2022 Nationals in Nashville

YukiNieve

According to its website, the arena has no re-entry policy but I really do not want to stay all day inside the arena. I asked Brent if we can go outside to breathe the fresh air or go back to the hotel, but have not got a reply yet.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
According to its website, the arena has no re-entry policy but I really do not want to stay all day inside the arena. I asked Brent if we can go outside to breathe the fresh air or go back to the hotel, but have not got a reply yet.
There are separate tickets for each event so shouldn’t be an issue. Just don’t let them scan all your tickets for the whole day at once.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The description of All-Event tickets says that we are entitled to go to all practices at the Bridgestone Arena. It doesn't say anything about the secondary arena. Therefore, I don't expect there to be a shuttle.

And there isn't a separate ticket for practices.

Don't know about the colored schedule but I'm assuming as soon as it's available that someone will post it here.

Sylvia

TBD
Any answer to this question yet?
Since practices in Bellevue are not being advertised on the tickets, it's unlikely there will be a shuttle for non-credentialed spectators.
I lied. I just got off a Zoom meeting with the LOC. Due to Toyota’s sponsorship of the Championships the rink will be called the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy-Bellevue. On a good day it is 20 minutes from downtown. Spectators will be allowed to attend practices there.
ETA:
Thanks, I've been posting the lists with additional info incl. high scores in the U.S. news threads by disciplines (click on the direct links below) - just have pairs to go.
I've noted which qualifying competition for each high score in case anyone wants to watch individual performances via Peacock Premium and/or look up results.

Ice Dance: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...eason-news-updates.108446/page-9#post-6126637

Men: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ason-news-updates.108445/page-23#post-6125703

Women: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...htness-of-beijing.108769/page-23#post-6125693

ETA link to Pairs: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ews-updates-part-x.108528/page-9#post-6126848
Cross-posting here from the 2022 U.S. Nationals Entries thread in Kiss & Cry:

2 withdrawals and 1 replacement as of December 9, 2021:

Maxim Naumov has WD :( (top 5 byed skaters from the previous Nationals are not replaced).

Anabelle Larson/Lucas Appel (won last season's virtual Novice FD event) have WD - replaced by alternates Madeline Freeman, Atlanta FSC/Christian Bennett, Ion FSC.

Last edited:

Yuri

Any answer to this question yet? Also wondering about practice passes and a colored schedule to download.
When I attended practices at the second rink in the 1980s and 1990s, we could always attend them at no charge without needing an all event ticket. I assume that remains the current policy. The main issue and cost was always either riding the shuttle or having a private car available.

In the post-whack era, I believe the LOCs have separated the public from the competitors and officials for the transportation from the official hotels to the main arena (if needed) and practice rinks. When I attended in Greensboro in 2020, the second rink was in the same complex as the main arena, so I don't know how/if they run separate busses now for the general public.

peibeck

Simply looking
Any answer to this question yet? Also wondering about practice passes and a colored schedule to download.

I've seen a tentative schedule, which I received from a LOC volunteer, but those things always get modified as the event gets closer, especially if there are competitors who have to withdraw.

I can't remember the last time there was a shuttle to practices for spectators at US Nationals. That's a huge expense on the LOC. I'm not sure when they even last had shuttles from host hotels to the competition for spectators, maybe 2011 or 2012?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I've seen a tentative schedule, which I received from a LOC volunteer, but those things always get modified as the event gets closer, especially if there are competitors who have to withdraw.

I can't remember the last time there was a shuttle to practices for spectators at US Nationals. That's a huge expense on the LOC. I'm not sure when they even last had shuttles from host hotels to the competition for spectators, maybe 2011 or 2012?
Greensboro 2020 had a shuttle for fans from the host hotel to the arena.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Even the idea of a shuttle gives me hives. There’s still plenty of crud around and Nashville is not the vaxxed and masked capitol of the world. The most current data says that fewer than half of Tennesseans are fully vaccinated. Ride at your own discretion.

Debbie S

Yes, I'm glad that the arena is within walking distance of the hotel, no need for shuttle, public transit, or Uber. It was nice to have the practice rink on-site in Greensboro, but this year, I'm happy to stay at the main arena and see whatever practices are happening there.

morgan rye

Any word about a shuttle going between Bridgestone and the practice facility??

When I attended practices at the second rink in the 1980s and 1990s, we could always attend them at no charge without needing an all event ticket. I assume that remains the current policy. The main issue and cost was always either riding the shuttle or having a private car available.

In the post-whack era, I believe the LOCs have separated the public from the competitors and officials for the transportation from the official hotels to the main arena (if needed) and practice rinks. When I attended in Greensboro in 2020, the second rink was in the same complex as the main arena, so I don't know how/if they run separate busses now for the general public.

morgan rye

yes....i have been to many nationals and have never had difficulty finding information like now in nashville. by now we should have our practice passes and the colored schedule that tells you where you might want to bat at what hour. IMO this event is not being run well at all and the USFS ia taking no responsibility.

morgan rye

The description of All-Event tickets says that we are entitled to go to all practices at the Bridgestone Arena. It doesn't say anything about the secondary arena. Therefore, I don't expect there to be a shuttle.

And there isn't a separate ticket for practices.

Don't know about the colored schedule but I'm assuming as soon as it's available that someone will post it here.

morgan rye

there is a secondary arena 20 or so minutes away from downtown and in all other events i have been to the people with all event tickets have practice passes by now AND a colored schedule of events and times and what rinks things are in. there is always a separate pass for practices.

Sylvia

TBD
@morgan rye, the colored schedule & practice groups were not made available to the public for 2020 Nationals until a few days before the comp. started.

Hopefully it will be sooner this year. :)

morgan rye

@morgan rye, the colored schedule & practice groups were not made available to the public for 2020 Nationals until a few days before the comp. started.

Hopefully it will be sooner this year. :)
greensboro was on top of things and if you emailed you got an answer. this place IMO does not know which end it up. i hope their response gets better.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
there is a secondary arena 20 or so minutes away from downtown and in all other events i have been to the people with all event tickets have practice passes by now AND a colored schedule of events and times and what rinks things are in. there is always a separate pass for practices.
Breathe, please breathe. Yes, they probably already have the draft schedule, but, you may have heard, we are in the middle of an effing pan dem ic. Any time there is uncertainty, it’s best to keep things in draft mode for as long as possible. Personally, if I was the project manager in charge, I wouldn’t publish the prelim schedule until just before Christmas.

And if they are not selling practice passes, there’s absolutely no need to go to the extra time and expense of creating them.

Debbie S

Others have posted (and I think confirmed with someone at the arena/LOC?) that the all-event tix serve as the practice pass. What will most likely happen is they'll scan all tix each morning and give people a wristband. And I suspect that even single-event ticketholders will be allowed in to practices before their ticketed event.

Carolla5501

the truth is the local organizing committee can’t do anything unless US figure skating lets them self so blaming the arena and blaming the locals may be missplaced.

As long as the skaters and the coaches are getting what they need then the rest of us need to chill.

you know when you’re getting to Nashville and you know when you’re leaving Nashville. That’s probably mostly set for most of you. you know when the actual competitions are that’s pretty set. You can pretty much figure that at the main arena when there’s not an event they’ll be a practice.

Honestly, I expect they will try to keep the fans from going to the secondary arena. Just like I don’t expect they’ll be those meet and greet’s where you can go get autographs etc. It’s called safety

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I don't have a single all events ticket. I have 15 tickets, one for each event.

The last I looked (which was last week) the arena didn't have a vac/negative test requirement, which is up to the USFS to decide. So I'm not all that impressed with the USFS's watching out for the fans.

morgan rye

Breathe, please breathe. Yes, they probably already have the draft schedule, but, you may have heard, we are in the middle of an effing pan dem ic. Any time there is uncertainty, it’s best to keep things in draft mode for as long as possible. Personally, if I was the project manager in charge, I wouldn’t publish the prelim schedule until just before Christmas.

And if they are not selling practice passes, there’s absolutely no need to go to the extra time and expense of creating them.
to my knowledge they are not selling practice passes. they are included in an all event ticket. no extracharge.

YukiNieve

Some people got an email about Olympic Send-Off invitation but others don't. I wonder why. :confused:

Debbie S

I don't have a single all events ticket. I have 15 tickets, one for each event.
Yes, that's how it's always worked, at least since I started going 20 years ago. All-event ticket purchasers get a pack of tickers, 1 per session (sometimes multiple events, particularly with the Juniors, are included in the same session). Sometimes they've been bound in a book and sometimes it's just been a stack of tickets in an envelope.

Gusmom

Banned Member
I just emailed the arena to ask when they would announce the policy for Nationals, pointing out to them (in a warm and friendly way) that they have 2 different policies listed and that was confusing. It might not hurt if other people planning to attend email them about it.

It would also help if the USFS made an announcement on the subject, which for all I know they have. Has anyone checked?

ETA: I just emailed USFS but I'm not a member and for different reasons I'm not sure the email went through. Once again, it might not hurt if other people planning to attend email them about it.
i've emailed USFS since the Bridgestone originally dropped the requirement -- as many people made the decision to buy tickets with that safety protocol in place. Never heard back (but i am also not a member)

Gusmom

Banned Member
trying not to think about that as i figure out best way to get from airport to hotel downtown :( (also really wish usfs would consider the vax/test regs again -- current situation is unknown, virus is spreading even in high-vax areas, AND - most importantly - many people researched & made a decision to purchase NON-REFUNDABLE tickets based on having that regulation in place. Considering the demographics of skating fans as well...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information