2020/2021 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Now that they are officially listed as participating in CHAMPIONNATS « A » DE LA SECTION QUÉBEC (pdf link), I can post the clip of Marine Pouliot & Cameron Colucci skating together at Maurice Richard Arena in Montreal, filmed by OIP's Jordan Cowan and shared last month, in this thread: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmuA3oj6KA/

The event page states "Programs submitted by video will be judged from November 28 to 29, 2020 for the qualifying categories" [Senior/Junior].

Senior (5):
Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Alicia Fabbri / Paul Ayer
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
Elysia-Marie Campbell / Liam Fawcett
Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sørensen

Junior (7):
Emmy Bronsard / Aissa Bouaraguia*
Jasmine Levesque / Alexandre Faucher
Jessica Li / Jacob Richmond*
Chaima Ben Khelifa / Everest Zhu
Sandrine Gauthier / Quentin Thieren*
Hannah Lim / Ye Quan*
Marine Pouliot / Cameron Colucci (new)

* on 2020-21 NextGen Team

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Carol Lane's teams did a simulation for PJ Kwong, who has pics on her Instagram and video in her stories, including an interview with Molly and Dmitri.

Carolane borrowed a dress from Piper for this. I like it, but I don't know if she's going to keep it for the season or just used it this once.
Carolane said, in an interview shown on PJ's Blade This! after Battle of the Blades last evening, that her own dress wasn't ready yet.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm glad she's getting something new for the RD. I was never sold on that dress with the spots.

Sylvia

TBD
Skate Ontario published their Sectionals entries on Oct. 30 (thanks to @shutterbug for the heads up in the 2020-21 Canadian competitions thread in Kiss & Cry):

Senior Dance (2): https://skateontario.org/results/21SEC/21SECSeniorDanceEL.pdf
Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier (Bye)
Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs (Bye)

Junior Dance (7): https://skateontario.org/results/21SEC/21SECJuniorDanceEL.pdf
Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont (NextGen)
Natalie D'Alessandro / Bruce Waddell (NextGen)
Emma Goodstadt / Michael Barsoum (NextGen)
Lily Hensen / Nathan Lickers (NextGen)
Sydney Embro / Eric Millar
Erica Estepa / Nolen Hickey
Maia Iannetta / Liam Carr

Practice & taping schedules currently known for Junior Dance: Nov. 9-10 at Iceland in Mississauga.

Sylvia

TBD
D'Alessandro/Waddell, Nadiia Bashynska/Peter Beaumont & Emma Goodstadt/Michael Barsoum are the 3 junior dance teams scheduled to record their Sectional programs in North York on Monday & Tuesday for judging at a later date. (Bruce Waddell also is taping his Senior SP & FS on Wednesday & Thursday.)

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10

Colonel Green

Last year I recall they similarly did their RD at one of the summer series events but didn't do the FD.

We should be getting the scores tomorrow, so I'll be interested to see who won the RD between the top two teams (I thought B/B looked sharper overall, but with IJS ice dance I really don't have the technical knowledge to assess the finer details without the TES box).

Colonel Green

And I was correct; Nadiia and Peter won the RD by almost two points, a very good result for them. Since Natalie and Bruce didn't stick around for the FD, obviously we won't get a final result.

From today's IAM Live feed, Zach did a solo run-through of their new free dance (they don't say why Marjorie wasn't there), which looks like the most unusual program they've ever done. They really run with the bird theme.

Emmy was also back, so whatever injury she was recovering from seems to have abated. She and Aissa continue to seem closer and closer in height, unfortunately.

Alicia and Paul also looked good.

barbarafan

Emmy Bronsard & Aissa Bouaraguia (ETA: I've finally learned how to spell his last name without looking it up! ;)) were working on a short section of their new Junior FD (music is from Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet); they were followed by a partial FD run through by Alicia Fabbri/Paul Ayer to the Frida OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MgYr0tmoHE&t=38m55s
There is more of
Alicia and Paul in beginning of the tape with a very neat lift.....Welcome to Burlesque is another song they are skating to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information