2020 Russian Junior and Senior test skates

Ka3sha

lala

Hedwig

Antique member
Sofia Aleksova/Ilya Vladimirov
they look much more in need of training than the first couple - twizzels a bit of a mess
(I haven't watched junior ice dance in forever so I know nothing - take it with a grain of salt - probably I will like the last ranked couple best ;-) - but they were much weaker than the first couple IMHO)

Hedwig

Antique member
Angelina Lazareva/Maksim Prokofiev
great last name - I would love to have Beethoven as last name :-D

Is it a rule that they all have to have black trainng clothes?

Second time Sinatra already?
they are a bit behind the beat (or the music is not videotaped right)

he has a very stiff back - needs a bit more flexibility

nice exits from the twizzles - twizzels itself a bit messy

very fast rotational lift - nice but again a bit messy

elenok

Sofia Aleksova/Ilya Vladimirov
they look much more in need of training than the first couple - twizzels a bit of a mess
(I haven't watched junior ice dance in forever so I know nothing - take it with a grain of salt - probably I will like the last ranked couple best ;-) - but they were much weaker than the first couple IMHO)
These two are much younger (they are the youngest team here at 14 and 15 years old). Their goal would normally be to make the JGPs whilst Sh/N would have been hoping to qualify to and win the JGP Final before everything was cancelled.

Plus Aleksova/Vladmirov have a new RD (Sh/N kept theirs from last year) and got back on ice only on July 13th.

Hedwig

Antique member
Olga Mamchenkova/Mark Volkov
missed the first 20 seconds
nice lines, very smooth
I am in no teknik but the content looks a bit easier to me than from the couples before them,
he messed up a bit
nice rotational lift with him on one foot at the end

Hedwig

Antique member
These two are much younger (they are the youngest team here at 14 and 15 years old). Their goal would normally be to make the JGPs whilst Sh/N would have been hoping to qualify to and win the JGP Final before everything was cancelled.

Plus Aleksova/Vladmirov have a new RD (Sh/N kept theirs from last year) and got back on ice only on July 13th.
that the first couple kept their program makes sense. I was suprised how precise to the music it was and how well skated it was this early in the season.

Hedwig

Antique member
Irina Khavronina/Dario Chirizano
In a way I am glad that not all couples are as outstanding as the first one - I was so surprised.
now this is more typically August and Junior teams that I anticipated

sorry son wanted food - I only watched half - was not half bad - they are a bit stiff all in all

Hedwig

Antique member
Vasilisa Kaganovskaya/ Valery Angelopol
they look very young as well but with great expression - very into the music
:lol: about the number of cuts in the music - very 90s
they get a bit slower, especially she looks not muscly enough

Hedwig

Antique member
Ekaterina Katashinskaya/ Aleksandr Vaskovich
much more seniorish expression
they stop the programm in the middle- I could not see where it went wrong but huge break in between (sorry, like I said I am no teknik)

Integrity

I've watched half of pair 5, and all of 6 & 7. Irina Khavronina/Dario Chirizano twizzles were a mess. Vasilisa Kaganovskaya/ Valery Angelopol were clean. Ekaterina Katashinskaya/ Aleksandr Vaskovich were doing well until the (seemingly long) break in their program, they have a more mature look than the other two pairs I saw.

Ka3sha

Bigbird

I just really, really like Katashinskaya. Her partner is a bit small for her but also good. She really knows how to dance and use her long elegant limbs. She could school the Sinitsinas and Stepanovas in the senior team. It's because of ice dancers like her why I can never really get the high scores they gave to the good choreo but, dance by numbers S/K routine to Singing in the Rain.

But isn't it sort of anti-climatic watching last years RDs again?

J

Jeschke

Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy - No fan of the last music choice, but the rest was really nicely edited. Great little choreo details to the music; really good.
Khavronina/Chirizano - I always wanted a dance team using 'Toccate e fuga' :respec: (@SmallFairy ); but this was some reilly weird pianist gone mental choreo 🆘 (Still, I don't see them being a good match, can't help)
Katashinskaya/Vaskovich - Latin to start/end is such a good fit for him, nice surprise. The music switch to 'temptation' I don't get.
Shichina/Khubulov - 'Leftovers' OST works for them; somehow unrefined.
Kaganovskaya/Angelopol - Is he RUS? How old are they? They are looking young. This was really great. Loved it, especially him. Great to see Krylova has a decent (kinda classic) pair again.
Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy - He has grown up. No fan of the new hair. No fan of the program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks, @Jeschke! I’m not able to watch but AnythingGOE tweeted Junior FD music IDs as follows:

Mamchenkova/Volkov - Für Elise (Hidden Citizens)

Khavronina/Cirisano - Toccata En Ré Mineur [Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Johann Sebastian Bach]

Katashinskaia/Vaskovich - Bailar/Temptation/Happy Brasilia (eta that @Amy L confirmed below that this was their 2019-20 FD music: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00106650.htm )

Shichina/Khubulov - Departure (Lullaby)/The Leftovers (Main Title Theme)

Aleksova/Vladimirov - Io Ti Penso Amore/Caprice No.24 (David Garrett)

Svistunova/Studenikin - Castle (Halsey)/Black Skinhead (Kanye West)

Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy - Mutation/Hope (Cirque du Soleil)

Kaganovskaya/Angelopol - Romeo and Juliet (Abel Korzeniowski)

Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy - You?/BBY (Two Feet)

Lazareva/Prokofiev - Foreverglow/Masquerade (Lindsey Stirling)

Last edited:

Amy L

Katashinskaya/Vaskovich - Latin to start/end is such a good fit for him, nice surprise. The music switch to 'temptation' I don't get.

They kept their program from last year. Wonder if they'll keep the same old costumes too... I think I described them as her being caught in a fishing net and him dressed like an Armenian folk dancer.

Amy L

I don't remember seeing Shichina/Khubulov before, are they new? I skipped a lot of dance in the Russian Cup series last season so maybe I just missed them.

The new FD for Shanaeva/Narizhniy isn't nearly as dynamic as the one they had last year. Of course it's a debut, but the music is kind of mishmashy so I don't know how much potential it has to be a showstopper. Speaking of mishmashy, I didn't think Aleksova/Vladimirov's music went together that well either.

Several of the teams had empty spaces in their choreo where they just skated through or stopped altogether. I think the test skates were probably scheduled too soon. Hopefully as each discipline debuts a few days after the other, the kids will be more and more ready. I don't want any 'too soon' issues with the pairs please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information