2020-21 Canadian Pairs News & Updates

Immortelle

I'm really starting to love W/M. I hope they keep proving all the naysayers wrong.

(But... am I allowed to ask how they are in the same room during quarantine? Last time I checked, these two were not an off-ice couple, so...? I know it's not actually illegal or anything in most Canadian provinces to visit people outside your household, but it has been highly discouraged. Not judging at all, though; just wondering.)
A number of pairs/dancers have moved in together so that they can train without needing to socially distance, for example Brandon Frazier moved in with the Knierims, and Hawayek/Baker have too, I believe.

chantilly

A number of pairs/dancers have moved in together so that they can train without needing to socially distance, for example Brandon Frazier moved in with the Knierims, and Hawayek/Baker have too, I believe.
That seems to me like a smart move to continue training in these uncertain times

starrynight

Brandon has moved in with the Knierims? That might break a record for the most amicable split and re-pairing! :lol:

Aaron MB Fan

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but it was such a nice surprise to see this familiar face in Dylan as the model being featured in Goodlife Fitness' marketing (email, social media) around their re-opening! Goodlife is the largest Fitness chain in Canada and 4th biggest in the world I believe.

skylark

That seems to me like a smart move to continue training in these uncertain times
In the FS program to benefit health care workers, Timothy LeDuc said that as soon as Worlds was canceled, he and Ashley made a plan for how to continue and advance their training together. Ashley's IG has shown them working together on new lifts, new choreo. I think he lives in the same town, with all his gorgeous plants! ... and Ashley and her husband may be the only people he came into contact with up until recently. Now they're back on ice, in a very restricted way. (It's Texas.) Apologies for intruding US skaters in Canadian thread. :) I think I heard (maybe here?) that Deanna and Maxime have found ways to train together as well.

aftershocks

So did Deanna's husband move to Canada with her? I'm glad to hear that Deanna & Maxime have found ways to continue training together. :)

skylark

So did Deanna's husband move to Canada with her? I'm glad to hear that Deanna & Maxime have found ways to continue training together. :)
I read somewhere that they were training together, but I didn't keep the reference so I'm not 100% sure. But it sounds like Deanna not to let a ********* stop her from doing whatever she needs to do!

I'm not sure that Deanna's husband ever moved to Florida with her, when she skated with Nate. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) If that's the case, I'd expect the long-distance marriage to continue. And Chicago is closer to Toronto than Florida, by a long shot. When international borders are open, Deanna and Mr. Deanna may have an easier time. :)

p.s. Does anyone else remember the Blair Brown/John Belushi movie Continental Divide? About a city boy falling in love with a Ranger (I think) in the Rockies?

Erin

I'm not sure that Deanna's husband ever moved to Florida with her, when she skated with Nate. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) If that's the case, I'd expect the long-distance marriage to continue. And Chicago is closer to Toronto than Florida, by a long shot. When international borders are open, Deanna and Mr. Deanna may have an easier time. :)
Is Deanna even married anymore? She dropped Dudek from her name last season and was back to just Stellato.

skylark

Is Deanna even married anymore? She dropped Dudek from her name last season and was back to just Stellato.
I'm not sure of that either. I don't think I've ever heard Deanna talk about her marriage. But she could have just found it easier to drop the "Dudek," or liked the sound of it better without, or any number of things.

OT, but I thought it was funny when Aljona Savchenko was asked (in Volosozhar's interview with her) about the baby's name, she said she'd never changed her name when she got married ... "too much paperwork"!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information