2019 & 2020 U.S. Adult Sectionals & Nationals dates & locations

Sylvia

TBD
Press release (June 6, 2018): http://www.usfigureskating.org/story?id=91541&type=media

2019 Adult Sectionals (March 8-10, 2019):
Eastern - Havertown, Pennsylvania
Midwestern - Colorado Springs, Colorado
Pacific Coast - Oakland, California

2019 U.S. Adult Championships, Salt Lake City, April 2-6, 2019

---

2020 Adult Sectionals (March 6-8, 2020):
Eastern - Ardmore, Pennsylvania
Midwestern - Springfield, Illinois
Pacific Coast - San Francisco, California

2020 U.S. Adult Championships, Newark, Delaware, April 14-18, 2020

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
I’m thrilled for Delaware in 2020. That’s one of the few states that I haven’t visited. :)

As for the rest, Colorado Springs is a hell no (been there, done that - this flat lander never wants to skate at that elevation again). Salt Lake City did a great job the one time I was there for AN. I might go there again. We’ll have to see.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
All of my things are within 3 hours drive of my house, which is great... except for SLC. That's not a drive, that would be a major trip. I'm not sure SLC can happen, but we'll see.

Maybe it can. I'm changing jobs in the fall to one that's a lot more chill. We'll see. SLC is in a stunning location. I've been there once for work.

Clarice

I want to go to Colorado Springs because I want to visit the museum, where my name is on a trophy. I've never seen it in person. Salt Lake City is beautiful - I sure wouldn't mind going back there again! Not sure both trips are possible, though.

Debbie S

Is the SLC rink in the city itself, or in a suburb like Sandy or etc?
I assume this is the same rink where they hold the Senior B. It's in a suburban neighborhood but only about a 20-min drive from downtown (and the airport). You will need a car, though...the area around the rink is walkable but even the closest hotel (Marriott) is about a mile away. Unless you like long walks before and after competing. :)

livetoskate

Thank you for the information, Sylvia. I'm going to aim for competing in 2020 since Delaware isn't too far away from me.

vesperholly

I heard rumors that Pittsburgh was bidding for Easterns ... disappointed they didn't (or didn't win). Just keeps going back to the Philly area - Ardmore had 16, 18 and now 20. Can't a Florida club host?? :saint:

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
@vesperholly I'd love for Sectionals to NOT be at my two main training rinks (1 of which is my home club) and in Florida instead! (Turns out I don't love competing on home ice, and being elsewhere puts me in a better mindset for it.)

I can't say that I know anything behind the choices, but I guess the organizing power that clubs with very large adult communities (PSCHS) have a better base to organize upon, which makes their bids more attractive to TPTB. Also, someone on the Adult Skating Committee said elsewhere that decisions are dependent on the clubs who make bids, so if you're not seeing FL or somewhere warm, then Florida folks need to speak up and be more proactive on getting their clubs to make bids.

I was surprised that Skatium (Crossroads) won this year, TBH. I happen to like their ice and facility a lot (I just got home from there!), but their club seems to be... invisible, given how much hockey goes on. If you thought the locker room situation at PSCHS was tight, this is going to be awfully cozy. I wonder if bidding is part of their strategy to build better awareness after the name change last year?

vesperholly

@Theoreticalgirl Yes, that's correct that clubs must bid and I do think USFS still has a tough time getting clubs to bid for Adult Sectionals and Nationals. So if Philly clubs want it and can do it, great - can't send a competition to Florida if no clubs will bid!

I haven't been to any of the Philly-area competitions (it's just far enough from me to be costly), but I hear that both locations have been very well run.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
Adult sectionals and nationals tend to be long events, and I understand that impacts which clubs can bid on them.

Sarah

I'm excited for DE in 2020. I'm not skating anymore but I will try and volunteer. Just be prepared for a town that can't handle any traffic at all. It's summer session right now and the roads are backing up during every day of new student orientation...

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
@Sylvia - thank you for starting this thread. Whenever I want to look up dates (I’m starting to troll airlines and lodging for both comps), I just search here for them. USFS’s site isn’t easy to find this particular info on (unless I’m missing something).

Willin

Hmm... I'll probably try the 2019 season if my job allows for it. I want to compete but I probably can't do synchro with my work schedule, so it's a great way to get out and compete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information