How Much of a Splatfest Will the Men's Olympic Freeskate Be?

How well or badly do you think the Olympic men will do?

• The freeskate will be clean and well skated by almost everybody

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • The three medalists will all land their jumps

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • The gold medal winner alone will land his jumps

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • A roughly equal number of clean and messy skates

Votes: 48 38.1%
  • Splat splat splat splat oops splat splat

Votes: 54 42.9%

• Total voters

Areski

Weren't men just as inconsistent when they weren't attempting 3-5 quads in a program? I think that's not the best argument to make. I do think the imbalance and ultra focus on jumping passes that distract from the program is a pretty good one though.

You make a good point here, it speaks to me. You just see those ultra-concentrated facial / body language expressions and weakened performance to it.

MRani

It was a phenomenal men’s free skate. So proud of every guy who skated and even more proud of everyone who made the top 10. A lot of great programs and the top 5 were all inspirational! Me and the whole family really enjoyed the event. The podium was legendary.

Fiero425

It was a fantastic competition! Not a splatfest at all, which probably upsets the ones hoping for it.

It started that way during the team comp.! I thought maybe something was wrong with the ice, but the ladies didn't have any problems! Nathan just had 2 bad performances, but outdid himself in the FS yesterday! Too bad he blew the SP so badly, he couldn't pull a "Denis Ten" from Sochi! He was close, but there were just too many other good skaters! He had a real chance of winning with that LP; too bad! :rolleyes: :judge: :plush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information