2020 - 2021 Canadian Simulations & Competitions

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow didn’t expect a lutz combo from Carle especially after falling on the triple toe. Her triple toe triple toe is usually solid so it was a surprise to see her fall. I don’t remember her landing the lutz before

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Here’s my favourite Schumacher! Decent attempt on the triple flip triple toe combo! I can’t explain why I just love her skating. Oops a single loop....

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Alison Schumacher's 3f3t combo looked a bit tight. Beautiful Ina Bauer into 2a. Whoa, awkward pop into a 1lo.

Colonel Green

Things were going a bit too well for Alison this early in the season, so she had to pop the loop (and almost do the splits in the process). But that triple-triple almost looked rotated.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow huge triple triple and triple loop from Medland Spence.
And a wonky double axel landing

puglover

It almost looked to me as if Alison was a bit too close to the boards for the loop and so kind of a weird pull out.

seabm7

Oops.
The link to the (last year's) videos deleted.

Thanks, Shutterbug.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I counted 7 Senior Men in SP (in skate order) - yes, Circelli shared a SP results sheet on his Instagram story:

Max Denk 57.54 (6) - I missed his skate
Corey Circelli 72.78 (1) - 3A (2fted/step out), 3Lz with lovely flow out, 3F+3T - skated to a Bocelli song
Bennet Toman 66.83 (3) - 3A, 3Lz+3T fall, 3Lo - last season's "No Matter What" by Calum Scott
Alistair Lam 57.45 (7)
Jack Dushenski 64.87 (4) - 3F+3T, 2A, 3Lz pitched forward - "Light of the Seven" by Ramin Djawadi
Bruce Waddell 64.72 (5) - I missed his skate - music was from Jesus Christ Superstar
Matthew Markell 68.53 (2) - 2A, 3Lz+3T, 3Lo - good flow & extensions

Conrad Orzel & Iliya Kovler were listed in the original Ontario entry list dated 10/30/20 - https://skateontario.org/results/21SEC/21SECSeniorMenEL.pdf) but did not participate in this virtual event.

ETA:

Senior women's SP music I recognized/was able to hear, in skate order:

Michelle Long: Puccini's aria "O Mio Babbino Caro" - 3Lo, 3S(reach)+2T, 2A
Amelia Orzel: "Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen" - 3Lz hand, 3Lo+2T, 2A
Catherine Carle: "Palladio" by Karl Jenkins (Diamond music) - 3T fell out, 3Lz+2T, 2A
Alison Schumacher: last season's "Clair de Lune" - 3F+3T, 2A, 1Lo
Madeline Schizas: last season's "Stranger in Paradise" - 3Lz off balance, 3T turn/step out, back catchfoot spiral into 2A with falling leaf exit
Gabrielle Daleman: last season's "Jazz Man" by Beth Hart, I think? - 3T(turnout)2T, 2A, cool entry into spin, 2F

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Oh, thanks. I thought I had seen something about their being there. Must have been looking at the wrong document!

shutterbug

So, still no start orders posted anywhere that I can find. :( Was anyone able to pick out some kind of a pattern yesterday?

danafan

Canadian ladies über
It was very random.
At one point you could clearly see Gabby Daleman getting ready to take the ice after the current skater but she wasn’t the next skater on the stream. If it’s the same order as last night I’m not sure I can stay awake for the end of the senior women’s free.

Sylvia

TBD
Any chance this is reverse order of ranking after the short?
Maybe?

Junior FD (can't hear audio very well):

Estepa/Hickey - Swan Lake?
Goodstadt/Barsoum - Mary Poppins Returns OST
Iannetta/Carr - ?
Hensen/Lickers - Ghost musical
Embro/Millar - ?
Bashynska/Beaumont - last year's music: Caruso by Lucia Dalla, performed by Andrea Bocelli / And the Waltz Goes On by Andthony Hopkins, performed by Andre Rieu
D'Alessandro/Waddell - no show - guess they did not record a FD

Junior Pairs FS (1 team):
Carle/Farand - last season's music to "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" from Rocketman OST (she wore a purple dress instead of yellow; both landed sbs 3S and she a throw triple, IIRC)

Junior Men FS now... the 2nd skater, Joshua Dore (the late David Dore's grandson) skated through his jumps but did his spins.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Final 4 Junior Men free skates:

Evan Prosserman - Concierto de Aranjuez
John Kim
Rio Morita
Alec Guinzbourg - classical piece

Junior Women FS has started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information