2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

The Accordion

Debuted both programs at Skate Ontario North York Summer Skate:

Evelyn Walsh/Trennt Michaud
FS: U2's "One" (female cover that Stellato/Bartholomay used a few years ago), choreo. by Eric Radford

Thanks for the information! I think Eric Radford may be a great addition as a choreographer based on that program.

cgirl8

Is there any info on whether they're using the OBC recording or the jazz rerelease? Those two songs are on both.
Both Shanaeva/Narizhnyy and Galiyanova/Lochhead, who are also skating to Bonnie and Clyde, are using the Original Broadway Cast recording. They both speed up "How 'bout a Dance" to fit the tempo requirements in the pattern and the version of "This World Will Remember Us" that G/L are using is a karaoke version of the original song.

skatfan

Ramalama was also a very well-received & widely viewed group number on So You Think You Can Dance. I'm not certain exactly when, but based on this article, I believe 2006.

https://decider.com/2017/07/20/today-in-tv-history-so-you-think-you-can-dance-ramalama/

ETA: No, it looks like 2005 per the date in the small font here. It won a primetime Emmy award for Outstanding Choreography.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0733499/awards

I still remember that number.

As to skaters using music-anyone can pick the music, but then there’s skater/couple/pair who really makes a statement with it. Chen did that for me.

oleada

Sounds like Daria Pavlyuchenko/Denis Khodykin are skating to "The Storm" by Havasi for their SP and Tron for their LP, if my google translate-fu is accurate. Can someone confirm?

Tinami Amori

Sounds like Daria Pavlyuchenko/Denis Khodykin are skating to "The Storm" by Havasi for their SP and Tron for their LP, if my google translate-fu is accurate. Can someone confirm?

In short - yes. (details from the posted article).
FS - "Tron". Denis wanted that music/theme for some time. He - is "human", she - is "virtual being from a computer".
They chose Daniil Gleighengauz to choreograph it because the pair and their coach find his work very creative.

SP - "The Storm" by Havasi. It is choreographed in collaboration between Roslyakov and Tatiana Tarasova who is their "assistant coach" (more in concept/artistic side, than technical, so it was said in other interviews in the last few months).

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Was this posted yet? posted on a russian chat (by person who posts accurately).
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva changes her SP, from Florence and the Machine to Piazzolla "Oblivion".
It is said that she'll try to keep SLB's choreography with the new music.

Sylvia

TBD
Don’t think I saw this posted anywhere:Alexa Knierim posted on her Instagram story: new short program update: Lover by Taylor Swift
She posted that this was a joke
Link to Alexa's "just kidding" tweet: https://twitter.com/alexa_knierim/status/1165349382184722434

Saw 2 clips (IG stories reposted) on Ruben Blommaert's Instagram of his and Elena Pavlova's FS to "Unsteady" by X Ambassadors. @Jeschke had posted earlier in this (and the German news thread) that "Bloodstream" by Tokio Myers is their SP music.

Last edited:

skatfan

So, Tuktamysheva is changing her SP but keeping the old choreography Bourne created for her even if it is set to a different music? :confused: :shuffle:

Well, I’m not all that surprised.

I’m surprised that she bothers to get choreography since she ditches so much of it. Hilarious that she’s talking about keeping when she changes the program- obviously doesn’t care what choreography really is.

And I don’t dislike her - she’s got attitude and grit and presence - but come on

annie_mg

I’m surprised that she bothers to get choreography since she ditches so much of it. Hilarious that she’s talking about keeping when she changes the program- obviously doesn’t care what choreography really is.

And I don’t dislike her - she’s got attitude and grit and presence - but come on
This is so ridiculous I agree. It's well known that Mishin's students don't bother with the choreo but she's taking it on another level. You choreograph according to the music, the theme, the beats. Its a.bit of a slap towards all the choreographic world. If I was SLB I wouldnt be happy at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information