#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

shutterbug

What I want to know is if the plates and pins come out. Langlois took them out before Olympic year and I think Weaver did, too. She will risk ongoing issues with discomfort and inflammation with them in, I think, if she doesn't remove the hardware. Just means another 4-6 weeks off the ice but that's no big in the grand scheme of things.
Yes, Bev Smith tweeted during Canadians that there are plans in place to have the hardware removed.

Rock2

Yes, Bev Smith tweeted during Canadians that there are plans in place to have the hardware removed.

Oh thank God. Thanks for that. From what I understand there is a specific time to do that. Of course, bones have to heal...but then if you leave them in for more than a year or so the bones grow into/over the hardware such that you can't remove them without breaking the bones again. So I imagine they will come out in the next month or two.

hohoho

Oh thank God. Thanks for that. From what I understand there is a specific time to do that. Of course, bones have to heal...but then if you leave them in for more than a year or so the bones grow into/over the hardware such that you can't remove them without breaking the bones again. So I imagine they will come out in the next month or two.

Posted on Kaetlyn facebook fanpage:

"Ready for more progress. Officially no hardware in my leg. Time to get back to where I want to be"

hohoho

Kaetlyn skates at West Edmonton Mall. I wonder if there is any issues there with the ISIS threat

Sylvia

TBD
Looks like Kaetlyn is planning a busy carnival season for herself! :)

MARCH 2015
March 21 Kaetlyn Osmond Mount Pearl/Paradise SC Ice Show – Glacier Arena, NL
March 28 Kaetlyn Osmond Brant FSC Carnival – Brantford & District Civic Centre, Brantford, ON

APRIL 2015
April 2 Kaetlyn Osmond Prince of Wales SC Carnival – Jack Byrne, Arena, NFLD & Labrador
April 5 Kaetlyn Osmond CBS Skating Club Easter Seminar – Robert French Memorial Stadium, NL
April 11-12 Kaetlyn Osmond The Border SC Carnival & Seminar – Memorial Sports Centre, ON

Source: http://www.skatecanada.ca/athletes/athlete-appearances/

hohoho

Small goals and getting out in front of audiences again. I guess she is using SOI time to train.

SkaterLily

AH!! hope she does amazing!!!!!! Love her style and enthusiam out on the ice. Such a connection to the audience.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the Canadian ladies uber thread:
Saw Kaetlyn at the mall today doing a run through of La Vie en Rose. The program itself is actually really nice. I think she is such a star and really does have "it." Even though she only did singles and her spins weren't quite there (I think she's only been back on the ice for a few weeks?) her performance still grabs you. I really enjoy how she uses her whole body in her movements and the moves look...organic. Hopefully she'll stay healthy working towards next season.

Posted today on Kaetlyn's official FB fan page - "I decided to try and put my upcoming appearances in one place so it is easier to see and get information": https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsmondCFS/posts/580730242062172

shutterbug

National champ getting back on her blades in Brantford
Osmond said the next competitive season in the fall has been “creeping up” on her faster than she would like, but she looks forward to getting back down to business.

Her goal will be nothing short of another Canadian national championship in 2016 and strong showings at international competitions.

“That’s what I’m aiming for – getting back to the same level I was during my first year of senior,” she said.

shutterbug

She has been sidelined for many months, but is slowly regaining her strength, and last week began performing triples during practice routines.

"They're coming back really easy," Osmond said. "I'm just missing one of my triples."

Osmond is planning to compete this summer at events in Detroit, Alberta and British Columbia, and then attend a national team camp.

Very good news. :) Does anyone recall if the Detroit summer competition was livestreamed last year? Wild Rose & BC Summerskate shouldl be.

Also, a video of one of her recent performances in NL has been posted on her facebook fan page.

mag

Very excited to here she will be at BC SummerSkate! That should really shake up the senior women's event.

Sylvia

TBD
Very good news. :) Does anyone recall if the Detroit summer competition was livestreamed last year?
Skate Detroit (Senior Ladies should be July 23 or 24 & 25, 2015) has never been live streamed :(, unfortunately (though the possibility of it happening was mentioned here in past years), probably due to technical/speed of connection issues and cost.

Re-posting from the Canadian ladies über thread:
From Kaetlyn's twitter

Kaetlyn OsmondVerified account‏@kaetlyn_23
Feels good to finally do a short program with triples in it :) Doesn't sound like much, but its the first clean short since august!!!

https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/585583008410906624

Last edited:

Enchanted

Not sure if this was posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPJjcX0HYp4
She was at Edmonton City TV last February to talk about the Skate to Great initiative.

It's great to see how much she has matured during the year. She's always been good in interviews but if you compare this interview to those she gave right after Sochi, there is a marked difference. She is much calmer and more articulated now.

Last edited:

Jeanne7

Not sure if this was posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPJjcX0HYp4
She was at Edmonton City TV last February to talk about the Skate to Great initiative.

It's great to see how much she has matured during the year. She's always been good in interviews but if you compare this interview to those she gave right after Sochi, there is a marked difference. She is much calmer and more articulated now.

I agree! I think you mean she's more articulate now? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information