Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

litenkyckling

Finally we have proof that these two are actually on the ice hahaha

If you can't get the Insta link to work, it's a picture of them in Montreal with Marie-France, Sam Chouinard, and Madison Hubble. Christina captioned it as the "dream team."

Side note, but it looks like Christina is in Edeas now? I will resist from posting my hatred of Edeas haha, but that's certainly new.

Anyway please give us a music drop sometime. I'm super interested in what they'll be doing this season.
I'm really interested to see Christina this season - obviously Anthony has been off the ice for some of the off-season - but I wonder what more concentrated time with IAM and time on the ice by herself will show some improvement in technique. I know last season wasn't their best, but they moved full time in May and then competed in September so it really wasn't a lot of time.

I know nothing about skates except that Edeas look a bit bulky and not as elegant? But are they perhaps better on the ankle?

I think Latin could be good for them? They tend to do well with fun and bubbly material

litenkyckling

Christina shared a short clip of what I believe is their new free dance. They look great in my opinion https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFFj1u3k/
I’m so intrigued - I agree they look great though. In a strange way, I wonder if Anthony being off the ice has been good for Christina as she’s probably had more one on one time with coaches and time to just run her own training programme because she in particular looks great in both clips she’s shared.

They need to just drop the music now as I’m impatient haha. Here’s hoping they can enjoy a better season than last - already so many people are enjoying what they’ve shared and having programmes people like is half the battle!

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I’m so intrigued - I agree they look great though. In a strange way, I wonder if Anthony being off the ice has been good for Christina as she’s probably had more one on one time with coaches and time to just run her own training programme because she in particular looks great in both clips she’s shared.

They need to just drop the music now as I’m impatient haha. Here’s hoping they can enjoy a better season than last - already so many people are enjoying what they’ve shared and having programmes people like is half the battle!
I noticed that about Christina as well. Her edging on both these clips is so much stronger, her turns look very sure. Like I'm completely drawn in by how she's skating, which wasn't always the case in the past.

But yeah, I'm with you. Give me the music already. This looks kind of lyrical maybe?? I'm just going to start playing music to it and see what fits the best haha.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I noticed that about Christina as well. Her edging on both these clips is so much stronger, her turns look very sure. Like I'm completely drawn in by how she's skating, which wasn't always the case in the past.

But yeah, I'm with you. Give me the music already. This looks kind of lyrical maybe?? I'm just going to start playing music to it and see what fits the best haha.
She definitely seems more confident/stronger in those clips. The real question, though, is how are Anthony's twizzles looking?

I feel like this is true of ALL of the teams who have yet to debut - though, now I'm being nosy and looking at the ISU bios for the teams entered at Finlandia and I see that some of them have update their music.

litenkyckling

She definitely seems more confident/stronger in those clips. The real question, though, is how are Anthony's twizzles looking?

I feel like this is true of ALL of the teams who have yet to debut - though, now I'm being nosy and looking at the ISU bios for the teams entered at Finlandia and I see that some of them have update their music.
fingers crossed his recovery has gone well! Such a shame they couldn't compete earlier than November this year, but at the beginning of the quad it's not worth risking injury again I suppose! Suuuurely they will announce soon - they are both suddenly very active on social media this week - almost like they've come out of hibernation

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I think what I'm most happy about is that this looks like a mature, cohesive program. I wish they had been able to do some earlier competitions to get some of that nervous energy out and some feedback, but just seeing them go out there and get one of the more actual Latin programs out on the ice is nice. Plus the bossa nova kind of sets them apart from a lot of the other programs (I haven't actually looked through to see what rhythms people claim they are using, but I haven't heard much of what resembles a bossa nova anyway).

Also Christina can passably shimmy bless.

Karen-W

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
WOW! It's so good?? I dare to say that it is the best free dance of their career

oh OK, I was gonna say, I’m like why would they be practicing a free dance when they haven’t done the rhythm dance yet and this rhythm dance does not look Latin at all. Now I understand

Karen-W

oh OK, I was gonna say, I’m like why would they be practicing a free dance when they haven’t done the rhythm dance yet and this rhythm dance does not look Latin at all. Now I understand
At competitions they only get the music from one of their programs played during the daily practice session. Yesterday they did a runthrough of their RD, today it was the FD.

yurokis40

Program is boring and too old fashioned not even close to la la or even green and parsons, another 4th place at nationals.

sap5

Looking forward to seeing this FD! Right now the music edit is confusing to me. It looks like there’s a storyline but I can’t tell what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information