2019 NFL

easilydistracte

Geezette
I applaud his decision. His body has taken a pounding the last few years. If he's not getting any joy out of what he's doing, he needs to find something else to do. Kudos to him for making the decision while he's still capable of healing and thinking. Health first. Also, good on the Colts for letting him have his bonuses.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Shocking but he has been injured quite a lot. He is just 29. Perhaps it is better for him to save his body and have a normal body for the rest of his life.

skatfan

I’m sure he’ll get flack but it sounds like he’s having both emotional and physical pain and he can walk away now and live a life. Bet he gets a lot of speaking engagements for doing this too.

ilovepaydays

I thought it was awful for the Luck retirement news to break when it did - not to mention the Colts fans that booed Luck while he was still on the sidelines. 😠

Never was a fan of watching preseason, but looking forward to the season kicking off in a couple of weeks. 🏈

Lacey

Just on 60 Minutes. A football player named Tim Green was a defensive lineman at Syracuse. He was graduated Magna Cum Laude and went on to get law degree. Played 8 years for the Atlanta Falcons as a Pro Football Player. At age 52, he has been diagnosed with ALS.

I don't blame Andrew Luck at all, not one bit, for retiring.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Just on 60 Minutes. A football player named Tim Green was a defensive lineman at Syracuse. He was graduated Magna Cum Laude and went on to get law degree. Played 8 years for the Atlanta Falcons as a Pro Football Player. At age 52, he has been diagnosed with ALS.

I don't blame Andrew Luck at all, not one bit, for retiring.

Sounds like Tim Green had a great life. ALS is a bitch of a way to go.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Preseason is just so sloppy....sayeth she who's team is currently losing ;)

Kasey

I don't like them, but I'm embarrassed for the Steelers right now....

ilovepaydays

Thoughts from Week 2? I’ll be 😭 if Drew Brees’ hand/wrist injury is too serious.

Also, I’m starting to wonder if Eli Manning is playing his way out of the Hall of Fame. But, he’s never lost a Super Bowl.........

Kasey

Thrilled that my Cowboys are 2-0 and that Prescott is proving his worth. Have enjoyed some of the games I've gotten to see.

Cachoo

Our hometown hero was Barry Sanders and folks thought he retired too soon but I suspect he has a less painful life today due to his "early exit." I wish Luck happy trails.
I'm a Chiefs fan and am amazed by Patrick Mahomes. There are some great young QB's playing now and more on the way next year. I like what I see of Mahomes off of the field too. My mother would call him a good egg.

Kasey

Thrilled that my Cowboys are 3-0....will be more thrilled to actually be able to watch one of their games next Sunday.

BaileyCatts

He needs to be suspended with NO PAY for the rest of the season, heavily fined, then have his contract terminated. That is beyond 'heat of the moment' and risks of the game. If two guys fighting in the street did that, one of them would be going to prison.

Fiero425

Thrilled that my Cowboys are 3-0....will be more thrilled to actually be able to watch one of their games next Sunday.

Hmmm, you still thrill with "them Cowboys?" America's Team is now 6-6 after dropping another Thx'gvn game at home! I'm still chuckling watching Allen of Buffalo pick them apart with an ex-Cowboy, Beasley! I almost fell out on the floor with comments about the Dallas "pass rush" this morning on the sports talk shows! They should have been playing the music of Elton John singing, "I'm Still Standing..." when Allen just stood still there in the pocket in one of the pass plays! I can't ever remember a QB absolutely "standing still" in "the pocket" with impunity as he scanned the field not sweatin' rush! ROFLOL! :duh:

Fiero425

They've been my team since I was 4, no, I'm not "thrilled" with them, but they will remain my team. Hopefully a coaching change is in the winds.

Like Washington and Oakland when Al Davis was alive, the owners are sabotaging their own teams; esp. Jones who's ego won't allow him to accept he blew it when he allowed Jimmy Johnson to walk out the door! My head still shakes watching it happen right after defending SB win for Dallas in '93! They won only one since in '95 and have been wasting their time ever since; even with the leadership of Bill Parcells! It's unfortunate this will probably continue until Jones relinquishes control! :judge:

Fiero425

Not that the rest of the NFC South teams are doing much this year, but Drew and the Saints already clinched the division title. :cheer2:

Too bad they lost a shootout with The SF 49'rs today! KC was able to upset the Patriots in Foxboro! A great day! :respec:

Kasey

I'm to the point of just rooting against the Eagles at this point, to give my Cowpies still a chance at post-season. But good lord, they need to make a coaching change!!

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
WHO DAT! DREW DAT!
:cheer2: :respec:
Drew has passed Peyton Manning (and Tom Brady) to claim the record for all-time NFL touchdown pass completions!

Edited: 4 so far tonight!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information