2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

zebraswan

I remember when Stephane did her choreo and he said, in the most diplomatic way possible, that he didn't recognize very much of the program that she skated in competition. 🤣 Not surprised that he hasn't choreographed for her again after that. I do blame Mishin much moreso than Liza, but it's all just so predictable and boring at this point...

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Sergei Voronov did this last season and then even freely admitted it. He went from a slow Secret Garden piece to a more lively classical piece for his SP yet everything, and I mean every last hand movement, was identical.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Was this posted yet? posted on a russian chat (by person who posts accurately).
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva changes her SP, from Florence and the Machine to Piazzolla "Oblivion".
It is said that she'll try to keep SLB's choreography with the new music.

Back to a tango SP, like last season and, several years ago, another Piazola? Yawn. Ok I’ll take anything without a mumu or big white blouse.

DobrinFan

I know this is old news, but no one has posted Gumennik's full SP, so here it is:

I quite like the choreo, even if it's nothing groundbreaking in terms of mood and structure. It suits his strength in presentation. He's still slow, though.

It was posted, just a different video. And all the videos of the Russian juniors during test skates are here, just in case any one missed it

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
My first thought was The Night Circus -- but it looks like that movie is still a long way from being made, so there wouldn't be a soundtrack yet. (I see an Instagram commenter had the same thought!)

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Elizabeth, the Musical (mid-90s theatre musical about Empress Sissi...featuring a musical number on a Ferris wheel...Witt skated a pro number from that musical)?

quartz

scratching at the light
My first thought was The Night Circus -- but it looks like that movie is still a long way from being made, so there wouldn't be a soundtrack yet. (I see an Instagram commenter had the same thought!)
The Erin Morgenstern "Night Circus"?? Being made into a movie?? I love that book!!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The Erin Morgenstern "Night Circus"?? Being made into a movie?? I love that book!!

Yes, but I don't know how far along they are. They've announced a director (Geremy Jasper) but no casting yet.

Kind of a pity as far as Piper and Paul are concerned, actually. They'd do a :kickass: Night Circus program, given the opportunity.

VGThuy

Didn't @VGThuy say there was a post earlier implying it might be Carnival?

I was just guessing it was Carousel since the RD is Broadway, but I had no real idea if that was true or not. At the time, there was a picture of a carousel, if I recall correctly. Now that there's a ferris wheel and moonlight, I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Impromptu

Sekret Custom Title
My first thought was Sherlock, just because I thought the Ferris Wheel was the London Eye, which was used in the opening credits of the BBC Sherlock ... but I don't think that wheel is actually the London Eye.

SidelineSkater

Maybe CATS? Grizabella sings Memory and ascends to the clouds on a tire (the Swedish version has her riding on a ferris/wheel gondala...according to some Broadway website). Lyrics - Memory - all alone in the moonlight....

Fun guess that sort of hits three clues.

Tinami Amori

I’m surprised that she bothers to get choreography since she ditches so much of it. Hilarious that she’s talking about keeping when she changes the program- obviously doesn’t care what choreography really is.

And I don’t dislike her - she’s got attitude and grit and presence - but come on
If anyone read her transcript from the radio-interview, she gives an explanation why she changed the music (but kept the choreo). It is not "out of the blue" or "because Mishin wants to".

Туктамышева поменяла музыку в новой короткой: «Решили, что зритель может не понять первый вариант»
- Tukramysheva changed the music because "She decided that in her opinion an average viewer/fan is not capable to understand the meaning of the first version".

Her own words from the interview:
«Все сошлись во мнении, что эта музыка будет немножко непонятной для зрителя, для того, кто уже давно в фигурном катании. Программа получилась очень современная, очень крутая, драйвовая. Мы решили сделать тот же вариант, только под Oblivion Астора Пьяццоллы. Все классно легло», – рассказала спортсменка."

"We (the team) came to the conclusion (opinion) that this music is a bit complex (somewhat not understandable) for the long-time fans/viewers. This programme came out very modern (progressive), very sharp (very cool), very forward (upbeat). So we decided to do a similar version, but to music "Oblivion by Piazzolla". Everything matched perfectly (old choreo - matched the new music perfectly)" - said the athlete (in the interview).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information