2020 Skate Canada Challenge Nov. 27-Dec. 1, 2019, Edmonton, AB

kylet3

Thank you to @danafan for all the PBP! I was at the touring version of Waitress today and couldn't make it in time, I doubt very much I'll be awake for tomorrow either. I was hoping to make some of challenge but that just didn't happen this week so I appreciate the PBP.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Tamura down on the lutz, adds the combo to the triple loop, saves the double axel. IMO she is expressing this music well. I can't help but wonder what a coaching change would do for her though.

honey

I feel like that was a significant step up from Sarah Tamara in terms of skating skills and performance. Jumps still hit and miss, but the best she’s looked at everything else.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I feel like that was a significant step up from Sarah Tamara in terms of skating skills and performance. Jumps still hit and miss, but the best she’s looked at everything else.

I thought so too. She looks happy in the kiss-n-cry. 49.70 and sixth.

chewy

I was disappointed in Tamura, in her jumps that 3Z-fall looked too practiced, the falling part.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Cotop was lovely but only a triple toe double toe and triple sal. It will be interesting to see which triples she attempts tomorrow.

chewy

Cotop, Looks every inch a senior lady, went into jumps with attack and no hesitation . The spectators were all watching too, no chitchat or phones A good albeit late season debut.

honey

Watching junior for a minute...Anyone else catch Emily Millard's 3L+3L attempt just now? Turn in between but given credit for rotation. It was so quick i initially wasn't certain it was a triple on the end LOL. And on a shallow note, Brittanie Grenier is Cynthia Phaneuf's doppelgänger. I did a double take when she skated out.

honey

Cotop looked even more polished and mature than in the summer. Jumps still being worked back in, but wow, skating like a senior lady indeed.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Too bad Deidre Sherk (did she get married?) opened up on the sal because the triple lutz double toe was beautiful.

Erin

Banned Member
Watching junior for a minute...Anyone else catch Emily Millard's 3L+3L attempt just now? Turn in between but given credit for rotation. It was so quick i initially wasn't certain it was a triple on the end LOL. And on a shallow note, Brittanie Grenier is Cynthia Phaneuf's doppelgänger. I did a double take when she skated out.

I said the same thing about Grenier. She even jumps and spins just like Phaneuf and has the same part in her hair.

I did catch Millard’s triple loop-triple loop, good to hear it was rotated.

chewy

Too bad Deidre Sherk (did she get married?) opened up on the sal because the triple lutz double toe was beautiful.
She telegraphed that lutz but it was powerful great and then booped the sal and I’m almost sure she rolled her eyes after in that “wtf really” sort of way. She could bring it in the long if she keeps it calm.

Colonel Green

Final flight of junior ladies is warming up (includes Matveev, Harwood, Guo, Lee, Ruiter and Carle).

chewy

Slipchuck moved over to watch junior ladies before Bausback skated. Not the best skate for Bausback falling on the F and she seemed mad in KnC .

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I love that Kim Decelles won the short program. Let's hope she can keep it together in the free. Are there any international competitions before nationals?

chewy

I love that Kim Decelles won the short program. Let's hope she can keep it together in the free. Are there any international competitions before nationals?
ISU has the Mentor Torun Cup in Poland Jan 7-12 which has senior categories with entry deadline Dec 3.

Sylvia

TBD
Replay videos: https://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada/videos

https://skatecanada.ca/2020-skate-canada-challenge/

Today's schedule (times converted from Mountain to Eastern below):

RINK B:
Senior Free Dance (11:50-12:53)
Junior Men FS (13:08-15:28)

RINK C:
Senior Women FS (10:55-15:35) is underway.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Aprea-Ricard had a good skate to open the senior women's free. She did a nice triple loop at the beginning, landed a 2axel 2-toe 2loop and later did a triple salchow and a double axel from a spread eagle.

73.34 FS and 110.61 total

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information