2018-2019 Canadian Ladies News and Updates!

mag

If Alaine falters, she comes lose her spot.

Alaine does not have a spot to lose. Spots are decided at Nationals and sometimes body of work is considered in extenuating circumstances. All the spots are currently up for grabs. Gabby is the only one with a body of work, so for the rest it will be placement at Nationals unless someone really hits it out of the park on the GP series.

Japanfan

Yes, as I said, Gabrielle in the top twelve is enough. If Gabrielle dropped out of the top twelve then Alaine would have to move up quite a few ordinals to be of any consequence.

I think Gabbie is easily a top-12 skater, but she might have a really bad skate. If so, I'm sorry to say that Alaine can't be counted on.

Did Cotop even make it to the free skate at Worlds?

Jammers

I can't see Alaine ever going to Worlds again especially with how she skated at WTT but if the other girls don't improve or are injured maybe she lucks out again but i'm sure SC probably doesn't want that to happen and is hoping the younger girls step up or that even someone like Mallet outskates her.

Last edited:

coppertop1

I think Gabbie is easily a top-12 skater, but she might have a really bad skate. If so, I'm sorry to say that Alaine can't be counted on.

Did Cotop even make it to the free skate at Worlds?

Even when dealing with her mental health issues and not having competed for most of the season, Gabby still finished eleventh with a respectable performance, so its safe to say she can definitely finish in the top twelve unless she has a really bad skate. As long as we have her, we should still maintain two spots.

puglover

Aurora Cotop has had a promising year what with new coaching situation, serious pelvic injury, and first year at major senior events. If her spring/summer training continues to go well with Ravi, she could be a great addition for Canada. I don't think her World's standing last year should be held against her. She just needs time.

Vase

In 2017 she won under 10 prejuv in Ontario, 2018, she won Juv under 12 with double axel.
2018 she added triple loop at prenovice but was getting < . There was a video last week of her landing triple flip too. Not sure how old she is but she is a personality on ice.

I am sure she is 10 turning 11.
She has great skating for a young one, though the growing years are still to come.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Canada will me ok with Cotop and Schumacher coming up, it might not be the Osmond/Daleman knockout that Canada had for a couple seasons, but it is more promising IMO than Canada usually has had in the past.

Rock2

Trying to find perspective on what's going on with Alaine.
I just have to think there's a story going on behind the scenes that we may or may not hear about at some point. Whatever it is, I hope it's identified and fixable.

If her skating mind and body are simply spiraling out of control with no answers as it appears from the outside I'm not sure where she goes from here.

I hope whatever it is that it's solved or at least addressed somehow, and she can come back strong in the new season, if she plans to continue.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I donā€™t understand how she got that bruise on her face based on this video.

I thought it looked like she whacked the side of her face on the ice, but the angle of the video makes it hard to see.

Back to Alaine, my concern with her is she just doesn't look like she enjoys skating. I like her and I want her to do well, but I can't help but question if she really wants it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Gabby's mom posted some pictures of Gabby's contusions from the collision at WTT.

https://twitter.com/roeraby/status/1117386602928435201

Holy Cow she, too, had a collusion in a warmup??

Where is Lim's camp now?

Why isn't this plastered all over National news...Racist , Tonya Harding-esque Gabrielle. Or whomever collided into her.

I hope this shows Yuna and crazy mama some humbleness...but probably not.

Anywhooo I wishing and hoping for Gabrielle to SLAY next season. She is so good.

Katta

Heard same thing... lot's of pressure

I will never forget my conversation with Alaine's grandmother at SC 2017, I know I've mentioned it here before. The grandmother told me how the whole family had already booked their airline tickets to South Korea and had all the tickets for the figure skating events at the Olympics and that Alaine "knew exactly what she had to do".... The conversation made me cold and I felt so bad for Alaine; the pressure she must have felt knowing the whole family had already spent thousand and thousands of dollars to go and see her even though there were no guarantees that she would be there, at the time a lot of people believed it was likely that she would grab that 3rd spot, but as I said no guarantees...

euterpe

Where is Lim's camp now?

Why isn't this plastered all over National news...Racist , Tonya Harding-esque Gabrielle. Or whomever collided into her.

Anywhooo I wishing and hoping for Gabrielle to SLAY next season. She is so good.

Actually, it was Gabby who collided with Laurine Lecavelier, who was standing by the boards.

puglover

Collisions happen in skating. Unless it was deliberate, which I think would be very rare, they just happen. Everyone is feeling the pressure at competitions to get their elements practiced and solid and it is hard to focus on everything else at the same time. My oldest daughter is very sensitive and she would get so freaked out if she thought she would get in another skaters way that she had a terrible time warming up her jumps. Probably some people are better at sensing the flow than others. I think the whole "fault" thing is an overstatement.

barbarafan

Where is Lim's camp now?

Stop the Lim bashing. Both girls stopped, one girl backwards the other not watching....they apologized to each other and made sure they were ok. No one was run down.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Stop the Lim bashing. Both girls stopped, one girl backwards the other not watching....they apologized to each other and made sure they were ok. No one was run down.

Bashing?

Girl, save your drama for Housewives or Vanderpump Rules tonight, Bravo 9 pm, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays

Obviously you are absolutely in love with drama Babs so there you go.

I said someone was run down? The voices you must hear in your head.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
In case anyone needs context, this was the accidental collision in the 6-minute warm-up before the WTT ladies' free skate: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwMFt3QnJ3h/
Gabby posted this photo on her IG yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfNgrLn5iB/
"... I thought I was fine but I was in a lot of pain right away but just shook it off and skated. When I got home and got checked out; it turns out, I cracked two ribs have a very badly bruised knee and a concussion."

angi

Gabby posted this photo on her IG yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfNgrLn5iB/
"... I thought I was fine but I was in a lot of pain right away but just shook it off and skated. When I got home and got checked out; it turns out, I cracked two ribs have a very badly bruised knee and a concussion."
I just can't shake the feeling that something is not right. I just hope she gets the help she needs and that she has better times coming her way, she had an awful year and at least to me, it looks like she has a long road ahead of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information