2018-2019 Canadian Ladies News and Updates!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I'm probably not going to be able to watch Cotop live, but I'll be up for Chartrand and Daleman. I'm sure Chartrand will make me cry again, but for what reason remains to be seen :p

Colonel Green

Per Jackie, looks like Gabby’s most recent practice was better. Of course, it’s all down to what happens in the moment. We’ll know one way or another in a few hours.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
4 am in Los Angeles and pulled myself outta bed... Well thank goodness Daleman went, Hoefully she can stay focused on free.

Taking a peak thus far at results I am a bit in shock at some of the ladies who didnt advance to the free.

One more group to go.

Back to sleep.

Jislav

Another canadian lady not qualifying for the free, this time by a huge margin...

Using personal best, Mallet and Pineault would have qualified.

On the way to one spot for Montreal 2020

Colonel Green

Too bad for Aurora. Making what is effectively your senior debut at Worlds is really high pressure. The height and distance on that first 3T was terrific, so I expect that’s going to be a beautiful combination in the future.

Alaine, pretty much what we’ve come to expect. Just doing a double was a smart decision, then falls on the loop anyway.

Gabby, great. Lutz landing was wonky, but all things considered she looked thrilled with that, and she should be. Now she just needs to be decent in the free, and we’re good for next year (and more importantly, for her own wellbeing).

honey

Another canadian lady not qualifying for the free, this time by a huge margin...

On the way to one spot for Montreal 2020

And using Cotop’s pb from Bavarian Open, she’s have qualified today with that. Doing it on the day is a whole other story. It wasn’t a given that any other Canadian lady would have qualified.

Jislav

Since Alaine made the free skate, Gabrielle just needs to be top twelve, which just means she needs to not bomb, looking at who’s behind her.
I forgot about the 16-point rule for skaters 17th and lower. Thanks for reminding me!
I too think top 12 for Gabby is doable.

coppertop1

Definitely some surprises looking at the results. It's not really that surprising about Aurora. It's about experience for her. Good to hear that Gabby had a good skate. Another stepping stone. We should be able to have two spots at Worlds. That's probably why Skate Canada sent her. Alaine... Sigh.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
This is the best we could have hoped for. Daleman in the top 12 and a second lady qualifying for the free. It's not a done deal, but getting two spots for 2020 seems at least likely. And Alaine could even move up a few spots with a good skate. I didn't get to watch Cotop yet.

coppertop1

This is the best we could have hoped for. Daleman in the top 12 and a second lady qualifying for the free. It's not a done deal, but getting two spots for 2020 seems at least likely. And Alaine could even move up a few spots with a good skate. I didn't get to watch Cotop yet.

Without Kaetlyn, it was pretty much guaranteed we wouldn't get three spots 2020. Gabby was a question mark heading into Worlds, so I'm glad she had a good skate. Overall, this is a rebuilding time for Canada after the windfall we had the last ten years.

barbarafan

Me neither....I got up at 5:00 but by the time laptop powered up.......Where will we be able to see her?

fsfann

I'd be thrilled with 2 spots for next year. Even with that being said, we probably really only deserve 1.

quartz

scratching at the light
Forever? I mean I think they have archives going back years
awesome! seems to me the last time I tried to watch something a while after the fact, it was no longer available or expired or something.

Winnipeg

I can understand Cotop being nervous at her first Worlds but I think Alaine needs to get nerve training.

Glad to hear Daleman did well!

fsfann

What's your point? Cotop's PB and her SP result from Nationals would have qualified as well, but this is a different competition.

She is an unknown quantity in senior ranks. She landed 3 of her 4 jumps and had an unfortunate fall on her (brand new) 3-3. Everything else was great. Kudos to her for unveiling a new combo at her first Worlds. She is our future, and I'm proud of the effort she put forth here.

puglover

I watched AC and then went to bed. I was very pleasantly surprised when I got up and saw the Canadian ladies results. I think Aurora did just fine for her first worlds. I agree, she is the future and in great hands with Ravi. The greatest benefit to a country like Canada having 3 spots is they can send one who is there for the experience without the pressure of worrying about future spots. I am so thrilled for Gabby. She looked happy and that is everything right now.

Flora

Cotop has improved her skating skills but her axel is totally :scream:. She doesn't step up AT ALL and when she's nervous like today, it's even worse. I think Ravi will need a couple of years to rework her jump techniques. Her sal was so low as well. I'm hopeful she'll fix the jumps since she's still young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information