I lost interest after the girls were rescued. That was how the first book in the series ended. I don't think I watched the last 3-4 episodes. In the 4th book?, she caught the trucker and had to kill the sheriff. Obviously not a spoiler for the t.v. show, since he's still out there. I didn't like the violence but I kept reading each one to see what happened. Now there will be a new book in the series in 2022, Treasure State. It will be 3 years. He's written 3 Joe Pickett books in between. Back to t.v. - Big Sky starts again next week. My DVR picked it up. I guess I'll watch.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I enjoyed Ordinary Joe enough to keep watching for now. The concept definitely takes some getting used to but I really like the cast and it's worth another episode in my eyes. :)

I LOVED The Goldbergs tribute to George Segal tonight. It started off making me laugh a LOT (Bev's singing in the bar :lol: ) and the next thing I knew I was crying and couldn't stop. It was SOOO well done. :fragile:

Japanfan

Season 5 of 'This is Us' was supposed to air in Canada this month, but it hasn't and I haven't heard anything more about it. It's not airing on Netflix due to some sort of Network squabble. It is is available on Prime Video for a price and I may have to just pay it.

I got to the show late in the game due to only recently getting Netflix, and I am have hooked - have already watched the first four seasons twice.

PeterG

Season 5 of 'This is Us' was supposed to air in Canada this month, but it hasn't and I haven't heard anything more about it. It's not airing on Netflix due to some sort of Network squabble. It is is available on Prime Video for a price and I may have to just pay it.

I got to the show late in the game due to only recently getting Netflix, and I am have hooked - have already watched the first four seasons twice.

Season six debuts January 4th 2022.

PeterG

I am SO mad that
Toni Braxton
got kicked off The Masked Singer tonight. I haven't seen the other performances, but I looked for spoilers to see which basketball player got kicked off. But Pufferfish going home so early? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PeterG

Our Kind Of People is the new Fox drama that is a black version of (one part) Dynasty and (two parts) Revenge. I love the cast: Yaya DaCosta (Chicago Med), Morris Chestnut, Joe Morton, Debbi Morgan (Eve's Bayou, All My Children) and L. Scott Caldwell (Rose on Lost). The show is a bit campy, a bit dramatic...and maybe should have tried to be one or the other. I'm not sure the director of this episode (Tasha Smith) is quite up to the task of kicking off a new series. Someone more experienced might have been a better pick, as Smith has more credits as an actress than as a director (about ten episodes of various TV shows). Not sure this is one I will watch again. It's kind of the show you'd watch and enjoy while flipping channels on vacation, but not continue with when you get back home.

On Netflix? So Season 5 didn't/won't air on Netflix Canada?

Season six is the upcoming season. It airs on CTV in Canada, and NBC in the U.S.

ETA: Sorry, I see that you are interested in last season. You don't have basic cable? I checked the local libraries, they only have the first three seasons on DVD. So it might be the Prime is the way to go? (I doubt both Netflix and Prime would have the same show.)

Last edited:

Japanfan

Season six is the upcoming season. It airs on CTV in Canada, and NBC in the U.S.

ETA: Sorry, I see that you are interested in last season. You don't have basic cable? I checked the local libraries, they only have the first three seasons on DVD. So it might be the Prime is the way to go? (I doubt both Netflix and Prime would have the same show.)
Yes, I have basic cable. But when I search for the show, I get directed to Netflix.

Maybe it's because I'm watching the show at least one year after last season, and it's no longer available on CTV?

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday September 26/2021 - Saturday October 02/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...the-new-and-returning-tv-shows?pv=nsp;2566590

Sunday, September 26
The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 2 - AMC+ - 3:01 a.m.
The 74th Tony Awards - Paramount+ - 7 p.m.
Celebrity Wheel of Fortune Season 2 (New Day) - ABC - 8 p.m.
The Simpsons Season 33 - Fox - 8 p.m.
A Professor's Vengeance (TV Movie) - LMN - 8 p.m.
The Great North Season 2 - Fox - 8:30 p.m.
Bob's Burgers Season 12 - Fox - 9 p.m.
BMF - Starz - 9 p.m. (Drama)
Supermarket Sweep Season 2 (Time Slot Premiere) - ABC - 9 p.m.
The Tony Awards Present: Broadway’s Back! - CBS - 9 p.m.
Family Guy Season 19 - Fox - 9:30 p.m.
The Rookie Season 4 - ABC - 10 p.m.
NUCLEAR FAMILY - HBO - 10 p.m. (Docuseries)

Monday, September 27
Midsomer Murders Season 22 - Acorn TV - 3:01 a.m.
CHOCOLATE MELTDOWN - Food - 10 p.m. (Reality)
The Good Doctor Season 5 - ABC - 10 p.m.

Tuesday, September 28
ADA TWIST, SCIENTIST - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
FBI: International (Time Slot Premiere) - CBS - 9 p.m.
LA BREA - NBC - 9 p.m. (Drama)
FBI: Most Wanted (Time Slot Premiere) - CBS - 10 p.m.

Wednesday, September 29
THE CHESTNUT MAN - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
Meateater Season 10 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
HOUSES WITH HISTORY - HGTV - 9 p.m. (Reality)
RHODES TO THE TOP - TNT - 10 p.m. (Reality)
NEIGHBORHOOD WARS - A&E - 10:30 p.m. (Reality)

Thursday, September 30
THE PROBLEM WITH JON STEWART - Apple TV+ - 3:01 a.m. (Current Affairs)
GOOD GRIEF - Sundance Now - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)
LUNA PARK - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo Season 2 - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
TEN-YEAR-OLD TOM - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
THE WAY DOWN PART 1 - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
YABBA-DABBA DINOSAURS! - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
Station 19 Season 5 - ABC - 8 p.m.
Grey's Anatomy Season 18 - ABC - 9 p.m.
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit Season 23 (Time Slot Premiere) - NBC - 9 p.m.
Big Sky Season 2 - ABC - 10 p.m.
Dave Season 5 - FXX - 10 p.m.

Friday, October 1
ALL OR NOTHING: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS - Amazon - 12:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Welcome To The Blumhouse Season 2 - Amazon - 12:01 a.m.
Cops Season 33 - Fox Nation - 3:01 a.m.
Extraordinary Stories Behind Everyday Things Season 2 - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m.
IN WITH THE OLD - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
MAID (Limited Series) - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
PAIK'S SPIRIT - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
SCAREDY CATS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Comedy)
Seven Deadly Sins Season 6 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
SINISTER SECT - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Penn & Teller: Fool Us Season 8 - The CW - 8 p.m.
S.W.A.T. Season 5 - CBS - 8 p.m.
Magnum P.I. Season 4 - CBS - 9 p.m.
Selling The Big Easy Season 2 - HGTV - 9 p.m.
GHOST AND MOLLY MCGEE - Disney - 9:35 p.m. (Children's Animation)
AMC Visionaries Season 3 - AMC - 10 p.m.
Blue Bloods Season 12 - CBS - 10 p.m.
ZOMBIES: ADDISON'S MONSTER MYSTERY - Disney - 10:04 p.m. (Children's Animation)
The Graham Norton Show Season 29 - BBC America - 11 p.m.

Saturday, October 2
THE HAUNTED MUSEUM - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
Amphibia Season 3 - Disney - 9:30 a.m.
TRIPLE DIGIT FLIP - A&E - 12 p.m. (Reality)
Frankie Drake Mysteries Season 4 - Ovation - 7 p.m.
The Good Father (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
Side Hustle Season 2 - Nickelodeon - 8 p.m.
Love Strikes Twice (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 9 p.m.
Saturday Night Live Season 47 - NBC - 11:29 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed.

PeterG

Yes, I have basic cable. But when I search for the show, I get directed to Netflix.

Maybe it's because I'm watching the show at least one year after last season, and it's no longer available on CTV?

I'd guess so. Maybe you can get Prime free for a week and binge the entire season in 7 days? 😲😲😲

PeterG

Watched the first episode of The Masked Singer…and it’s the best first episode ever. All five contestants could actually sing. Shame that Octopus and (especially) Mother Nature went home. I’m sure it didn’t help Mother Nature to have her slamming a hammer onto the heads of woodland critters. The audience gasped even though the hammer was made of Styrofoam. I sure hope the second group doesn’t have politicians and athletes who can barely sing. Not after three good singers just got sent home.

PeterG

Nobody's watching TV? :( I've been waiting for others to post in this thread as I hate seeing my posts back to back (to back). Oh well, maybe I'll hit on something others will share their thoughts about.

I'll start with Survivor. So happy it's back! Thought the two-hour premiere was fantastic. What an amazing sh**-show of a first challenge with the blue team rowing for who knows how long with not one of the six people on their boat having any idea their boat was chained up to an anchor! :lol: And the yellow team couldn't even get their race car out of park! :eek:

Wild to see the show move from 39 days down to just 26. Will two tribes vote out someone every episode? Wow! And nobody got rice...I didn't see anyone win rice at the immunity challenge either. Food or drink-wise, all I saw was one team drinking from some green round fruit. Is Survivor sponsored by SlimFast this season?

I saw shocked to see two people isolate themselves from blue and yellow teams by choosing to do the punishment challenge. Letting the other four in their tribes to talk, build connections and possibly strategize...against the two who allowed themselves to become the outsiders. I NEVER would have separated myself from the rest of the tribe.

I was disappointed (but not surprised) when Jeff involved himself in the challenges, not once, not twice, but THREE times:

1. When the yellow team was looking for their sixth (final) paddle, one person started to climb the ladder to the area where Jeff was standing. Jeff directed the person to look elsewhere by saying, "it's not up here...I promise you".

2. When the blue team was about to win in the first challenge, Shan was struggled to detach the winning piece of flint from the hanging rope. I guess Jeff wanted a dramatic finish, because he yellowed to Shan to "PULL ON IT". With Jeff's helpful nudge, the blue team then won that first challenge.

3. During the immunity challenge, the blue team was in last place and had to correct the error of the bag falling off the stand. When they moved the wooden shelf of puzzle piece bags, they stopped in confusion, not knowing what to do. Jeff instructed them to "get them in the sled"! The blue team did what Jeff directed them to do and ended up catching up and winning the challenge. Jeff proved very helpful with this team pulling out the win.

This made me think of the event where Evgeni Plushenko lost to Emanuel Sandhu when he forgot that he could do one more jump and that would have given him the win. I think it was the Grand Prix Final. If only a judge had helped out like Jeff does and hollered at Plushenko to throw in one last jump! :lol:

Anybody else happy with the return of Survivor?

jeffisjeff

Nobody's watching TV? :( I've been waiting for others to post in this thread as I hate seeing my posts back to back (to back).
I've started watching Midnight Mass on Netflix, mostly because I like Zach Gilford and have since FNL. Unfortunately, as he ages so do I, so he hasn't gotten any more age appropriate. :lol:

Anyway, I have watched a few episodes so far and like it, but I figured out early on about the new priest being a younger version of the old priest and I am guessing that we'll see something similar happen to some of the other characters given that I recognize some of the actors and it seems they are playing characters that are noticeably older than they are. It still keeps me interested though.

PeterG

Just watched NCIS: Hawai'i. The fourth in the NCIS franchise. I only watched because it stars Alex Tarrant, who was on the incredible Australian/New Zealand drama 800 Words. NCIS: Hawai'i does exactly what it's supposed to. A well-produced police procedural with an interesting story and talented cast. Not sure if all the NCIS casts look like models, but boy, do they bring the pretty. Vanessa Lachey does a decent job as the lead and the rest of the cast do what is needed of them. But the script is full of recycled dialogue that makes you think there should be a drinking game where you have to take a shot every time you hear dialogue that's been used on one or more shows before. So originiality is not in play much here. In addition to the beauty that is Tarrant and Lachey, there's the stunning Hawaiian scenery, Canadian model/actor Noah Mills (seen a few years ago in the MUCH better show The Enemy Within) and in a recurring role as a love interest for Lachey, Enver Gjokaj (who was in the fantastic series Dollhouse from about a decade ago).

I've started watching Midnight Mass on Netflix, mostly because I like Zach Gilford and have since FNL. Unfortunately, as he ages so do I, so he hasn't gotten any more age appropriate. :lol:

I recently watched the first season of Friday Night Lights. It was really good and had such a talented cast. But overall, I decided not to continue with the series. It was too much of a downer. With ten main characters and more than that in secondary characters, there was very little joy in the lives of these people. So a show about constant difficulties and struggles with little celebration or happiness. Just wish the storylines and tone had more moments of lightness to balance all of the darkness. :(

love skating

Clueless American
I'm happy Survivor is back too. I'm not sure what I think about the added profiles of the survivors at home/prior to the island. I don't think it's necessary. I also am not sure about the camera shots where they purposely show them filming etc. Is it supposed to be edgy? or more raw? I don't think it's necessary either. And yeah a lot of mistakes in this first episode. And who would of thought the pastor would be the sneaky one?! Anyway, glad to have it back.

Buzz

Socialist Canada
I love my FBI shows but the new FBI: International is kinda meh. I will keep watching however.

PeterG

I liked the Big Leap more than Ordinary Joe. :shuffle:
:slinkaway

I enjoyed Ordinary Joe enough to keep watching for now. The concept definitely takes some getting used to but I really like the cast and it's worth another episode in my eyes. :)
I was disappointed with Ordinary Joe. Great premise...bland writing. Kept wondering what a show with this cast that had great writing would be like. I did like the twist at the end with his child being a part of all three storylines. But that was only the last five minutes. If only the rest of the episode had been so interesting.

The rock star storyline was the worst. You could tell the writer's room was a bunch old white men who had Billy Joel as the example of who's big in music in 2021. :lol: Like this guy would be on the charts next to Doja Cat, Lil Nas X and BTS. :rofl: And the way they differentiated him from the other timelines was to puff up his hair with mousse. :D

I feel bad for James Wolk and Natalie Martinez. Both have been in so many TV shows and neither have been able to be on a big breakout hit. Must be frustrating for them...

Allskate

I recently watched the first season of Friday Night Lights. It was really good and had such a talented cast. But overall, I decided not to continue with the series. It was too much of a downer. With ten main characters and more than that in secondary characters, there was very little joy in the lives of these people. So a show about constant difficulties and struggles with little celebration or happiness. Just wish the storylines and tone had more moments of lightness to balance all of the darkness. :(
I loved Friday Night Lights. It had a great cast. I haven't seen it in years. I keep saying that I'm going to re-watch it, but I haven't. I think that may be because there are a lot of difficulties and I'm looking for more escapist shows these days.

PeterG

Just watched the first episode of Alter Ego. I understand the concept, but don't get it. Performing is about doing something live, in front of an audience. Especially singing. Otherwise, you become a backing vocalist in a recording studio, or a voice-over artist for video games and other entertainment. And with Alter Ego, are the performers expecting to become popular on the radio, but make videos as a computer-generated performer? Anyway, the five performers were just so-so. Only Queen Dynamite stood out to me. And the judges seemed bland and barely necessary. Which I hate to say as I own music by all four of them. I have the second episode recorded, so I'll watch that and see the next five performers before I decided whether to keep watching the show or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information