Survivor: Game Changers (Season 34)

Susan1

No goats were killed. They caught a mother and baby but let both go. The other tribe members didn't feel right about killing either one. I'm glad they didn't kill them and hope the goats will stay away from their camp and run fast if they see anybody.
That was so upsetting. I was scared. What kind of person could kill a mother or a baby goat. (I met a goat named Rex at a county fair and I told him what my boyfriend's car looked like and the license number and that we'd hide him in the trunk. ha ha).

What's the little guy's name who made them keep the chickens alive? He'll go bonkers when he sees that afterwards. Or hears about it during a merge. I wonder if he is worried about his chickens being with the other tribe?

Someone should tell Sandra to go out and try to catch one of those sharks they keep showing.

smurfy

I am enjoying this season so far. It seems like people are playing hard, nothing personal yet - so I like just game play.
Tony came on too strong too fast.
Sandra - compared to other seasons or is it the editing - that she is playing so hard early. I think it is the editing, showing more this time around. She seems to be drawing a lot of attention to herself - not sure if that is smart.
Now Caleb. Smart move by Culpepper and his comment to Tai about going to the merge w/out Caleb - I do not remember liking Culpepper before - he seems nicer this time around.
No way for that tribe to have 5 people with 3 being Caleb, Tai and Debbie.
Back to Caleb - he just seems so much more mature than when he was on BB. Loved his kiss to Tai. I am pretty sure he will be back on a future season - unfinished business.
Malcolm - just seems like such a nice person, and nice on the eyes.
Ozzy seems a littler more aware of the strategic side of the game.

I always had a theory about the first all star season that Amber won. Yes she was with Boston Rob, but I also wonder that no one saw her as a major threat. In these returning players season, I think those type of players have an advantage as the big guns are the more obvious targets first.

I wondered the same thing about the goat's milk? Could be a longer term nutritious benefit.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
:shuffle: Is Debbie the crazy lady who had a different profession every time she spoke? Can't quite remember if that's her.
Yep, that's her. I'm waiting for her professions to start popping up again, but so far it's just been tribes it seems.

PeterG

Now Caleb. Smart move by Culpepper and his comment to Tai about going to the merge w/out Caleb - I do not remember liking Culpepper before - he seems nicer this time around.

I found their decision to get rid of Caleb to be questionable. Caleb has only played once before, right? He didn't make it far because...he took HIMSELF out of the game! That's what I would have said if I had been part of their tribe. "Don't worry about Caleb, he'll over-play again and take himself out." They need him to win challeanges...but kept Hali instead, who is a non-entity as far as what power she brings to challenges. It would have been smarter for a sub-group to form and vote out Tai. He's made it farther in Survivor than any of the other five, he is a great strategist and with certain immunity challenges, his endurance is almost unmatchable. Keeping this powerhouse around while evicting the dim-witted dude wasn't a great move as far as I can see. :(

FiveRinger

I found their decision to get rid of Caleb to be questionable. Caleb has only played once before, right? He didn't make it far because...he took HIMSELF out of the game! That's what I would have said if I had been part of their tribe. "Don't worry about Caleb, he'll over-play again and take himself out." They need him to win challeanges...but kept Hali instead, who is a non-entity as far as what power she brings to challenges. It would have been smarter for a sub-group to form and vote out Tai. He's made it farther in Survivor than any of the other five, he is a great strategist and with certain immunity challenges, his endurance is almost unmatchable. Keeping this powerhouse around while evicting the dim-witted dude wasn't a great move as far as I can see. :(
That was my original thought. He's kind of a flake....it was way too easy for Culpepper to convince him to vote out Caleb. I think that Culpepper thinks that he might be able to use Tai to his advantage, but, again, he's a flake. There's never any comfort in having someone like that around.

I don't remember much about Hali. But, after watching tribal council I see that she's kind of shrewd. I like how she she turned Caleb's strengths against him.

I think the main thing about this season that is driving me a little bit crazy is how everyone is tip-toeing around Sandra. They are all afraid of her. I would really like to see some final interviews so I can understand what is driving that.

BaileyCatts

How did that even happen? And how was it Malcolm?! As much as I want Sandra to stick around, I can't believe how stupid all of them are to not ban together and vote out the 2 time winner. Now I really really REALLY want her to win. Long live The Queen! :rofl:

smurfy

WTF! That was such an awesome TC - the only thing missing was Eliza on the jury with her chin on the floor and eyes bugging out.
They should put up a longer clip of it on the website. We will see 2 of 3 tribes going to one TC in the future - that was brillant. This show never ceases to continually entertain.
I am not sure what happened. JT voted for Sierra to go- he sided with his 'new' tribe - but it looks like he is getting blamed in the previews for talking to Culpepper - but he messed up big time. Did he want Malcolm out??
Did Hali's comment about voting out a strong one, and Hali's team reactions to Malcolm's comments - give them the idea to pick a strong person over Sandra? Was Hali trying to get folks to vote out Culpepper? Looks like Sierra and Hali have some kind of bond now.
I do feel bad for Malcolm - he is just great on this show, and I get the sense he loves every aspect of playing this game. My favorite of his was when he came up with a name for a tribe in a previous season -and it was his mom's name spelled backwards, but said it was some native word.
They really are dumb to not vote out Sandra.

Last edited:

FiveRinger

I don't know what it is I just saw, but they all deserve to lose for not voting out Sandra. That was an epic TC, though.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
I understand the vote for Malcolm - he has been a big factor in winning challenges for his tribe. They stand a much better chance of not returning to tribal council next time with Malcolm gone. Sandra is not a challenge beast so can be taken out later. But not too much later or she'll slide to the end with her "anyone but me" strategy.

Unfortunately for JT, his attempt to get Sandra out by telling the other tribe the vote was for Sierra smacked him in the face.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Help me out here folks as I have not watched the most recent seasons:

Why was Sierra a target at all? Was she a threat to win the game? I don't know her.

Why not Culpepper who is a strong player all round, especially in the early team stage. Or does he have alliances on the other tribe who want him?

So Tai gave Sierra the idol assuming she's the obvious target, or did someone - JT? - tip them off?

Why did the other team target Malcolm, and not the two winners on the tribe? Sandra who everyone knows can slip to the end, and JT who is so strong on challenges and will definitely be a threat for individual immunities? Or Micheala who is also strong? Is it because Malcolm is so nice that everyone assumes if he gets to the end he'll win?

And I missed last week - why on Earth would the physically weakest tribe get rid of Caleb at this stage in the game?

Fun tribal council though - you knew something was up when they rushed through the challenges in the first half and started TC with 20 minutes to go on the hour.

smurfy

Jenny -
Last week and Caleb's vote. Culpepper got in Tai's ear that Tai and Caleb were view as a pair and it would be smart for Tai's game for Caleb to go. There was a trio of Tai, Caleb and Debbie - so the others thought one of them should go. Hali is in law school (or done, not sure) - and gave some good arguments. Culpepper called her a budding attorney in TC - as a complement. Culpepper seems to be running that tribe. I think they should have voted out Tai - lovely man, but so wishy washy.
Caleb was classy when he got voted out - he gave Tai a kiss on the head and said in his confessional they would always be friends. Both seasons he was out Day 9. But Survivor has not seen the Caleb Iknow from BB. I bet he will be back again - especially if they do an unfinished business season.
Also Culpepper is into decorating the camps, made a comment that he is WWMD (what would Monica do) for the game, and seems to be nice this season.

Sierra - wasn't she bullied a lot by that awful Dan - and was upset?? I did not think much of her. Maybe she is good physically, - or got in good with Culpepper.
Tai - so dumb to divulge he had an idol. From what has been shown - Culpepper is controlling his tribe.
I guess the clue Malcolm was gone - was when they were wondering who the other tribe would target - Malcolm said he was in good with Culpepper.

I loved Sandra the other 2 seasons - she seemed so much under the radar, slyer. Unless it is the editing - she is so much bolder and annoying this season. They are so dumb to not vote her out. What they showed when they were first back at camp - Culpepper's tribe and JT & Malcolm - went with getting Sandra out. They should have stuck with that.
I think JT may have put a target on his back. But with this season - they may switch tribes again soon.

I was reading on previously tv last night. So many did not like the one TC with 2 tribes. I thought it was hilarious. I guess this has been coming for awhile. Last few years - there has been a little more whispering at TC. I bet the producers had no idea that this would happen and are very proud of themselves.
It may happen again this season, but unless other seasons are in the can already (I know they film a few back to back) - it will probably a lot in future seasons.
It can backfire - without knowing what is said - by who walks over to who is so telling. They all know JT is linked to Culpepper.
But I would not assume Hali with Sandra. Hali was trying to get them to vote for Culpepper, I think.
I think we have to watch Hali closely - she is getting an interesting edit, as is Culpepper
Other good edits so far - Ozzy? They are not showing much of Varner - and he can be great in the confessionals.
But also the season is still so new - I wish each episode in the beginning was 15-30 minutes longer - just showing folks in the tribes interacting.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Thanks smurfy -I see the Caleb vote, and kinda feel bad for him. Those of us who know him from BB remember what an immature, self-centred and yet insecure guy he was, often making up for it by being a jerk. He's so different now.

re Sandra - I wonder if she is purposely being unlikeable to make it easier to keep her around as a shield and potential to beat in the final. The fact that she was a winner last time didn't stop anyone from getting rid of her or not voting for her, but she's gotta believe that won't work when she's already got $2 million in the bank. If she continued to play her under-the-radar game then all they'd be looking at is "she's won twice, we're not quite sure how she did it or what she's up to now, so she's gotta go." Easier to keep around the enemy you know (or think you know, since she's putting out an aggressive game this time, which may be hiding her true strategy) than one you are unsure of.

And yes I think JT is toast - people are feeling betrayed, and you never know if he's going to go rogue and try and make a big move - wasn't he the one who gave Russell on the other team an idol or something like that? Plus, he's a winner, and he's a definite individual immunity threat, so yeah, much as I'm a fan, I'd be voting him out pronto.

Kasey

just caught up on it last night. I hate them all for voting off my man-candy. And think they are complete idiots for letting the only 2-time winner remain in the game. The fact that Sandra is still there after what, 4 TCs now, I just don't get it (but I'm glad Tony was out early, because he annoyed the crap out of me almost as much as a Hantz could). I have no idea why the heck Sierra would be targeted, unless they thought her to be least likely to have an idol? I don't really remember her being such a strong presence in whatever season she played to make her such an early target.

smurfy

This just makes me love Malcolm more. I always felt we saw what he was like, nice guy, enjoying the game/process, not cocky. And nice on the eyes.
Love his comments about bromancing JT and the insult 'Dumbass Alabama Farmer' lol
I would love for him to come back.
Love hearing that Aubry and Sandra do not get along - hope it gets shown, and how almost any of their tribe may have gone home if it was just the one tribe voting.

professordeb

I would venture that the "Blue" team may not do as well in upcoming challenges now that Malcolm is gone. I felt he was someone with brains and brawn and brought a lot to the tribe. Now that he's gone, I don't think I'll be rooting blue. Maybe green?

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Blue still has Michaela, who has been laying back in the challenges to not become a target, which is how she got booted so early the first time. I imagine she'd step up if needed to avoid going to tribal council.

alexikeguchi

That was one first class blindside setup, and I love how Michaela drank tea as the votes were read. JT deserved to get booted for his incompetence at the prior tribal council resulting in the loss of their strongest challenge player, and this season in addition to Heroes vs Villains just shows how he's nothing as a player without Stephen's strategizing.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
:rofl: Michaela is amazing. And yet again Sandra escapes another tribal council. Is she the only winner left? She's too good at this game to have been to TC so many times and to not be booted. She's going to be dangerous if she makes the merge.

Debbie is nutso. Good grief.

smurfy

WTF with Debbie. I was never a Culpepper fan, but he seems better this season, and what they showed with her blowup - he was way nicer than I would be.
I forgot that Culpepper was an attorney - so he and Hali are bonding over that? I think Hali is getting a great edit so far.

I was actually getting sucked in to thinking JT would stay for a bit. Malcolm said he found Michaela annoying - I like her from last season, but it does seem she has some areas where she is annoying folks. Finally some Jeff Varner tonight - he amuses me. Someone like him could take it all - not a physcial threat, not a former winner - seems to have a good social game. all the big guns can take each other out and folks like him could be still there.
And Sandra is still there! Yes the only winner left. And still some folks with hardly any screen time.
I am finding this season so fun! And Amazing Race is back tonight! Yippee!

smurfy

I was reading on previously.tv - interesting theory on Sandra - she knows she will not win, but wants to ensure she is the only 2 time winner. She is the only previous winner left. - so it is accomplished for this season.
To me - if she makes it to the end - she deserves the win. If anyone buys the -'take me to the end as no one will vote for me to win again' would deserve to come in 2nd.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Once she arrived I can see wanting to keep her title by getting rid of the other winners, but I don't see that as a reason to come on the show. She's the only person to have played twice and won twice - a perfect record. Tony might have had a shot at it (although he's one of those people who I don't think can repeat a game strategy once everyone's seen it - sorta like Russell who failed miserably his 3rd time because by then everyone had seen his first season and knew his MO), but JT had already blown it on his second game.

Also, one might think she would have been better to keep them both around as targets to shield her, and potentially have a strong case if they made it to the final with her. That would be kinda funny actually, as I could see Tony and Sandra each claiming the other rode their coattails.

Kasey

The beautiful thing with Sandra is, she is constantly reminding them what a little sneak she is (such as stealing/eating all the sugar), and they all just laugh about it, not realizing that it is laugh-worthy.....provided that she is on your side. However...Sandra is only on Sandra's side, long-term. Freaking brilliant.

sk8pics

I couldn't figure out what Debbie was talking about. She was the one who screwed up previous challenge, wasn't she? She wanted to do that part of the challenge, didn't she? Was she just ranting like a crazy person to get attention? She is just crazy. I really hope she is voted out soon, because I want her off my TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information